Strand a Kerbal for others to rescue.

Strand a Kerbal off Kerbin for another player to rescue, or rescue a Kerbal that another player has stranded!

Strander rules

1. Max budget will be 10000 funds in the VAB/SPH. This should be more than enough to make rescue very challenging.

2. Capsule required. Feel free to terminate the capsule after you EVA the stranded Kerbal. (EDIT: a lawn chair is not a capsule. Especially not if you strap it to the outside of the vehicle xD)

3. No using the EVA pack.

4. If the Kerbal dies or goes more than 200 Gigameters from Kerbol without interference, they are considered rescued. Strand them. Don't kill them or send them to other stars.

5. No Eve Surface. It's far too easy to get to for the difficulty of getting off of it.

6. No cheating, part mods, or glitch-powered reactionless drives.

7. Upload a persistent.sfs in sandbox mode with normal physics and the Kerbal stranded.

Rescuer rules

1. Once you mess with the Kerbal, it's your fault if they die.

2. No budget limit but the cheaper and faster the rescue mission, the better.

3. You may use EVA pack to help rescue to Kerbal.

4. No cheating, part mods, or glitch-powered reactionless drives.

Edited by Pds314

3 minutes ago, ralanboyle said:

I'm actually not sure how to share mission files, can you fill me in? 

In your ksp folder, there is a folder named ‘saves’ inside there is where you can find the save files. (Just copy and paste to add/share files from there) 

Cheers-

Lewie

My stranded entry.... and oh wow 10000 funds might be a lot. I didn't even use any gravity assists and rescuing this Kerbal might be tough.

Rescue Jeb from the Polar Kerbolar Moho-Duna orbit. (EDIT: broken link, to be repaired)

Jeb's Final Orbit: Rescue him!
ySrcn7X.png

Editor cost is 9998 Funds. In terms of Vacuum Delta-V it has 8577 m/s, so that's gonna be enough to go pretty far. Especially because somehow by the grace of the Kraken we manage to reach a 154 by 70 orbit with 3022 of that.
MjBfcrP.png

Pollux takes us to a 150 km Apoapsis. Any harsher on the ascent and we would have melted.
otb1NX6.png

Goodbye Kerbin
FcoaTKC.png

We reverse our control point for the third stage.
yIzkyj7.png

Alright, years later, by the power of timewarp, we do another burn far from... well far from everything really.
Y7AZzTh.png

More years later, we're gonna bring our orbit a bit lower.
wCAQA2d.png

Jeb is a little toasty but ultimately fine.
uGSikEA.png

Edited by Pds314

10 hours ago, ralanboyle said:

@Pds314 I loaded your file and it shows as a career mode save called "Wimp 2" day one with nothing seen in the tracking station. I haven't done this before so what am I doing wrong?  

And here is mine: Who's up for a Laythe Ocean rescue? Here is the save file

Hmm. That's really odd. I will try re-uploading but not at my PC atm.

10 hours ago, ralanboyle said:

@Pds314 I loaded your file and it shows as a career mode save called "Wimp 2" day one with nothing seen in the tracking station. I haven't done this before so what am I doing wrong?  

And here is mine: Who's up for a Laythe Ocean rescue? Here is the save file

It's certainly  possible to do this mission profile with a capsule but I definitely didn't see one in the video... Maybe I should make clear that "capsule" is not the same as "lawn chair?"

Edited by Pds314

On 10/30/2020 at 10:40 AM, Pds314 said:

Strand a Kerbal off Kerbin for another player to rescue, or rescue a Kerbal that another player has stranded!

Strander rules

1. Max budget will be 10000 funds in the VAB/SPH. This should be more than enough to make rescue very challenging.

2. Capsule required. Feel free to terminate the capsule after you EVA the stranded Kerbal. (EDIT: a lawn chair is not a capsule. Especially not if you strap it to the outside of the vehicle xD)

3. No using the EVA pack.

4. If the Kerbal dies or goes more than 200 Gigameters from Kerbol without interference, they are considered rescued. Strand them. Don't kill them or send them to other stars.

5. No Eve Surface. It's far too easy to get to for the difficulty of getting off of it.

6. No cheating, part mods, or glitch-powered reactionless drives.

7. Upload a persistent.sfs in sandbox mode with normal physics and the Kerbal stranded.

Rescuer rules

1. Once you mess with the Kerbal, it's your fault if they die.

2. No budget limit but the cheaper and faster the rescue mission, the better.

3. You may use EVA pack to help rescue to Kerbal.

4. No cheating, part mods, or glitch-powered reactionless drives.

looks like a job for... The BlunderBirds!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.