Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

• 2 weeks later...

Duke Nukem Forever has long been the best game of the millennium with 15 years of development. Beyond Good & Evil 2 will probably displace it from the first position, as it has been in development for 13 years, and the release date is still unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

1 more year to go! and dont delay it again! BTW will it be on MacOS and Linux like KSP 1?

i mean DELAY IT AGAIN SO THE MEGATHREAD WILL REACH THE GOAL!!!!!!!!

Edited by JB182

6 hours ago, Dientus said:

Second half of 2022 ...

Well what can you do? Hopefully no more unsuspecting Rona Zombie Apocalypse will happen. Or any huge solar flare events.

TBJ6YGL.png

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Hold your rockets, where did you get that "second half" and why people are believing a word coming from someone who's not a dev?

Of course Im not asking to be believed. This is the internet. However i will cite my resource for info here...

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-2-release-date-multiplayer-everything-we-know/

Edited by Dientus
Apologies for not posting it sooner

5 hours ago, Dientus said:

Of course Im not asking to be believed. This is the internet. However i will cite my resource for info here...

They didn't put a source to the article that, for the most part, seems to be written by some random guy who occasionally lurks here and not a direct interview.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

They didn't put a source to the article that, for the most part, seems to be written by some random guy who occasionally lurks here and not a direct interview.

Very plausible.. the fellow who wrote it has credentials..

https://www.pcgamer.com/author/phil-savage/

However, as you point out he doesn't cite his sources for information. This freedom of the press leads to publications like The Enquirer being completely legal, even though the information is misleading.

The smart person takes writing for what it is and not at face value. It could come out January of 2022 December of 2022 or Juvember of 2145. Based on my knowledge, when I read it and how it was written, it seemed very plausible that was a likely release time period. Thats where my money is.

But alas, in the end you are right. I am not a dev so I do not know.

1 minute ago, Dientus said:

However, as you point out he doesn't cite his sources for information. This freedom of the press leads to publications like The Enquirer being completely legal, even though the information is misleading.

The smart person takes writing for what it is and not at face value. It could come out January of 2022 December of 2022 or Juvember of 2145. Based on my knowledge, when I read it and how it was written, it seemed very plausible that was a likely release time period. Thats where my money is.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

I would assume the devs were part of this. I do not believe the shots in that article were stolen.

I will acknowledge the possibility some of it is "irrelevant" now because of how early on in the development thise photos were from.

Just now, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I would assume the devs were part of this. I do not believe the shots in that article were stolen.

I understand, and my belief is there as well. However Master39 does have a point. Without an official source, you have to be careful with believing it wholeheartedly.

2 minutes ago, Dientus said:

I understand, and my belief is there as well. However Master39 does have a point. Without an official source, you have to be careful with believing it wholeheartedly.

I guess so, I do not want to put words in his mouth, but if he wants to know if it is reliable maybe tag a dev. Just a friendly suggestion (: 

Edited by PlutoISaPlanet
Spelling

2 hours ago, Dientus said:

2 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I will acknowledge the possibility some of it is "irrelevant" now because of how early on in the development thise photos were from.

The last official information we had about the release was: Fiscal Year 2023, that means between March 2022 and March 2023.

It wouldn't be the first time that that bit of information gets reported in creative ways, as for this article the rule is the same for every other one: if it doesn't have a source it's not a valid source, the gaming press deserves no trust whatsoever.

Edited by Master39

1 hour ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

There are only two pictures there and both are super old.

I follow few games now, and with the sheer amount of rumors in the industry, I do not trust a single word that is not coming from someone related to production.