Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

1 minute ago, Probro said:

i still gave money to take two so his argument is invalid

You aren't clear.  First, you didn't "give" money to Take-2, you exchanged money for specified merchandise; either physical goods, a license or both.

Second, who's argument are you referring to?

11 minutes ago, Probro said:

Yes.

You paid for KSP1, even if you bought it after 2017. Development teams don't "owe" you anything. If the devs did something like a kickstarter back at E3 and asked for everyone to chip in the cost of the game to get it done by 2020, it would be pretty egregious to delay it a couple years.

But this is a privately funded enterprise (that you haven't payed for directly), and so I see no reason to demand the game be released. A little miffed? Maybe. Frustrated that KSP1 is all you've got for now? Definitely. But there's no reason to be mad at the dev team, they simply expanded scope (a lot...) and are bringing KSP up to modern graphics, gameplay, and physics standards.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

57 minutes ago, razark said:

You bought KSP.  You are entitled to KSP.  You bought merchandise.  You are entitled to merchandise.

But you have not bought KSP2, therefore you are not entitled to KSP2.  Take Two is not under any obligation to release KSP2 on a certain date, nor are they obliged to ever release it.  They could simply cancel the project, and you would be entitled to absolutely no recourse.

i never said anyting about take two being OBLIGED to release ksp2 but when they spend thier time making a epic trailer and being featured on gamescom 2019 along with the top AAA games only then to destroy star theory and then delay the game 3 years i have every right to be furious at take two, i know theres nothing i can do about it but the thing is theres nothing stopping me from calling out take two, ive made a thread explaining on why i dont trust take two making ksp2 and my opinion still stands today, I bet that once ksp2 finally releases, ksp1 will have nearly as much features as ksp2 and at the exact same polish and i wouldnt be missing out on much

1 minute ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

You paid for KSP1, if you bought it after 2017. Development teams don't "owe" you anything. If the devs did something like a kickstarter back at E3 and asked for everyone to chip in the cost of the game to get it done by 2020, it would be pretty egregious to delay it a couple years.

But this is a privately funded enterprise (that you haven't payed for directly), and so I see no reason to demand the game be released. A little miffed? Maybe. Frustrated that KSP1 is all you've got for now? Definitely. But there's no reason to be mad at the dev team, they simply expanded scope (a lot...) and are bringing KSP up to modern graphics, gameplay, and physics standards.

i bought ksp in 2017 for my old pc which broke and 2020 for my new computer so yeah i have given take two at least £100 not including the merchandise

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You aren't clear.  First, you didn't "give" money to Take-2, you exchanged money for specified merchandise; either physical goods, a license or both.

Second, who's argument are you referring to?

razark

8 minutes ago, Probro said:

<snip> given take two at least £100 not including the merchandise

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

You have exchanged 100 pounds for two downloads of Kerbal Space Program with Take-Two Interactive through Squad.

You have exchanged more money for physical merchandise with Take-Two Interactive through Squad.

From my (decidedly-not-a-lawyer) perspective, Take-Two and Squad have no obligations to you, and you have no obligations to them, now that the transaction is complete. In fact, they're being extra-nice by providing free updates, which they don't have to do.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron
*perspective

4 minutes ago, Probro said:

bought ksp in 2017 for my old pc which broke and 2020 for my new computer so yeah i have given take two at least £100 not including the merchandise

So you bought it in 2017.  At that time you exchanged somewhere between 30 and 60 pounds and received a license in return.  A fair trade.

Then, in 2020, you again bought another license.  one could question why you had to buy another, since if you bought it on Steam you just have to reinstall, as nd if you bought it off of the website you could just download it again.   Forgetting the reason why. When you sent them money in 2020, you received ANOTHER license.  Agsin, a fair trade.

Given these facts, you haven't "given" Take-2 anything, you participated in an exchange of valuables, money from you and a license from Take-2

1 minute ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

You have exchanged 100 pounds for two downloads of Kerbal Space Program with Take-Two Interactive through Squad.

You have exchanged more money for physical merchandise with Take-Two Interactive through Squad.

From my (decidedly-not-a-lawyer) prospective, Take-Two and Squad have no obligations to you, and you have no obligations to them, now that the transaction is complete. In fact, they're being extra-nice by providing free updates, which they don't have to do.

lets just get to the point, im not going to be more verbose the more i argue but im going to say this one FINAL time

i bought ksp...twice and if i did then the money goes to take two, i never said that they are obliged to give me ksp2 but i have every right to be mad at take two for delaying ksp2

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So you bought it in 2017.  At that time you exchanged somewhere between 30 and 60 pounds and received a license in return.  A fair trade.

Then, in 2020, you again bought another license.  one could question why you had to buy another, since if you bought it on Steam you just have to reinstall, as nd if you bought it off of the website you could just download it again.   Forgetting the reason why. When you sent them money in 2020, you received ANOTHER license.  Agsin, a fair trade.

Given these facts, you haven't "given" Take-2 anything, you participated in an exchange of valuables, money from you and a license from Take-2

i gave them money end of.

lets just get to the point, im not going to be more verbose the more i argue but im going to say this one FINAL time

i bought ksp...twice and if i did then the money goes to take two, i never said that they are obliged to give me ksp2 but i have every right to be mad at take two for delaying ksp2

Be mad all you want. Heck, I'm annoyed myself.

But demanding a release won't make T2 hurry up or anything, they have no obligation to you or anyone else who bought the game.

@Probro It's awesome you paid for KSP twice and supported Squad with your money. But what does that have to do with Intercept studios? (Squad made and is still supporting KSP1, Intercept is making KSP2.) The line of your argument is like yelling at Opel because you can't get a Buick just because they are both General Motors brands. Squad and Intercept are different entities even though they owned by the same parent company. You supported Squad with your purchase of KSP1 and Private Division with the purchase of collectables. The goods that you paid for have been tendered, they owe you nothing else. You got what you paid for.

Yes it's disappointing that KSP2 got pushed back again, but it's nothing to get irate about in the grand scheme. I can think of better ways to use that energy.

51 minutes ago, Probro said:

i bought ksp in 2017 for my old pc which broke and 2020 for my new computer so yeah i have given take two at least £100 not including the merchandise

You could buy 1000 copies of KSP and you still wouldn't be any more entitled to KSP2, no matter which company any of that KSP money went to. At the moment, KSP2 is some public news that uninvolved people such as us can share some joy in, but nothing more as far as those outwith the companies involved are concerned. Buying KSP or random merch is not an investment, but a purchase—it starts and ends there, as far as the products you're entitled to are concerned.

1 hour ago, dprostock said:

Elite? No, just reality. These simulators/games fall into a well-determined age range

Simulators are just a game genre like others, the age range has little to do with the "seriousness" of the genre, more often than not it's just a matter of preferences between generations.

1 hour ago, Probro said:

I bet that once ksp2 finally releases, ksp1 will have nearly as much features as ksp2 and at the exact same polish and i wouldnt be missing out on much

The main feature of KSP2 is the rewrite of the game, the rest of the big features (Colonies, Interstellar travel, extraplanetary launchpads, multiplayer) are just enabled by that rewrite.

But even ignoring that, sure, I'm pretty sure Private Division will teach a lesson to Private Division and ask to Squad to turn KSP1 into a better game than KSP2 to make KSP2 flop and Private Division lose all the money spent in making the game.

18 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Simulators are just a game genre like others, the age range has little to do with the "seriousness" of the genre, more often than not it's just a matter of preferences between generations.

There are no serious games/simulators and others are not. Just some work with certain grades of age and others don't, certain work with one level of education and others with another level of education. It is seen in marketing when product impact studies are performed. 
Some will have "fanatics." Others will be critical of the product and others will be advocates for anything offered to them.

1 hour ago, TeddyBearBonfire said:

You could buy 1000 copies of KSP and you still wouldn't be any more entitled to KSP2, no matter which company any of that KSP money went to. At the moment, KSP2 is some public news that uninvolved people such as us can share some joy in, but nothing more as far as those outwith the companies involved are concerned. Buying KSP or random merch is not an investment, but a purchase—it starts and ends there, as far as the products you're entitled to are concerned.

ksp2 will never release

ksp2 will never release

ok it will but cmon man i cant wait 3 years for something to come out but what choise do i have?

Just now, DunaManiac said:

Hmmm....

Where did you get that information?

im just angry ok?

12 minutes ago, Probro said:

ok it will but cmon man i cant wait 3 years for something to come out but what choise do i have?

im just angry ok?

Ok, I'm pretty miffed myself. But I'm not baselessly calling it vaporware.

On the bright side, at least the game wasn't rushed and released too fast. Then everyone would be saying they should have delayed it.

12 minutes ago, Probro said:

im just angry ok?

Almost everyone is, or at least annoyed. But no-one is complaining about it and it won't get KSP2 released faster.

Edited by DunaManiac

45 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

it would be nice if you could release a beta version when it was originally going to be released even if it is unstable and doesn't have all the features. 

That doesn't usually end well. Few useful bug reports, furious players, and being review bombed because it's incomplete and buggy.

38 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

That doesn't usually end well. Few useful bug reports, furious players, and being review bombed because it's incomplete and buggy.

Also end of any save-breaking improvement or optimization on the core of the game.

2 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

still would be nice to try the new features a year earlier 

With respect.  This is exactly why I think early release/beta is a bad idea.

Too many want just want to 'play it now'.  And the devs would be forced to use time and resources to support and maintain a product that is just not ready.