Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

INB4 all the impatient people.

KSP1 took 4 years to reach a "1.0" state, and that was before stuff like CommNet, etc was added in the post-launch content updates, which are still going on today. KSP2 may have a larger team and more cash behind it, but the feature scope is a hell of a lot wider, and they'll  be expected to include all the features of KSP1 even before all the new stuff, and they can't really use any pre-existing assests because its a complete rewrite, etc etc etc

Have patience. We'll get there eventually.

NOOO!

I understand their reasoning and totally get it. I am just really upset by it. 

Take your time Nate and the rest of Intercept. We will wait patiently for the release.

I knew this would happen.

Also what was up with the weird characters in the message:

58 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

we're

3 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Character encoding. May differ from areas and browser settings, although this shouldn't usually happen. It's probably due to a copy-pasting from a text encoded in a different charset.

8 minutes ago, Cyne said:

I'm pretty sure Take Two has nothing to do with this, just how ambitious the game is

It's a big project and a lot to live up to, yes. I'm now of the opinion that they should have never announced a release date in the first place.

I'm actually pretty happy that they are able to push back the release of the game this far. In my opinion this is also another big argument against the big publisher = bad argument.

If Take Two actually were as bad as they are often depicted to be, we would almost certainly already seen the game released, or it would at the very least not have been pushed back again.

I mostly lurk in the forums and subreddits but I feel I need to write one small post.  I've been playing KSP since 0.25 and I love the game.  I've watched KSP and over time it defined how early access should be handled.  It is where it is today largely due to community and MOD support that was embraced by the developers.  That success has not gone unnoticed.  If you look you'll see it replicated by other developers.  The quality of games like Subnautica and the current EA Satisfactory have all benefited from the input of their community.

Yes, there is controversy and history surrounding the ownership and some people associated with this game.  It is palpable.  Despite that I would say an EA release of KSP 2.0 would not go unappreciated.   I think the development team and new owners should embrace the community.  We still love this game and I feel that KSP 2.0 could only benefit from community engagement during its development.  Please consider that we've been through this meat grinder before.  The KSP community, while vocal, still loves the Kraken that is a beta KSP release.  You can only benefit by taking us along for the ride.

With KSP 1 still in development and lots of nice things still to come, I see no problem with this. Nate also said that time limits what they can do re: desirable features, so it looks like we will get something even better than imagined. 

Two threads of the metastable metallic hydrogen holy war made the developers improve the Kerbal Universe to allow its existence.

But will Starship and Artemis projects be in turn delayed irl until the new release date of KSP-2 ?

Edited by kerbiloid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;.;;.;;.;. I guess sometime you just gotta be a man and take the news. i feel bad for both the fans of KSP and the developers who have to post these news. But you know what devs, take as much time as you WANT to make this game perfect! its better to have an outstanding game coming out in 2022 than a trashy game coming out on 2021. Don't worry devs, we are rooting for you!

@Nate Simpson is this spring 2022? Summer 2022? Autumn 2022? or winter 2022?

For all of y'all who need some tissues here have some:

Also here is a video from ShadowZone about the KSP2 2022 delay:

2a44c91bf5c6e07cff801af25c2e3952.jpg&usq

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

11 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Two threads of the metastable metallic hydrogen holy war made the developers improve the Kerbal Universe to allow its existence.

I feel like the KSP community should make a dank meme on the metallic hydrogen topics. if you ask me, these topics are spontaneous and there are WAY too many.

1 hour ago, Kerminator1000 said:

we're

The Kraken is crying with encoded tears... :/

7 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

I feel like the KSP community should make a dank meme on the metallic hydrogen topics. if you ask me, these topics are spontaneous and there are WAY too many.

Already done:

(also, there's only one metallic hydrogen thread, but it's huge and full of arguments)

Take the time, do it right. Just... maybe keep us more in the loop about how it's going?

40 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Mobile with microtransactions.

Gonna maroon you on Eeloo.