[1.10.X] Capsule Corp. KKP - Kerbal Kolonization Program

Gabu

12 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

I don't know how to uncover the dirt for Moon Village (MV HAB) .....do i need some ore to remove it?? 

Yep.

Still working on it...

Sorry guys but I´ll update only on 1.12 release... Working hours are a nightmare latelly...

On 3/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, TheSaintJiub said:

This mod would be amazing if there was a version of the Moon Village without a walkable interior

I´ll tale it in consideration for the next release... thank you for the feedback.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, ninthninja05 said:

I love this mod! Its really fun and simple to use, and has a decent amount of parts. One question I have is how do you prevent the printed regolith structures from starting as soon as they spawn?

This is a bug from latest KSP version... I´ll work on it soon. Until then, the mod only work properly on 1.10.XX.

nevermind, it works again for 1.11.2 ( i will test further)

And Altair Lander pod is missing in the mod...without Altair landerpod, how do I suppose to land the undeployed moon/Duna village pod on the moons or Planets? 

I may have to download Duna Basrs Camp just to get the  Altair Lander pod (which is too huge, 105 MB just for the lander) 

while the Moon village is only 73 MB

Update: it doesn't work and i attempted to cover it using an engineer...looks like a bug for 1.11.2

Edited by kennyc222

• 10 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 1:23 AM, Gabu said:

Still working on it...

Sorry guys but I´ll update only on 1.12 release... Working hours are a nightmare latelly...

I´ll tale it in consideration for the next release... thank you for the feedback.

This is a bug from latest KSP version... I´ll work on it soon. Until then, the mod only work properly on 1.10.XX.

Hey @Gabu,

nice mod! :wink:

Is there a chance for a KSP 1.12 version and with Kerbalism compatibility?

And do you need help with it?

• 2 weeks later...

Been messing with in in 1.12. A few issues I observe.

1. I agree that the Moon Village while really cool to walk around would probably be more useful with "Board" as an option from the outside.

2. I noticed the lack of solar on the MMSEV as well.

3. On the subject of the MMSEV, I'm honestly unsure what the one node on the top front is for, and wheel placement so that it can actually dock with the Dunaha (which is a gorgeous part, nice work!) is non-trivial. In general the rover seems slightly too tall putting the wheels where they seem to go.

4. In my experiment I added inventory to the MMSEV to start, and I also added:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoPart
		packedVolume = -1		
	}

to the inflatables so I could manipulate them with an engineer. Adding real mass/volume would be more definitive (I can work on this some and post reasonable values). I was planning on doing the same for the regolith covers, though getting those to line up is probably non-trivial as well.

5. The inflatables move if I touch them even deployed. I ended up sticking them to a stock ground anchor (works!). The trick there is that building a group would be really hard.

6. Also, there is no way to enter them, they lack functional hatches?

In short, this mostly works with a most issues that are cfg fixes, and maybe some that are more complex—and it looks really, really cool. What I want to do with the KKP CC parts (since they are compact boxes) is to make a storage container to hold them. Each fits inside a stock 1.87m prop tank (the FL-TX900) as a reality check. A 5m fairing can fit 5 of them in a + shape, flat. The idea would be that to build a base it's cool to not have to design a contraption, but a nice cargo lander, then the engineers can assemble the base—I added a hinge to the MMSEV grabber and I can lift stuff with it and move it around, pretty cool.

Works. Actually, snap to nodes works.

D7DZqNY.png

ctkyBwf.png

I used to always use KIS/KAS, and it has a lot that stock does not have, but I hate the idea of having to juggle 2 different inventory/etc systems, so I'm happy to fudge some stuff to allow EVA assembly.

Edited by tater

A work around on the airlocks will likely be to attach an small airlock from the station expansion mod on (same cfg hack). Only need the one ground plate, the rest attach to each other.

The lander in the images above can hold 3 folded hab units under it (sort of like the initial concept for cargo on SpaceX Starship in the engine bay). That existing lander is slightly too low, I need to slide the legs down a little so the folded pods can clear (the game doesn't care, but I do ;) ).

Any real base I'd land a cargo ship and a rover, so fudging the EVA is fine by me, as there will be heavy eqp around (my own role playing). In short, this still sorta works. Work around for MMSEV was to throw a couple RTGs in the back :D

Threw together a cargo lander. The real trick is the inflatables stick witht he plate screwed in, but the ones attached are a little wobbly. More testing later.

hVmR97n.png

5m part can hold 5 of the smaller parts (hub, 4 habs).

Edited by tater

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.