[1.12.5] Helvica (v0.5 FINAL)

Maple Kerman

At long last, Version 0.5 has finally been released.
For those of you who've been waiting, I apologize for the five-month delay. Real life got busy, so this was put to the side.

Moving on to the changes, there are several. Helvica and Neus Nadavo have received significant visual uplifts, and gravity and science values have been rebalanced.
More importantly, some orbits have been moved, so make sure to check in on any spacecraft in Helvica orbit.

On the downside, I had to drop Pavim and switch to .png textures for Neus Nadavo. While this does improve visual quality, it drastically increases download size.
Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out the issues I'm having with .dds so I could bring the file size back down again.

Other than that, the update can be download on SpaceDock and CKAN, as usual.

Enjoy! 

Edited by Maple Kerman

16 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

At long last, Version 0.5 has finally been released.
For those of you who've been waiting, I apologize for the five-month delay. Real life got busy, so this was put to the side.

Moving on to the changes, there are several. Helvica and Neus Nadavo have received significant visual uplifts, and gravity and science values have been rebalanced.
More importantly, some orbits have been moved, so make sure to check in on your spacecraft in Helvica orbit.

On the downside, I had to drop Pavim and switch to .png textures for Neus Nadavo. While this does improve visual quality, it drastically increases download size.
Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out the issues I'm having with .dds so I could bring the file size back down again.

Other than that, the update can be download on SpaceDock and CKAN, as usual.

Enjoy! ;)

Of course!, personal life is far more important than a mod, great release:)!

Edited by Minmus Taster

@Maple Kermanwhat a great update! I love Helvica now! Last time it looked like a gigantic marble, but now, it has changed!

Spoiler

So, I haven't been testing my prototype science definitions. If it works, can you add it, please? If you want me to add some. I'm still finishing Neus Nadavo's science defs.

Spoiler

And also, candidate of July 2021's TOTM! :)

On 6/8/2021 at 7:06 AM, Kerbal Productions said:

I love Helvica now! Last time it looked like a gigantic marble, but now, it has changed!

I'm glad you like the texture revamp! I wanted to clean it up and make it look more realistic.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:06 AM, Kerbal Productions said:

So, I haven't been testing my prototype science definitions. If it works, can you add it, please? If you want me to add some. I'm still finishing Neus Nadavo's science defs.

Knowing myself, I probably won't get around to writing them any time soon. Feel free to send them to me any way you want, and I'll be sure to implement them in the following updates!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 8:37 AM, charliepryor said:

Any chance for a quick update to add stats for Kerbalism? There's currently no radiation or magnetopause at all on these celestial bodies, and it would be so cool to incorporate this into my new series. Thanks!

I'll see what I can do... I don't have any experience with Kerbalism, though.

Let me figure something out.

6 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

I'll see what I can do... I don't have any experience with Kerbalism, though.

Let me figure something out.

So cool to have a response! I hope it isn't too much work. It's a really cool twist on the solar system I have with OPM installed. Conveniently fits right in there perfectly. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

I haven't worked on this mod in a year, but recently I've started playing KSP again, so there may be some progress made sometime in the future.

If you continue will you add science defs and scatter on the ground?

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.