KSP Loading...Preview: New Lights!

St4rdust

20 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

Well, I'm kinda beginning to prefer companies not publishing a release date until a product is actually ready to be released. Or else we might get situations like with Cyberpunk 2077 where we get half a dozen release dates that can't be met.

This is why Squad stopped specifying release times. People would get really nasty about delays. 

12 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Also, I don't understand why people say that features in updates are simply rip-offs of existing mods. Some people can't (or don't want to) use mods, so bringing these features to stock allows more people to use them, albeit in an officially supported and in many cases more user-friendly form. They're making their own version, not stealing the mod and directly integrating it into the game.

This has always driven me bonkers too. Also, after 8+ years there's not many avenues left in which to travel on updates. Let the modders do what they want and the developers do what they want, and when there's overlap just chill out and let there be overlap.

By now I'm just assuming that people want to get mad and need to find things to be mad at.

Edited by Superfluous J

If you guys actually manage to implement Deferred rendering, squash the Mirror symmetry bug, and not break compatibility with all the mods updated for 1.10. Well it'll still be KSP with it's usual jank, but might be the best version since 1.6.1/1.8.1 and convince me to finally update. Then again, wouldn't changing the renderer like that break anything using the depreciated APIs for the previous implementation <.< ?

16 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Edit: this means i wont need indicator lights mod now, There in stock in KSP 1.11

I think Indicator Lights will still be needed, as it introduces changing lights based on conditions (battery charge, crew composition, etc). I don't think the 1.11 lights will do that.

10 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

If you guys actually manage to implement Deferred rendering, squash the Mirror symmetry bug, and not break compatibility with all the mods updated for 1.10. Well it'll still be KSP with it's usual jank, but might be the best version since 1.6.1/1.8.1 and convince me to finally update. Then again, wouldn't changing the renderer like that break anything using the depreciated APIs for the previous implementation <.< ?

Changing the rendering mode would break most anything that uses a shader, but updating should be pretty easy.  And I don't think a ton of mods do use shaders, and those that do are more than capable of updating a shader file.

What would be great, but potentially save game breaking is if Flags were added to the inventory rather than an infinte number stored in pods.  Then flag plantinv contracts would have to get particular flags to a place rather than a kerbal chilling on a base who pops out when needed to poke the ground with yet another pole.

Peace.

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

KSP2 is being made by a different team from a different company. What one gives you has no relation to what the other gives you. Also, this is just a feature preview. No one said it was the whole of the update. 

You mean you don't want another hundred more light parts and that's it?

*Goes back to the drawing board*

1 hour ago, Maxsimal said:

You mean you don't want another hundred more light parts and that's it?

*Goes back to the drawing board*

But there's so much potential here! LED lights, fusion-powered lights, Organic LED display lamps, and how about a nice superconductor for the electric circuits, something a little exotic but cool, like metallic hydrogen? ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.