Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:
2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP 2 will also do the planets on-rails and most vessels will only be 2-body.

Correct. The difference being of course that the KSP devs don’t have the benefit of an already accurate calculated look up tables for their solar systems for however many thousands of the years that will be needed as a result of interplanetary travel to cover any potential timeframe a player might exist in. 

But then again we're looking at over a decade of optimisations. 

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

So those who don't know they just recently updated the KSP website:

https://store.privatedivision.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2

There is some interesting stuff in the source code. Unfortunately nothing too revealing from what I have seen so far.
The release date of 4099791600000 is just Dec 01 2099 in Unix, so unfortunately no luck there. ;)

Does look like there will be a countdown however.

Well, it's something. If the 'earnings call' means we're expecting news, then adding a countdown to the website is as clear an indication as we can get of a release date.

An update to the website is probably a good sign too. You want to roll out a new product, you polish up the 'showroom' first.

Some content has been removed. 

Please remember do not attack the person, attack the argument.     We try to maintain a family friendly environment, vulgarity is not tolerated here. 

3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Does look like there will be a countdown however.

Can you elaborate on this for me? Because it’s interesting and I don’t know how to see for myself. 

19 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Can you elaborate on this for me? Because it’s interesting and I don’t know how to see for myself. 

But you’re on a forum dedicated to rocket launches.... how do you not know what a countdown is?    ;p

I’m intrigued too. 

3 hours ago, Ahres said:

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

But you’re on a forum dedicated to rocket launches.... how do you not know what a countdown is?    ;p

I’m intrigued too. 

I'm not an expert, but I think if you look at the source code for the webpage (you can right click on the page, and choose 'view page source' or 'view source' or something similar), you can do a search for the word 'timer' and you can see there are bits of code where it says stuff like 'launching in X days', 'launching in X hours'...

So it looks like the code is in place for a countdown.

I'm taking this as really good news. You wouldn't update the website if the game was aaaaages away, would you?? I'm going to put my money* on something happening today.

*metaphorically

Just now, stephensmat said:

What does 1H mean in this context? First Quarter?

1st half, I would have thought.

1 hour ago, Ferio said:

No, it's not.. The guy who posted this was always right with leaks. 

It takes like 15 minutes to make an image like that and it feeds the gaming info sites and forums for a week or two since it's GTA VI we're talking about. And then another additional week when they report the actual Earning Call and how the image was a fake all along.

I see quite a few red flags in that image: taking it from a screen or projector to remove any imperfection, the use of "1H Calendar" and "2H Calendar" that was absent from the previous one (which focused on the FY since that's what matters in an earning call), the reveal of a title as big as GTA VI made casually in an earning call, the fact that the Max Payne remaster was supposed to be for the first 2 titles (I read somewhere) and it's not Rockstar working on them.

I'm not going to say it's 100% fake, but sure enough it's worth to just wait for the actual thing to be released in a few days.

2 hours ago, Master39 said:

It takes like 15 minutes to make an image like that and it feeds the gaming info sites and forums for a week or two since it's GTA VI we're talking about. And then another additional week when they report the actual Earning Call and how the image was a fake all along.

I see quite a few red flags in that image: taking it from a screen or projector to remove any imperfection, the use of "1H Calendar" and "2H Calendar" that was absent from the previous one (which focused on the FY since that's what matters in an earning call), the reveal of a title as big as GTA VI made casually in an earning call, the fact that the Max Payne remaster was supposed to be for the first 2 titles (I read somewhere) and it's not Rockstar working on them.

I'm not going to say it's 100% fake, but sure enough it's worth to just wait for the actual thing to be released in a few days.

Side question - Max Payne remaster?  As in a complete remake with modern design tools or just something to help it play on Win10? 

Back to the topic: I'm with you - the last EC we went off of referred to quarters not halves. 

9 hours ago, Ahres said:

"Launching":"Launching {{month}} {{year}}","Launching Countdown":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e{{days}}d, {{hours}}h {{minutes}}m {{seconds}}s\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-days_one":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e1 day\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-days_other":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e{{count}} days\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-hours":"Launching in \u003c1\u003etimer\u003c/1\u003e"

This could just be a part of their canned code they use on all their product websites though.

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:
This could just be a part of their canned code they use on all their product websites though.

Are there any other Private Division games launching in the same timeframe as KSP?

If it was a canned code format we might be able to find it on other game's pages.

Edited by Lijazos

6 minutes ago, MechBFP said:
"Launching":"Launching {{month}} {{year}}","Launching Countdown":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e{{days}}d, {{hours}}h {{minutes}}m {{seconds}}s\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-days_one":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e1 day\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-days_other":"Launching in \u003c1\u003e{{count}} days\u003c/1\u003e","launching-in-hours":"Launching in \u003c1\u003etimer\u003c/1\u003e"

It's definitely a set of localization strings.  Since some of the strings are things like "Extreme Violence" and "Drug Use" (presumably for age ratings), I don't think we can assume that all the strings are for KSP2.  However, some of them look like they've been specifically written for KSP2 (e.g. "Houston, we have a problem" or "Lost in space" error codes), and I think "Launching Countdown" rather than "Release Countdown" falls into that category.  Therefore, I agree with the prediction that there will be a countdown on that page at some point.

51 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Side question - Max Payne remaster?  As in a complete remake with modern design tools or just something to help it play on Win10?

From what I understand they have Remedy rewriting the first 2 games from scratch, like other recent remakes, that's why it's suspicious, the studio isn't Rockstar and the kind of work they hinted at it's not the type usually released as a "trilogy definitive edition".

Is the planned release date 2022 on the steam page new?

Also the website update has a pic of ksp 1 for interstellar travel, which is strange.

7 hours ago, Ferio said:

Made a mistake. The leak says 1st of 2024 see leaked image below

FSA-3AbX0AEgoLW?format=jpg&name=large

This doesn't look real to me. The language on the bottom doesn't seem 'professional'. Also the chart doesn't make much sense. Also I dont want to wait until next year for KSP 2.

7 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Is the planned release date 2022 on the steam page new?

Also the website update has a pic of ksp 1 for interstellar travel, which is strange.

This doesn't look real to me. The language on the bottom doesn't seem 'professional'. Also the chart doesn't make much sense. Also I dont want to wait until next year for KSP 2.

I can't say for 100%, but I'm fairly certain I've never seen a data on there before. As far as I can remember it's always just been 'coming soon'.

I'm really excited now. I reckon today's the day that we get a release date, or at the very least a confirmation that it is indeed still releaseing in 2022.

33 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

I can't say for 100%, but I'm fairly certain I've never seen a data on there before. As far as I can remember it's always just been 'coming soon'.

I'm sure 'Coming soon' changed to '2022' at least at the beginning of the year. Or maybe even earlier.

1 hour ago, WelshSteW said:

I'm really excited now. I reckon today's the day that we get a release date, or at the very least a confirmation that it is indeed still releaseing in 2022.

Either way, we should get some clarity in a few days from the investor meeting.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:56 AM, gussi111 said:

It was posted 6 hours ago?

I know this is an odd question, but are you the real Gussi111? The guy who used to play in GTA 4/GTA 5 Multiplayer events?