Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

1 hour ago, Ahres said:

No one talks about it but the Tutorial Shader show & tell doesn't have a "Pre-Alpha Gameplay" anywhere on it. And that's the smoothest KSP gameplay explosion that I've ever seen. I think things are more polished than we know.

I hope so. Somebody linked to a newspaper article that said release would be in early 2022. I sure hope so. 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, TLTay said:

I hope so. Somebody linked to a newspaper article that said release would be in early 2022. I sure hope so. 

Even if they're officially in alpha, I still think even summer would be optimistic for release. There is a lot of work from alpha to beta to release candidate to actual release.

On 12/14/2021 at 2:26 PM, TLTay said:

Last  notice I had, it was Fiscal Year 2023 - what means no earlier then October 2022.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, Minmus Taster said:

It's almost 2022, I don't care if it gets delayed again, I just want for us to be officially less than one year from release again for the first time in years.

Now you know what waiting for Webb feels like.

(KSP2 mirrors reality!)

4 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Take Two counts their fiscal year from April to March, so there's a 9-month window between April and December 2022.

As a matter of fact, sir, being this way still means that KSP2 can be launched only on 2023 without breaking any published promises.

52 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Financial 2022, not human one.

You mean fiscal 2023.

Calendar 2022. Fiscal 2023.

Given T2's fiscal year, they're saying it will release between April 1st 2022 and December 31st 2022.

They probably intend to show up at PAX in March (they mentioned going to PAX in a job listing) and announce the release date there if they can meet production goals.

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

What's between December 31st 2022 and April 1st 2023?

That's outside of calendar year 2022.

The data they've set publicly is that it will release in calendar 2022 and fiscal 2023.

Always subject to change...

16 minutes ago, TLTay said:

That's outside of calendar year 2022.

The data they've set publicly is that it will release in calendar 2022 and fiscal 2023.

Iirc, they postponed that to the fiscal 2022, and this is from spring to spring, afaik.

So, the first half of 2023 is also involved,

Edited by kerbiloid

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Iirc, they postponed that to the fiscal 2023, and this is from spring to spring, afaik.

Hopefully a community manager or developer can fill us in for sure, but they're very limited in what they can tell us without approval.

39 minutes ago, TLTay said:

You mean fiscal 2023.

Calendar 2022. Fiscal 2023.

Given T2's fiscal year, they're saying it will release between April 1st 2022 and December 31st 2022.

No. April 1st 2022 to March 31 2023.