Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

I would be expecting at this point a holiday release. From what it sounds like (which might not be the best evidence,) they are on track

Just now, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I would be expecting at this point a holiday release. From what it sounds like (which might not be the best evidence,) they are on track

You're probably right. December 2022 is probably the most likely. That's probably why T2 didn't narrow things down yet. Unfortunate, but it seems there's still some big things that need sorted out.

5 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

2022 is gonna be packed! KSP 2 is on the Horizon.

Funny use of words because Horizon is also out in 2022. Or maybe it was intended idk

Along with like, half a dozen other games I'm very looking forward to. Next year will be golden in the industry.

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Funny use of words because Horizon is also out in 2022. Or maybe it was intended idk

Along with like, half a dozen other games I'm very looking forward to. Next year will be golden in the industry.

Horizon may not be the appropriate word, but 2022 will be a good year.

(Please let my word choice be correct)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

And the only computer I have that can run it just died almost to the DAY of the warranty.

Once I had a Samsung monitor to do that about 2 or 3 months after the warranty expired. I think the capacitors were terrible and even standby was contributing to the its early death

After that I usually turn off my computer and monitors completely when I am not using them. Even standby a computer/monitor/anything is using up the life of the components

Oh by the way. I replaced the capacitors and it ran until I replaced the monitor

Edited by Anth12

8 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Finally.

After all this time.

Were finally under a year away from release.

And the only computer I have that can run it just died almost to the DAY of the warranty.

It's the perfect time to upgrade!

...oh wait...

2 hours ago, Scorpio102 said:

Mann I cannot wait for this game! I really hope they post a more concrete date soon ;.;

I understand your excitement, I share it too.  But why the need for concrete dates?

All that does is set you up for disappointment if it runs even a few days late, or forces a release when it's not quite ready so they can hit the deadline and/or save face.

At this point I would much rather have a reassuring, but relatively vague 'don't panic, we are currently still on target to deliver this year' at most.  With a date set only when they are fully ready to commit.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:12 PM, pandaman said:

forces a release when it's not quite ready so they can hit the deadline and/or save face

Were I in the industry, I'd ask the team when they thought they were absolutely 6 months out from publishing - then I'd tell fans the release is 6 months AFTER that date... Then push like hell for the first and call it 'early release' so we can get through patch season without a hitch 

After the initial round of 'post release' patches then and only then do we go 1.0

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

22 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Were I in the industry, I'd ask the team when they thought they were absolutely 6 months out from publishing - then I'd tell fans the release is 6 months AFTER that date... Then push like hell for the first and call it 'early release' so we can get through patch season without a hitch 

After the initial round of 'post release' patches then and only then do we go 1.0

So, we need a mole inside Intercept/Squad/Private Division/Take-Two to do some digging!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

"This role will require you to quickly deliver on tasks, be adaptable, have a discerning eye for detail, and be an advocate for our players in the KSP community."

Love this

"...attempt to break everything they touch..,"

HAHA

"Our goal is to make phenomenal games, and together we will make KSP 2 be the best experience possible for our players."

I applied for the last QA job and the response gave the impression I haven't got the experience they required. (Still available by the way)

If anyone considers themselves qualified for this and will feel like its a love project more than a job, please consider applying for it.

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Does this inform on the progress to completion?

Possibly. Perhaps they are at the stage that the current QA team need additional help, or someone left is a possibility as well.