Jump to content

Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]


Arco123
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, A Generic Kerbal said:

I just want to say one thing:
The delays are kinda sus

After the reception the game got after announcement they probably were allowed to vastly expand the scope of the game at the cost of delaying it's release. Along the way of negotiating the future of the project it seems like there were some disagreement among the leaders of star theory with the people at T2 hence the debacle and creation of intercept games. So the studio switch was a cause for a lot of delay, then there's onboarding a bunch of new people to a WIP project, then there was covid... So to think delays would be unexpected is a tad ridiculous...

I bet the original KSP 2 from the announcement didn't have nearly as many features and, at worst, might have even been a rushed hack job with little regard for the original title.

Just my guesses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope that KSP 2 won't delay again :D. I've been waiting for this since 2018! Although my laptop's graphic card probably not compatable with it but I just need to low down the graphic setting and it ready to go! I wonder what the main menu would look like cuz KSP 1 main menu is pretty boring and not many option lol :D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who "plays" Star Citizen (8 years in alpha and 10 years till release estimate) I am all for you guys taking ALL THE TIME YOU NEED to put out a killer, bug free game! I've gotten more than my moneys worth from Kerbal 1 (thanks moding community) and I'm sure Kerbal 2 could be the same... but do not do what Elite Dangerous did with their last DLC and put out a product full of bugs and lacking optimization! My $.02

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Y'know, we'd be fine paying full price (60 dollars) for a beta that gets updated just like regular KSP....

If a alpha/beta would be released soon, with for example only the Kerbin System... I would buy immediately. XD 

Edited by Mr.Evil
grammar correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 1:10 PM, jeb10 said:

I hope that KSP 2 won't delay again :D. I've been waiting for this since 2018! Although my laptop's graphic card probably not compatable with it but I just need to low down the graphic setting and it ready to go! I wonder what the main menu would look like cuz KSP 1 main menu is pretty boring and not many option lol :D.

Perhaps you should invest on a new system then. Not a laptop but a full PC desktop to enjoy KSP2 properly and whatever else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, Atlas Gaming said:

As someone who "plays" Star Citizen (8 years in alpha and 10 years till release estimate) I am all for you guys taking ALL THE TIME YOU NEED to put out a killer, bug free game! I've gotten more than my moneys worth from Kerbal 1 (thanks moding community) and I'm sure Kerbal 2 could be the same... but do not do what Elite Dangerous did with their last DLC and put out a product full of bugs and lacking optimization! My $.02

Yeah but Star Citizen is already available for everyone to play, while the KSP 2 is not
I would've agreed with you if there was an open alpha/beta test for KSP 2, but sadly there isn't 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, AtomicTech said:

Y'know, we'd be fine paying full price (60 dollars) for a beta that gets updated just like regular KSP....

I would've been the happiest man in the world if we had a playable demo or something
Even with no tutorial, outer solar systems and not all parts included

Edited by A Generic Kerbal
Grammatical mistake lol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 4:10 AM, jeb10 said:

I hope that KSP 2 won't delay again :D. I've been waiting for this since 2018! Although my laptop's graphic card probably not compatable with it but I just need to low down the graphic setting and it ready to go! I wonder what the main menu would look like cuz KSP 1 main menu is pretty boring and not many option lol :D.

The good news is, there hasn't been a single (announced) delay in over 10 months! To contrast, there were delays every 3-6 months through 2019 and 2020, so it seems like they have a release timeframe that works and a good handle on what they're doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

The good news is, there hasn't been a single (announced) delay in over 10 months! To contrast, there were delays every 3-6 months through 2019 and 2020, so it seems like they have a release timeframe that works and a good handle on what they're doing.

Still no exact release date :(

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:
On 9/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, jeb10 said:

I hope that KSP 2 won't delay again :D. I've been waiting for this since 2018! Although my laptop's graphic card probably not compatable with it but I just need to low down the graphic setting and it ready to go! I wonder what the main menu would look like cuz KSP 1 main menu is pretty boring and not many option lol :D.

The good news is, there hasn't been a single (announced) delay in over 10 months! To contrast, there were delays every 3-6 months through 2019 and 2020, so it seems like they have a release timeframe that works and a good handle on what they're doing.

Don't say that! You are going to jinx us all!

On 9/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, gilflo said:

It looks like KSP 2 will not be available on Mac OSX, that’s what i see on Private division.  If it’s true it’s a shame for all Mac players. I just hope i am wrong!!

Simple solution:

Step one: Get a sledge hammer

Step 2: Smash said mac 

Step 3: Build a pc

Step 4: Download Steam

Step 5: Download KSP 2

Step 6: Profit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, A Generic Kerbal said:

Still no exact release date :(

 

 

Would you want an 'exact' date that may well end up moving?  Or sticking to with major bugs that they had to leave to make the deadline?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I'd preffer 2023 to be sure they work bugs out and they can offer beta to developers in 2022 so that at release we can have MechJeb and other mods that everyone uses.  A modded UI to resemble the Kerbal 1 would be awesome too 

Another year delay? Please no. I was initially told in 2019 that I'd be playing KSP2 in early 2020. It's almost 2022. I'm fairly patient and don't want to seem ungrateful to the devs, but I'd really like something positive to help take my mind off of an increasingly disastrous and dystopian world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I'd preffer 2023 to be sure they work bugs out

Hell no, no more delays. I was promised to play in early 2020, and now it's almost 2022.

8 hours ago, TLTay said:

offer beta to developers in 2022

Offer beta to everyone who wants it. I've waited enough already

On 10/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, pandaman said:

Or sticking to with major bugs that they had to leave

I would prefer playing with bugs rather than not playing at all

KSP 1 had alpha and beta versions, so I see no problem doing that with KSP 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, A Generic Kerbal said:
On 10/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, pandaman said:

Or sticking to with major bugs that they had to leave

I would prefer playing with bugs rather than not playing at all

KSP 1 had alpha and beta versions, so I see no problem doing that with KSP 2

But what if those bugs made it unplayable for you?  As many claimed some of the KSP1 bugs frequently did.  Personally I found some very annoying, but not really 'unplayable', although some were quite close, but then again I'm a pretty easy going type.

Also, unlike KSP2, KSP1 needed the alpha/beta early access model to get attention and prove it's viability, and bugs were expected as a result.  The sequel needs to hit the ground running with a decent quality product or flop through bad reviews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

But what if those bugs made it unplayable for you?  As many claimed some of the KSP1 bugs frequently did.  Personally I found some very annoying, but not really 'unplayable', although some were quite close, but then again I'm a pretty easy going type.

Also, unlike KSP2, KSP1 needed the alpha/beta early access model to get attention and prove it's viability, and bugs were expected as a result.  The sequel needs to hit the ground running with a decent quality product or flop through bad reviews.

If a bug makes the game unplayable, the game is DEFINITELY not in the alpha/beta stage

(Or it was made by Bethesda)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, A Generic Kerbal said:

If a bug makes the game unplayable, the game is DEFINITELY not in the alpha/beta stage

(Or it was made by Bethesda)

No argument there, but a prominent, if not critical,  bug in a beta release could have serious PR consequences.

Not everyone would be as accepting as you or I.  Or as understanding that a 'beta' is not finished product so problems are to be expected.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...