[1.10.X] Capsule Corp. KKP - Kerbal Kolonization Program

Gabu

BNtsLVi.png

Release v0.8.1 (Alpha)

Kerbal Kolonization Program

D9LyFiO.png

Hey guys! I have been missing for some time and now I am bringing you something that I have been working on for some time.

First of all, I would like to thank @linuxgurugamer for making this plan that I have had for some time, finally possible.

These features were made for land build with KAS and KIS!

!! Attention !! 

First of all it is important to warn that this mod needs the LGG Mod (link) to work properly.

The purpose here is to make it less cheaty and bring a greater challenge so that you can build your bases or colonies. If you just want the standard animation, without the need to consume resources, go to your game folder and delete the "KKP_PatchAnim_Resources" folder

Bug fixes:
 - MoonVillage main module airlock
 - Some improvement on Moonv Village textures UV Map.

Download

Moon Village

SpTu32o.png

AvdziPk.png   0YOFSH5.png   Q2UWsnY.png

Inflatable and Shielded Planet Colony (  Hassel )

qRiPsHw.png

5qFTwSW.png    ilEPiEz.png 

a0uuDFQ.png   yx8xYiB.png

DunaHa ( MARSHA )

4gSLkv8.png

qeLtZzm.png   mh884vy.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Edited by Gabu
correction - bug fixes

Looks very nice and intriguing. Definitely gonna give it a try the next few days.

Just out of curiosity (as I haven't looked into the files yet), since it says "Shielded Planet Colony", does it support Kerbalism (shielded as in against radiation, possibly life support and living space and whatnot)?

14 hours ago, Gabu said:

Yeah! how do I do that ? :blush:

Yeah! how do I do that ? :blush:

It was done.  When you uploaded to Spacedock, you enabled the box to allow a CKAN entry.  The entry failed it's checks, I fixed it and got it in.   Just go into CKAN and type "capsul" in the search field

59 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It was done.  When you uploaded to Spacedock, you enabled the box to allow a CKAN entry.  The entry failed it's checks, I fixed it and got it in.   Just go into CKAN and type "capsul" in the search field

Ty man!!!

6 hours ago, Keithv708 said:

@Gabu this here https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN should get you  going. Hope this helps

Ty @Keithv708!

4 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

This is gold! Can't wait to try it out! Does the moon village have alternative colors now or is it indeed intended just for the moon?

Yeah, there are some alternatives modes!! Try it out, i think you'll like it.

@Gabu, can you enable the Uncover function for the MV HAB Cover?  I know dirt blowers don't work in reverse, but Jeb still has his hands and it's just...a pile.  I tried re-positioning a small, non-inflatable, base by putting wheels on it (retractable MKS Karibou wheels).  It drove pretty well, except for the fact that it looked like some kind of ghost turtle, taking the dirt along with it.   BTW, the ghost turtle doesn't swim - it likes to leap out of the water....:lol:  I suppose the alternative is disassembling (exploding) the part and adding another via KIS/KAS, but scooping the rubble back into the ore tanks doesn't seem infeasible for that concept.

Also, I noted the Duna texture for the MV HAB Cover seems to wrap around and a dark section meets the lighter parts with a very noticeable seam line.  Just a cosmetic nitpick, not a showstopper.

I'm still trying out the other habs, but FYI, I think I found a game loading conflict between ModuleAnimGenericResourceUsage and MechJeb.  Details are on LGG's site for the MAGRU addon.

Thanks again for not letting this idea fall through the cracks.

13 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

@Gabu, can you enable the Uncover function for the MV HAB Cover?  I know dirt blowers don't work in reverse, but Jeb still has his hands and it's just...a pile.  I tried re-positioning a small, non-inflatable, base by putting wheels on it (retractable MKS Karibou wheels).  It drove pretty well, except for the fact that it looked like some kind of ghost turtle, taking the dirt along with it.   BTW, the ghost turtle doesn't swim - it likes to leap out of the water....:lol:  I suppose the alternative is disassembling (exploding) the part and adding another via KIS/KAS, but scooping the rubble back into the ore tanks doesn't seem infeasible for that concept.

Also, I noted the Duna texture for the MV HAB Cover seems to wrap around and a dark section meets the lighter parts with a very noticeable seam line.  Just a cosmetic nitpick, not a showstopper.

I'm still trying out the other habs, but FYI, I think I found a game loading conflict between ModuleAnimGenericResourceUsage and MechJeb.  Details are on LGG's site for the MAGRU addon.

Thanks again for not letting this idea fall through the cracks.

Hi @KSPrynk!  Good to know you'r enjoiyng the mod!

The Uncover option exists but to play it you need the same amount of resources to cover. Yeah, I know its not good but for now it works that way... I'm thinking in a way to make it better, Ill let you know when I got something.

About the textures I was fixing a bug on the airlock of the MoonVillage and I read your post just on time to fix it too. I made some improvement, plz, let me know if its better now!

Ty for your support!

Gabu

On 11/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, Gabu said:

Hi @KSPrynk!  Good to know you'r enjoiyng the mod!

The Uncover option exists but to play it you need the same amount of resources to cover. Yeah, I know its not good but for now it works that way... I'm thinking in a way to make it better, Ill let you know when I got something.

About the textures I was fixing a bug on the airlock of the MoonVillage and I read your post just on time to fix it too. I made some improvement, plz, let me know if its better now!

Ty for your support!

Gabu

OK, spending ore to remove ore isn't a big deal, I just never would've thought to look for that to make it work.   The note "Amt Needed To End: 300" was not intuitive.  I recommend adding clarification to the description box, in or after the comment on 300 Ore needed to build.

New Duna texture on the MV HAB cover looks fine.

Could there be a "preview" function that shows what will happen if the cover is activated, with maybe a transparent overlay (similar to VAB part placement, before attaching)?  I haven't tried out a KIS/KAS attachment to see if it just previews placement of the box with the dirt cover machinery, or the fully deployed cover.

FYI, LGG seems to have identified my problem with MAGRU (endless loop stalling loading) with at least a workaround, while he consults MJ team.

Yep... ill look for some way to improve it...

On 11/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, KSPrynk said:

OK, spending ore to remove ore isn't a big deal, I just never would've thought to look for that to make it work.   The note "Amt Needed To End: 300" was not intuitive.  I recommend adding clarification to the description box, in or after the comment on 300 Ore needed to build.

Great! Minmus Texture will be the next one....

New Duna texture on the MV HAB cover looks fine.

No.

Could there be a "preview" function that shows what will happen if the cover is activated, with maybe a transparent overlay (similar to VAB part placement, before attaching)?  I haven't tried out a KIS/KAS attachment to see if it just previews placement of the box with the dirt cover machinery, or the fully deployed cover.

Great! 

FYI, LGG seems to have identified my problem with MAGRU (endless loop stalling loading) with at least a workaround, while he consults MJ team.

20 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Are you creating your own textures or do you somehow take it from the environment? Some planet packs have quite different colors...

1st option.

If you know some way to get from enviroment, plz let me know, it whould be great!

• 3 weeks later...

@Gabu I'm very happy you included the MMSEV again :-) But how do I power it? It looks like it has (deployable?) solar panels, but they don't work. Looking at the config file, the module is commented out. Is there a problem with the panels?

Also, it would be nice to have an attachment point inside the cargo bay, so I can put a small container there (KIS SC-62 container fits nicely :))

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.