Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

Yes you were, but you were right for the same reason why a broken clock is right twice a day.  

No, I'm right, because April 2023 is the corporate deadline for KSP 2. The publisher can promise the players anything, but it's better not to deceive the shareholders.

17 minutes ago, Catto said:

The steam community is a wasteland of toxic people. I expected them to throw tantrums.

I'm not too saddened, as preorders will possibly come in around November/December, In time for Christmas, so more people can get the game.

Which means i don't have to save all my money!

This. And it does not only apply to this game's steam forum. 

-----------

Would I like it to come out earlier - sure...  But I haven't paid anything for it yet so I couldn't care less. Now, if they had opened for preordering, taken the money and then communicated postponement of the game , the case would be different (typical for 50% of early release games on steam). 

2 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

No, I'm right, because April 2023 is the corporate deadline for KSP 2. The publisher can promise the players anything, but it's better not to deceive the shareholders.

That has nothing to do with your previous post unless you are implying games can only come out at the very end of a fiscal year for some reason?

9 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

That has nothing to do with your previous post unless you are implying games can only come out at the very end of a fiscal year for some reason?

Judging by the news on the game, or rather their absence, development is being delayed a lot. So far, no blogger has been invited to play the alpha version, there is no real gameplay with sending a small rocket even beyond the atmosphere. And they promised us a lot! Therefore, I am sure that the game will be delayed until the last deadline. Also see here:

DE9b1XL.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Judging by the news on the game, or rather their absence, development is being delayed a lot. So far, no blogger has been invited to play the alpha version, there is no real gameplay with sending a small rocket even beyond the atmosphere. And they promised us a lot! Therefore, I am sure that the game will be delayed until the last deadline. Also see here:

DE9b1XL.jpg

Thank you for clarifying. So like I said, a clock. 

9 minutes ago, Alexoff said:Also see here:

DE9b1XL.jpg

Did you just take an image of someone in the middle of a blink to make a point? Who does that!? I have personally only seen that in the absolute worst of political arguments, and I was not expecting you to debase yourself like that. In case it was not the blink: beards are fine facial hair for someone and making a point off of what someone chooses to do with their appearance is equally lowly, yes the background is different and there isn’t a big ol’ smile because this isn’t a reveal, it is a delay that Nate is probably not happy to announce off of the teleprompter. Criticizing people is not a good way to work through whatever is going on around this announcement. 

With the latest information having been just made available, this thread is no longer needed, so we'll lock this now. Please see here for the latest news on the release window:

Edited by Deddly