Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

42 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

Yeah, I get that, And like I said, it's not that I think we deserve anything, or are entitled to anything. I'm just thinking that if I was in their position, and people on the forum for my game were showing signs of unease or worry, I'd take the 30 seconds and make the "everything's ok" post. It takes basically zero effort, and judging by the hysteria some people have shown, it'd be hugely welcomed. I don't know, it just seems like an easy win.

There are people who will see something like that as a sign of a problem. For some reason they don't trust Intercept at their word eventhough they have no real stake in the success or failure of KSP2.

Edited by shdwlrd

2 minutes ago, Master39 said:

An "everything is ok" post would calm things down for less than 15 days at best.

It's more likely to raise a bunch of "Why would they say that?  What are they covering up?" questions.

18 hours ago, Ahres said:

I'll buy your copy of KSP2 if it doesn't come out in 2022 and you'll buy my copy if it does.

lol I'd happily buy more than one gifted copy if it comes out in 2022 and lives up to the hype. But there's no way I'd potentially buy someone else a copy along with my own at this point, after everything that's happened. That's worse than pre-ordering, and for someone who got scammed on the SimCity release it's never gonna happen like that.

Edited by sunnypunny

7 hours ago, jamqdlaty said:

In the last video we've seen rather easily noticeable LOD transitions and it all was choppy, while only showing landscapes without constructions on the surface. And these were probably recorded on high-end PCs. I'm not an optimist when it comes to predicting a release date and I hope they wouldn't release the game unpolished.

It would be pretty weird if this problem weren't fixed by release, especially considering that one of their dev diaries has addressed specifically what they were doing to fix this problem.

14 hours ago, Master39 said:

They made the post about the procedural radiators 5 days ago, and there was Nate Simpson replying here and on Reddit questions about that, the "unease" you're talking about and the discussions around it were completely unaffected by the fact that there was actual new content being revealed just as the arguing was going on. 

An "everything is ok" post would calm things down for less than 15 days at best.

Sorry, I wasn't going to reply, but this bit has me confused.

The only recent comment I can find from Nate on here is one post about whether they'd be making procedural solar panels as well as procedural radiators. On Reddit, there's the same post about solar panels, a post where he says Nertea is involved in the radiators and is 'crushing it', and one where he says you can enter dimensions numerically or by sliders. Apart from that, it's nearly a month since he posted anything on Reddit, and a month and a half since he posted on here. I don't see anything about the unease, or answering questions about it? Maybe he posts under an account I don't know of?

20 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

Sorry, I wasn't going to reply, but this bit has me confused.

The only recent comment I can find from Nate on here is one post about whether they'd be making procedural solar panels as well as procedural radiators. On Reddit, there's the same post about solar panels, a post where he says Nertea is involved in the radiators and is 'crushing it', and one where he says you can enter dimensions numerically or by sliders. Apart from that, it's nearly a month since he posted anything on Reddit, and a month and a half since he posted on here. I don't see anything about the unease, or answering questions about it? Maybe he posts under an account I don't know of?

The point is that the devs posting new information, and talking about it doesn't put the paranoia at rest, what makes you think that a "trust us we're alive" post would fare better? The most positive reply it would receive would be "blink twice if you need help" the rest being tirades on how much the evil publisher is lying from their secret lair in a tropical vulcanic island.

Edited by Master39

Everyone is worried because we simply do not have access to NEW information about the game. Everything we know about it is from 2020/21. This is why there is so much speculation and it's hurting is.

We need some new stuff that confirms or denies our theories.

This lack of communication is just cruelty.

6 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Everyone is worried because we simply do not have access to NEW information about the game. Everything we know about it is from 2020/21. This is why there is so much speculation and it's hurting is.

We need some new stuff that confirms or denies our theories.

This lack of communication is just cruelty.

This is a confirmation of the launch window from a month ago.

Edited by Master39

3 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Yes but that gives us no new info about gameplay.

This is the thread about the release date, that is what the discussion going on here is about.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:29 AM, jonescat010 said:

I hope so, id love to see some more gameplay

I also wonder if they will add warp drives to the game  which would be cool if they did but If they don't I wont be sad since the modders can do that 

What is the point of warp drive in semi realistic space flight simulator? Doesn't such ridiculously overpowered tool remove gameplay aspects. It is hard to expect that for example surface exploration is so interesting and content rich than it would work as whole game without logistical challenges to get research stuff there.

I am worried looking at the dates of Youtube videos. It's kind of like launching a movie promotion campaign a year before it comes out and suddenly stopping it 5 months before the premiere. The videos were appearing quite regularly, I bet I wasn't the only one checking if there's a video that I missed. And I stopped doing it.  This should not happen in a proper promo campaign if they're not moving the release date again. As an example, Civ VI had a great promo Youtube campaign. They started it about half a year before the premiere and they posted videos regularly, keeping players interested right to the release date, building up the hype. It actually made me and my wife get a deluxe preorder and the game turned out excrements, so we kept playing CiV V.

Imagine if we only now started getting all the 2021 videos regularly until the game releases 6 months from now. They cold keep the hype building up. The fact that KSP2 promo campaign got halted is worrying. But if they put it back on soon, we might get the game in 2022. ;) Probably not optimized well until several major updates.

Clearly what happened is that the devs tried to release according to the announced date in 2020 and they started a marketing campaign, doing interviews on podcasts and for magazines, releasing nicely put together videos, complex and well written show and tell articles. Then everyone realized the game needs more work (best decision from my pov), marketing and communication budget got cut. And now we're ~5 months in the dark and counting.

Look, I don't care if the game comes out in 2022/23/24 etc. It's going to be epic because I 100% trust the people involved. They love the game, they understand it, it's a passion project. But what I do care about is not going crazy thinking about the N different ways KSP could fulfill it's potential of being the best game ever made, all while playing KSP1 and thinking "I wish they improved this, I wish they added this, I wish I could do this, go there, find X".

KSP1 mods don't really scratch the itch for me because I believe in creative vision. I don't want to "write the book for the author", I want to live in that world. But now I'm just building a resource colony on  Minimus to have cheap fuel to go.. where? I've explored everything. It's all empty! And I want to find flags planted by other players with funny messages, the valley of ships that wrecked on the Mun, the derelicts with little kerbal skeletons that could got stranded with 0 fuel on their way back to Kerbin, the first colony next to the alien ruins... we can't have that in KSP1.

Forgive me, I'm a dreamer..

Edited by Vl3d

3 hours ago, Hannu2 said:

What is the point of warp drive in semi realistic space flight simulator?

Because they are theoretically possible IRL. 

5 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I've explored everything. It's all empty!

Can't you have just a bit of imagination? People went to 0 altitude at Jool to feel proud of themselves, not to explore ruins and such.

1 hour ago, jamqdlaty said:

This should not happen in a proper promo campaign if they're not moving the release date again. As an example, Civ VI had a great promo Youtube campaign. They started it about half a year before the premiere and they posted videos regularly, keeping players interested right to the release date,

Even if we're looking at worst case scenario: release on 31st December this year, then we're much more than half a year away. So the campaign hasn't started yet, and in theory they still got time. However, if it doesn't start in July, I will start getting slightly worried as well.

23 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

lol I'd happily buy more than one gifted copy if it comes out in 2022 and lives up to the hype. But there's no way I'd potentially buy someone else a copy along with my own at this point, after everything that's happened. That's worse than pre-ordering, and for someone who got scammed on the SimCity release it's never gonna happen like that.

Ah c'mon sunnypunny! I really thought you'd take me up on this. If you're feeling good about your guess you should take me up on this. If you're right, it doesn't cost you a dime whether it's a good game or not!

12 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

What if they did an April fool’s joke and said it was going to release tomorrow? That would be so sad. (Unless it wasn’t a prank, but a real release)

It is a friday tommorow.

I'm not joking you, they might PUT a joke out tommorow.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:00 PM, severedsolo said:
On 11/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, ChrisSpace said:

KSP didn't come out as a finished product, so I don't see why KSP2 has to

We should be encouraging developers to finish their games before expecting us to spend £60 on it.

(Old post, I know. Delete your response unless you have something else to add.)

If you think the KSP 2 fandom is bad with actively enjoying bad practice, check out Elite Dangerous. Fans hate it when you say a game shouldn't be 90% idling or alt tabbed. Elite Dangerous fanboys especially tear up when you tell them promising a console version of a DLC for 8 months before pulling the plug altogether is a first degree scumball act.

13 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

(Old post, I know. Delete your response unless you have something else to add.)

If you think the KSP 2 fandom is bad with actively enjoying bad practice, check out Elite Dangerous. Fans hate it when you say a game shouldn't be 90% idling or alt tabbed. Elite Dangerous fanboys especially tear up when you tell them promising a console version of a DLC for 8 months before pulling the plug altogether is a first degree scumball act.

I played ED but i didn't really like it so i refunded it. Good thing it was on sale.. Like, a BIG sale.

There's a precedent for some (unimportant) action happening on April 1st. It's also the first day of the official, current release window. We've never reached the eve of a current launch window before. Think Intercept does anything tomorrow? It is a Friday after all.