What to do next?

I bought this game a few days ago, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

I'm playing in sandbox mode, so far I've:

• Been to the Mun and back
  • Been to Minmus and back
  • Been to Duna and back
  • Launched satellites around Kerbin and the mun (just for the fun of doing it, no real purpose, I have no idea what these satellites do)

I haven't yet built any rovers or spaceplanes. I was wondering what I should start doing, as I've seen talks of space stations and colonies on other planets. Was wondering when I should start doing these things and where I could learn (Explained for a noob!), or if I should continue trying to land on every planet and return.

Thanks

Well, you can either roleplay this game, and make up your own backstory, and then send your brave kerbals out to manifest their destiny --

or, if that sounds like too much work, you can start a career mode game to give yourself some random targets to shoot at.

But it mostly sounds like you've got the basic orbital mechanics of the game down pretty well. Rovers will be a small challenge for you. Airplanes will be a medium-sized challenge. Spaceplanes are a huge painful challenge. Flying kerbals around in orbit in their EVA suits is a medium-sized challenge -- especially flying distances of 10km+ between ships. Rendezvous between craft in fast eccentric orbits is a big mental challenge.

1 hour ago, bewing said:

Well, you can either roleplay this game, and make up your own backstory, and then send your brave kerbals out to manifest their destiny --

or, if that sounds like too much work, you can start a career mode game to give yourself some random targets to shoot at.

But it mostly sounds like you've got the basic orbital mechanics of the game down pretty well. Rovers will be a small challenge for you. Airplanes will be a medium-sized challenge. Spaceplanes are a huge painful challenge. Flying kerbals around in orbit in their EVA suits is a medium-sized challenge -- especially flying distances of 10km+ between ships. Rendezvous between craft in fast eccentric orbits is a big mental challenge.

Thank you! I think I will probably start playing career mode as soon as I've got a decent idea of how to build everything pretty well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.