[KSP 1.10] [WIP] (Space) Dust Bunnies 0.2 [Nov 19, 2020]

JadeOfMaar

24M6R38.png

SOpoUTb.png

The already highly anticipated party pack for @Nertea 's ISRU overhaul, Space Dust. Dust Bunnies ensures the presence of not only the resources used by his mods but resources relevant to some popular outside use cases: Life support, Mars Direct, Exotic rocketry. Space Dust + Dust Bunnies can run in parallel with Rational Resources.

Note that converter and tank patches will not be provided here. Only resource placement and the related options for the scanners and harvesters. Use Rational Resources Parts and your favorite fuel switch mod for those.

You will find LqdAmmonia, LqdCO2, LqdDeuterium, LqdMethane, LqdNitrogen, Rock and Water (the added resources) in many interesting new places.

Let me know if I should switch out Oxidizer for LqdOxygen.

Supports:

• Stock
  • JNSQ

Support is planned for:

• OPM

No promises on an RR-alike template system happening. The resource placement nodes here have a higher granularity and complexity than stock ones.

DOWNLOAD :: GITHUB

License: MIT

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify, this adds functionality for additional resources other than what Space Dust already provides?  I'm trying to figure out what mods are best for utilizing ISRU in a new save game where Nertea's mods are central focus.  Will this enhance that?

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Silly me.  The way it was written was if there was a patch to fix the parts, which doesn’t make sense if the parts are in the mod.

Well, they *are* seperate mods.. SpaceDust and Dust Bunnies
I havent tried either yet, but I *think* SpaceDust offers the framework and some parts for harvesting resources... Dust Bunnies *places* those resources (plus additional modded resources, not specifically covered in SpaceDust), around the system....

So i thin  @Starhelperdude's  question is, do the parts in SpaceDust have patches, to include any resources in Dust Bunnies.
If patches *are* needed, i imagine they should be supported by @JadeOfMaar, in either Dust Bunnies, or Rational Resources?... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

55 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Well, they *are* seperate mods.. SpaceDust and Dust Bunnies
I havent tried either yet, but I *think* SpaceDust offers the framework and some parts for harvesting resources... Dust Bunnies *places* those resources (plus additional modded resources, not specifically covered in SpaceDust), around the system....

So i thin  @Starhelperdude's  question is, do the parts in SpaceDust have patches, to include any resources in Dust Bunnies.
If patches *are* needed, i imagine they should be supported by @JadeOfMaar, in either Dust Bunnies, or Rational Resources?... vOv

you are right!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, CDSlice said:

Just an FYI, apparently this mod is pretty broken with the current Space Dust release. 

The newer v0.3.3 release of SpaceDust seems to work ok with Bunnies installed. I say "seems" because I presume that Bunnies' configuration issues to which Nertea referred haven't been fixed, but SpaceDust itself was updated so that they don't outright break everything.

I've confirmed that scanners and telescopes work now with Bunnies installed (i.e. I can discover, identify, and display resource bands, and telescopes correctly animate). But I haven't figured out what the config errors are in Bunnies, or what (if any) gameplay impact they have. If I do I'll probably submit a PR to fix. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 11:11 AM, Apelsin said:

Hey @JadeOfMaar I was wondering what the current status with the work on OPM support is. Is it still in the pipeline?

I've forked this project for personal use and to make it work with a bunch of bodies in Galaxies Unbound and I made full OPM support too. Turns out a few people wanted it so I put it on spaceport. https://spacedock.info/mod/2970/SpaceDustUnbound

Very incompatible with SpaceDustBunnies so only use one (I bundle the SDB definitions with some tweaks anyway). You don't need GU installed to get the OPM definitions, but if I forgot something terrible you can easily just go into the folders and delete every system folder that isn't /Kerbol.

• 1 month later...

Hey @JadeOfMaar,

sorry, if I annoy you with this question, but is there an update planned or is this mod "paused/stopped"?

Because it would be great, if this bugs would be fixed... :sealed:

https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/SpaceDustBunnies/pull/1

https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/SpaceDustBunnies/issues/2

Again, sorry for bothering you with this.

Edited by N3N

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@N3N It's abandoned. Sorry.

Hey,

OK, thanks for your fast response.

But does that mean, that without this mod, Space Dust doesn't work right with JNSQ and so FFT doesn't play fine with JNSQ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.