Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

I think he was a beta tester for a time

Aside from that, I figured out why they pushed the release to 2022. Back in 2019, even early 2020, you know how the presented game looked like. I believe they then decided to aim for visual quality seen in the announcement trailer. I mean with all we've seen, they're not far from it.

Edited by The Aziz

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I think he was a beta tester for a time

Aside from that, I figured out why they pushed the release to 2022. Back in 2019, even early 2020, you know how the presented game looked like. I believe they then decided to aim for visual quality seen in the announcement trailer. I mean with all we've seen, they're not far from it.

Possible. I would not understand the game features taking 3 years to code, so graphics probably have something to do with it. Hoping for news soon.

Theory's on the exact release date of KSP 2

Im betting on some time in April as that is the 60th anniversary of the first ever space video game (spacewar!)

Edited by Meb Kat

5 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Possible. I would not understand the game features taking 3 years to code, so graphics probably have something to do with it. Hoping for news soon.

ye, I'm betting on sometime in April. the 60th anniversary of the first ever space video game (spacewar!) is this April

July 22, and october 7th? (it has to be released on friday. i will have a short burst of hype every friday.)

But I'm hoping for spring/summer. Saw the statement about the QA tester too. It must be like 80 percent finished for them to hire a QA tester.

My guess: Release date will be announced at PAX in April. They're probably aiming for release shortly threafter, but it could be winter if it can't be made presentable by then. T2 will want a release this year almost certainly for money reasons.

5 hours ago, TLTay said:

My guess: Release date will be announced at PAX in April.

You know? Maybe? It's a little early, I think, but also with no physical E3 this year, they might decide to release info a little earlier at a conference people will care about. So yeah, maybe KSP2 at PAX. I would be pumped, since I have my passes already.

On the other hand, digital E3 is still taking place, and T2 will probably have a showcase, just like the last year, and that would be my main bet. I can pretty much guarantee that KSP2 will be featured, and I think T2/Intercept should be confident in release date at least to a month by that point. So I'd expect something like "Coming in November" at E3, with maybe the exact date announced a little later, plus a new trailer or several.

7 hours ago, K^2 said:

You know? Maybe? It's a little early, I think, but also with no physical E3 this year, they might decide to release info a little earlier at a conference people will care about. So yeah, maybe KSP2 at PAX. I would be pumped, since I have my passes already.

On the other hand, digital E3 is still taking place, and T2 will probably have a showcase, just like the last year, and that would be my main bet. I can pretty much guarantee that KSP2 will be featured, and I think T2/Intercept should be confident in release date at least to a month by that point. So I'd expect something like "Coming in November" at E3, with maybe the exact date announced a little later, plus a new trailer or several.

We need a gameplay trailer. All the "gameplay" we have seen so far looks pretty good.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, KPD87 said:

I'd rather take well finished and polished game than, yet another, "Early Access" game which have tons of bugs and player is forced to update & start from scratch again. Take your time and keep us informed continuously of your progress with KSP2!

Space. Is. Hard.

I'm going to Second this.

Take all the time you Wizards need.

39 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

November 11, 2022

Best timing ever, very sensitive too, KSP has always had a lot in common with that date...

TgS4Qqa.png

*Violent launchpad flashbacks*

But really though, I actually couldn't think of a worse time to release this game...

Other than November 11 2023 (2024?(2025?!?(I need to stop myself before spiral into manic pessimism)))

Edited by Minmus Taster