Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

I watched the trailer.. again.. and I'm getting emotional, every. Single. Time. At the end, when you see multiple rockets launching into space, and the music ends with a soft note when the rocket turns into logo with that magical 2... I have some slight fuel leak in my eyes.

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I watched the trailer.. again.. and I'm getting emotional, every. Single. Time. At the end, when you see multiple rockets launching into space, and the music ends with a soft note when the rocket turns into logo with that magical 2... I have some slight fuel leak in my eyes.

Look at the bright side. Every day you go to sleep is 1 day less for the day we get an actual Kerbal Space Program 2 - Gameplay Trailer notification on our YouTube feed.

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

The Aziz gets it.

The ending launches with the view of Glumo, the first shot of the big interstellar vessel and orbital station over Jool, and the radial booster decoupling on the first rocket... they're all gems.

1 hour ago, Lijazos said:

Look at the bright side. Every day you go to sleep is 1 day less for the day we get an actual Kerbal Space Program 2 - Gameplay Trailer notification on our YouTube feed.

sleeping is actually a time machine, every day sleeping I jump 8 hours of my life, so 1/3 of the day, so technically there are only 2/3 of time left to release ksp 2 :joy:

9 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

We should get some clarification later today on a release window, which should be nice.

(PLEASE DON'T DELAY!)

If it delays I am going to scream into my pillow

Edited by Meb Kat

Spoiler

Tl;dr Early 2023 for PC and later that year for consoles, take that for what you will. At least there's a confirmation, so that's good

Edited by Cyne
Ah didn't see the official announcement thread for this, seem this thread is obselete now.

Great! All I have to do now is stay alive for another year. At least it's clear now there's A LOT of work behind the scenes. Probably most for multiplayer.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:35 AM, whatsEJstandfor said:

The last update we had from Intercept was that it'd be 2022, and nothing since then, from them or the publisher, has contradicted it, tho

Well, now you get that I was right?

Just now, MechBFP said:
14 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Well, now you get that I was right?

Yes you were, but you were right for the same reason why a broken clock is right twice a day.  

Ow snap! But maybe it's a solar dial.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Meanwhile, on steam forums...

Shhhh, we don't talk about that place out loud.

But, seriously, that place is a dumpster fire, there are like 4 trolls keeping the whole forum hostage and Steam community moderation doesn't use permabans, even for repeated offenders.

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

It's interesting how here the reactions are mostly positive (sad, but it's understandable), same on facebook, youtube.

The steam community is a wasteland of toxic people. I expected them to throw tantrums.

I'm not too saddened, as preorders will possibly come in around November/December, In time for Christmas, so more people can get the game.

Which means i don't have to save all my money!

Edited by Catto

9 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

It's interesting how here the reactions are mostly positive (sad, but it's understandable), same on facebook, youtube.

Yeah thats what happens when you cant astroturf your social media. Anyone who is still interested in this game after being insulted with a "early 2023" release date after waiting through 2 years of delays is a fool.

3 minutes ago, p331083 said:

Yeah thats what happens when you cant astroturf your social media. Anyone who is still interested in this game after being insulted with a "early 2023" release date after waiting through 2 years of delays is a fool.

Don't make me tap the sign

1 minute ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Don't make me tap the sign

Yes my post with zero foul language, derogatory comments or offensive language is really indicative of me being mad.