unable to complete deliver ore from eve to duna mission

13 hours ago, fisban said:

i have mined 500 units of ore on eve but i am unable to transfer ore from one ship to another

As I understand contracts, this may not even help you. IIRC (hope someone can confirm) this kind of contract checks two conditions:

1. have mined the required amount of ore on Body #1
  2. have the same vessel on the surface of Body #2, and the required amount of ore on board

This means that the ore itself hardly matters, you can dump or use it, and refill it as often as you like... but you have to bring the "same" vessel to both places. "Same" in quotes because actually it's about the game-internal Vessel ID which can change if docking is involved.

2 hours ago, Laie said:

As I understand contracts, this may not even help you. IIRC (hope someone can confirm) this kind of contract checks two conditions:

1. have mined the required amount of ore on Body #1
  2. have the same vessel on the surface of Body #2, and the required amount of ore on board

This means that the ore itself hardly matters, you can dump or use it, and refill it as often as you like... but you have to bring the "same" vessel to both places. "Same" in quotes because actually it's about the game-internal Vessel ID which can change if docking is involved.

Actually there is no "same" (or even same), the conditions are:

1. Mine required amount of ore on Body1
  2. have the required amount of ore on Body2

One could get a contract to mine ore on Eve and bring it back on Kerbin, and expect it to be a logistical nightmare. However it's fine to let the miner stranded on Eve and just load the ore at KSC launchpad.

the missions is acquire 500 units of ore from eve

have 500 units of ore on your vessel

land your ore on Gilly (i know i said duna)

the question is how do i transfer ore from one tank to another. being the gravity on eve i would have to make a massive escape vessel just to leave the atmosphere of eve, and its hard enough with the landing leg issue to even get a vessel landed on eve.

10 hours ago, peteletroll said:

If nothing happens when you push the "in" or "out" button on the tanks' right click menu, you just found an ennoying bug in KSP 1.10. Try opening the right click menus, timewarp a little, and press "in" or "out".

there are no in and out buttons for ore tanks.

and yes i have tried all the known tricks for fuel transfers.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, fisban said:

there are no in and out buttons for ore tanks.

There should be. _Unless_ you have another part window open with no Ore in the part. Could you take a screenshot, maybe?

Spoiler

2Afg94k.jpeg

Opening the PAW of the probe core would hide the transfer buttons on the ore tanks-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.