Lets Gather Support To Get Black Holes, Neutron Stars, Planetary Nebulas, And Dwarf Stars In The Game!

Do You Want Black Holes And Neutron Stars In KSP2?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Black Holes And Neutron Stars In KSP2?

2. 2. Will Black Holes and Neutron Stars be a Game Changer for KSP2?

3. 3. Would You Want Me To Gather Support?

Hi its me DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE and i think we need black holes and Neutron Stars in KSP2. the problem is, we do not know if there will be Black Holes in KSP2 or not... So that's why we need your help! to support this addition to KSP2 so we can have an even better gameplay. All you have to do is either say that you agree to this or vote in the Poll above... i kinda recommend that you use the poll instead because it is MUCH and i mean MUCH easier to gather up the data and support than having to look through10 whole pages full of people who agree or disagree (although i highly doubt this Thread will EVER reach 10 pages) Anyways, feel free to drop in whenever ya want to... and make sure to use the poll so we can gather support. :)

If Black Holes and Neutron Stars are to be in the game the Devs have most likely already decided.

Edited by Guest
corrected debs to devs

2 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

If Black Holes and Neutron Stars are to be in the game the Debs have most likely already decided.

Honestly, I hope so. Thinking that if things are on track until Fall 2021, we are less than 1 year away.  And if they haven't decided yet, they better pick up the pace as well. but of course, Covid-19 will be the culprit of yet another delay (like everything else Covid-19 wrecks in its way) and the developers will have more time to decide. The real question is? 

How will Black Holes react in a Regular KSP physics engine?

Or better yet?

What will happen in KSP2 if your vessel enters a black hole or passes the event horizon?

As above ^^  I think that starship has already left orbit. 

Nothing wrong with suggesting, or asking, but I would guess that decision  was finalised a while ago.  If they are in great, if not, never mind.  

28 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Or better yet?

What will happen in KSP2 if your vessel enters a black hole or passes the event horizon?

We already kinda talked about this a few months back here if you want to see

Im pretty sure black holes will be added in ksp 2, if not during the release then most likely as an update later on.

Black holes will be very useful for interstellar gravity assists so it would make sense to add them into the game.

8 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I want my brown dwarfs and planetary nebulae

Hey that's another great idea! I should probably change the name of this Forum to match that. Anyways, Mc waffles whats your favorite nebula?

Hint: mine is... uhhhh... right now i dont really have a favorite cause THEY ALL look nice!

17 hours ago, NutellaSandwich said:

Actually, even if they have decided to not put it in at release, it actually might happen in a latter update.

Highly doubt it will come in an update nor a DLC. it either is gonna come out on KSP2 or not. a black hole affects the game WAY, WAY too much to be put in a little update.

17 hours ago, Kosmix1 said:

Im pretty sure black holes will be added in ksp 2, if not during the release then most likely as an update later on.

Black holes will be very useful for interstellar gravity assists so it would make sense to add them into the game.

Just be careful where you aim the trajectory. Cause once you enter a black hole's event horizon, its almost impossible to fight its gravitational pull. only ships that can travel faster than the speed of light can fight this pull and even if they did, they would probably get ripped apart due to G forces from the intense slingshot but in KSP your Kerbal's can withstand 600 G forces while drinking apple juice and smiling at the same time so I'm not too worried.

20 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

We already kinda talked about this a few months back here if you want to see

Well, true but this is to GATHER SUPPORT (a.k.a kinda a peaceful rally/ peaceful protest to get this into the game meaning that this is a topic of action not of discussion but you can still discuss things with other forum members in this topic if you want to.

21 hours ago, pandaman said:

As above ^^  I think that starship has already left orbit. 

Nothing wrong with suggesting, or asking, but I would guess that decision  was finalised a while ago.  If they are in great, if not, never mind.  

If you are talking about Space X's Starship, i think they are doing a phenomenal job with the way they are handling Starship development with COVID-19 around. However, i find it hard for there to be an orbital flight in 2020 unless SN9 or SN10 is the orbital flight. Also, they really need to pick up the pace with the Super Heavy booster. And i just realized that you mean't starship as the previous forum on black holes so im sorry if i got carried away with the Starship development.... :D

20 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

We've had so many threads about Black holes that its almost replaced Metallic Hydrogen.

Really??? Wow! im suprised cause i've only found One topic for it... but i trust your word.

36 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Well, true but this is to GATHER SUPPORT (a.k.a kinda a peaceful rally/ peaceful protest to get this into the game meaning that this is a topic of action not of discussion but you can still discuss things with other forum members in this topic if you want to.

This is what I linked you for

22 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

You where asking about these and I was saying we talked about that a while back

51 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Highly doubt it will come in an update nor a DLC. it either is gonna come out on KSP2 or not. a black hole affects the game WAY, WAY too much to be put in a little update.

Well, what if it isn't a little update. What if it was a major update that would come, I mean I also highly doubt it, but I'm just suggesting the possibility.

46 minutes ago, NutellaSandwich said:

Well, what if it isn't a little update. What if it was a major update that would come, I mean I also highly doubt it, but I'm just suggesting the possibility.

what i mean by "little update" is not its size but rather comparing it to having an entire monstrous existence in the center of the Kerbal Galaxy. the only thing i know was added as a planetary object in KSP by update was i think Eeloo but a black hole will almost definetely not appear in an update. its probably gonna either be a black hole or no black hole for KSP2. Also, Working Black hole physics into an update is very difficult, complex, time consuming, and its way better to include it in the release instead of being lazy and waiting for an update. Maybe Interstellar gas clouds could appear in an update but not black holes. I also hope there can be Neutron Stars. Oooohhh those will be super interesting...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 6:02 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:
  Hide contents

1024px-The_Twin_Jet_Nebula.jpg

Hide contents

M2-9motivo_corradi.gif

Twin jet nebula (M2-9)

Hope 1 day I have a telescope capable of resolving it

OMG! that is SO BEAUTIFUL! Good Lord imagine if KSP2 had those nebulas. That would be Badass times 10 and look so cool. My goodness, IM OUT OF BREATH LOL. Nice picture btw. i can see why you like it so much and this should definitely be in the game.