Any recently-updated *non-video* tutorials for the importing-the-model part of KSP modding out there?

Rather self-explanatory: are there any tutorials for how to prepare & import a 3d model into KSP as a new part, that aren't video tutorials, and aren't critically outdated?

I have some 3d modelling skills (going to be having to relearn Blender with the 2.8x UI changes, but that's a different topic), and I'm wanting to know how to take a 3d model I've made, add the various... transforms I think they're called? (the things that mark locations of engine flames, thrust direction, etc), and get that to be a functioning part in KSP. However, the last time I used a tutorial, the part basically just didn't work.

Edited by Starseeker

I've been attempting to put together brief descriptions/instructions for making the various parts as I figure them out. Not a tutorial but does contain info on what transforms/colliders/etc. are needed. Contains a Blender project, The Unity project, the game folder with mu and cfg file and some notes.

Been awhile since I've installed Unity - don't think I've forgotten any steps but...

download Unity 2019.2.2f1

Install parttools - note: some people are having problems with only a few 1.10.X shaders showing up - I'm using 1.9.1 parttools until it gets fixed (or 1.11 comes out). After downloading it unzip and drop the unzipped folder into the Unity assets folder - import everything. There are some instructions on swapping out TextMeshPro but I just delete it as I'm not using it.

To get the model into Unity you can drag and drop a dae or fbx file into the assets folder - or just drop a Blender file in.

In Unity create a GameObject for the root of your part and drag and drop the model asset onto this (dae files have a 90 degree rotation - I zero this out). Add Parttools to this root part - select the root part and the inspector will have a "Add component" button - click that , select KSP and the top item is Part Tools. The first time you do this in a Unity project you select a directory to write the .mu file to.

When your part is setup click the "Write" button in the inspector (when the root is selected).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.