Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

Private Division must really believe in this, to give them another year's budget for development.

Godspeed you maniacs. I hope this is for adding greatness rather than untangling tangles, which would be unfortunate this far from release.

Drat!

In all honesty, it’s ok. It sucks, yeah, but it’s alright. Darn you, 2020! Even though we’re on the final stretch...it’s still got surprises left.

Anywho....hope the team stays safe out there! Keep up the great work, we cannot wait to see the final product. Take care!

Cheers-

Lewie

*one final note...if y’all need a play-tester, just call up Lewie ;)*

Edited by Lewie

I can't purchase the game if it comes out in 2023 so I am getting nervous for sure. It's a bummer, but we will look back at this in the next few years and chuckle. 

Until then I hope we can see some kind of Beta or Player testing edition come out.

Also, I would love to be a player tester, just DM me (and yes I promise to not reveal anything ;) .)

My suggestion to get rid of the bad taste

-Ramp up updates (people are losing hype)

-Do something not expected (Black Hole, Neutron star,)

-Release a beta or tester version. Or send a pre-alpha copy to youtubers (brings back up hype)

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:
3 hours ago, ChrisSpace said:

KSP didn't come out as a finished product, so I don't see why KSP2 has to

We should be encouraging developers to finish their games before expecting us to spend £60 on it.

Clearly you didn't get to watch KSP grow when it was still in early access. Did you?

Me on the surface: Yeah guys! Spend all the time you need, me and everyone else understand that making a game is hard. We definitely don't want a rushed game over a good game.

Me in my head: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *angery noises*

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Great news, as long as you ditch the old consoles as well and can make the game based on the new hardware only. 

if it's based on new hardware only, that leaves a lot of people who can't afford killer game specs behind

Honestly, the 2022 date means they are most likely gonna do Xbox series X and PS5

Meh.  I've lived in the shadow of a NASA center for most of my life.

I'm used to space programs getting delayed.

Thanks for letting us know, and take the time you need to get it done well.

15 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

if it's based on new hardware only, that leaves a lot of people who can't afford killer game specs behind

Honestly, the 2022 date means they are most likely gonna do Xbox series X and PS5

Yes, those consoles are new hardware. 

Make it amazing. Take your time.

Anyone seen the statistics in the anniversary video about how many players are still playing KSP this year?

450000 players after 5 years....

Its insane how much T2 will make if they get KSP2 right. Look at a lot of other single player games, they get released and then the devs start on a new game or you don't hear of them again. Squad have been making enough money to make ends meet since 1.0 came out. Thats a miracle in its own right.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:
1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

Great news, as long as you ditch the old consoles as well and can make the game based on the new hardware only. 

KSP 2 is going to run better than KSP 1 as it has been optimized for newer (but not necessarily killer) hardware. If it does run only on killer hardware, that's too bad, games can't be dragged behind for users with older tech.

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

My suggestion to get rid of the bad taste

-Ramp up updates (people are losing hype)

-Do something not expected (Black Hole, Neutron star,)

-Release a beta or tester version. Or send a pre-alpha copy to youtubers (brings back up hype)

I agree with most of this...not sure about more updates though. There’s a ton of the game that is being kept a surprise...after all, if we learn too much about it, that could also be a hype killer. It’s all about finding the balance. Less  updates mean that they are more valued by the community, y’know?

Now....I would pay full price for a test version! (I’m sure that the devs test play it themselves BUT.....)

4 minutes ago, Lewie said:

I agree with most of this...not sure about more updates though. There’s a ton of the game that is being kept a surprise...after all, if we learn too much about it, that could also be a hype killer. It’s all about finding the balance. Less  updates mean that they are more valued by the community, y’know?

Now....I would pay full price for a test version! (I’m sure that the devs test play it themselves BUT.....)

Of course they don't want to put bombshell spoilers but things like what they have been showing is already getting people hyped

same. It's always a good idea to give it out to test players though especially since devs might know something in the game but a new player might not and a better explanation should be put in.

Edited by Guest
grammer correction

Just now, Kosmix1 said:

Remember that The legend of zelda botw was delayed for almost 3 years and it turned out to be a masterpiece.

So just be optimistic about ksp 2!

yes that is what I am thinking