KSP Loading... Preview: Moar RCS!

St4rdust

46 minutes ago, Fusion confusion said:

I am new to KSP, and I always wanted more parts in the command and control section,  new parts are always welcome! ps, this is my first post on the forums

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you onboard.

This is nice, but it's missing the thruster (big and small) I use the most, from addon packs: a four-way thruster, with two nozzles 90 degrees from each other in one plane, and the other two 180 degrees in the second plane (see Lunar Ascent Module).

Edited by KSPrynk

6 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think KSP is copying Nertea now but, these are pretty neat anyway. Can't wait to see what else we get.

Let me quote myself from another thread on this one:

On 10/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I don't understand why people say that features in updates are simply rip-offs of existing mods. Some people can't (or don't want to) use mods, so bringing these features to stock allows more people to use them, albeit in an officially supported and in many cases more user-friendly form. They're making their own version, not stealing the mod and directly integrating it into the game.

In short: it's not really fair to say that SQUAD are simply copying mods.

2 hours ago, dok_377 said:

These parts are nice, but what about the Vernor? Let's be clear here, this part is outright ugly and can't be used in most of the cases because of its size.  The least that you can do is add an option to remove this ugly shroud from it. 

Vernor.png

Agreed, a bare Vernor variant would be very nice.

6 hours ago, dok_377 said:

These parts are nice, but what about the Vernor? Let's be clear here, this part is outright ugly and can't be used in most of the cases because of its size.  The least that you can do is add an option to remove this ugly shroud from it. 

Vernor.png

Yep, vernors are awesome  but maybe a multi nozzle variant would be cool

30 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Quite a few additions to the past updates have been rather close to what Nertea (aka the Modder behind  NearFutureTechnologies/restock) has added to his mods not to long ago.

That doesn't mean they're outright copying modders though, and it doesn't matter if there's overlap between the stock game and mods. Case in point - visual mods didn't stop SQUAD from improving the game's visuals, nor did KER stop them from adding a dV meter.

55 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Quite a few additions to the past updates have been rather close to what Nertea (aka the Modder behind  NearFutureTechnologies/restock) has added to his mods not to long ago.

It doesn't look to me that Squad is copying Nertea's parts. And if the intention is to make parts have more resemblance to their counterparts in reality, then it's likely they'll have visual similarities. We can't fault Squad for making parts look more real-life though.

nifty updates on the rcs (the new small rcs will be nice on my constellations of small commsat - allow to very precisely tune the satellites orbits :)

Would be nice to have some variants for the place anywheres too.

maybe a sideways variant to place nearly 'flush' with hulls - imagine a vernor's shape, but with a nozzle and exhaust channel parallel to the shape, like on the space shuttle's nose and nose's sides.

(At least, a place anywhere's 7 variant with the same style of mount as the small one, instead of the big ball :p)

replicating the shuttle's RCS arrays is quite part intensive ;)

Edited by sgt_flyer

@St4rdust Loving the new parts! Just wondering if we could get a more powerful high-bypass turbofan in 1.11, alongside a smaller or bare Vernor. Was thinking about this monster:

02.-General-Electric%E2%80%99s-GE9X-Roar

106456661-1584970552499gettyimages-11959

777x-flight-test-engine-install-2-443-15

Yes, the General Electric GE9X. 597kN of max thrust, that's more than GE90-115B's 512kN, which came from the GE90-94B that the current J-90 Goliath is based on. (Source here)

After all our builds that use the current Goliath are so massive we have to make it a quadjet, unlike the real-life Boeing 777 (and its X variants) which has two.

Just take the core of the Goliath, give a thicker nacelle, add reduce the number of fan blades, make the blades curvier, make the fan itself larger & get rid of the front node (because this thing has to be even bigger than 2.5m but significantly smaller than 3.125m diameter). And also make it very slightly lighter.

And can we also have a Mk3 Cabin variant that has no cheatline (i.e stripes) on it, as well as making the windows 'penetrate' through flags so we can make some sick liveries using flags?

Edited by FahmiRBLX
Typo

11 hours ago, Cyne said:

Still waiting for more vernors so that I can turn my huge craft more easilly but otherwise, very nice!

That would be great.  So,  hopefully that is in this release!  If not, suggest it to the ReStock crew.

These are a wonderful edition.   @SQUAD are you also working on a new DLC, given that we are waiting for KSP2 for another 2+ years?

hmmmm those tiny rcs place anywhere ports if they still would have a spherical collider might be very useful in stock joints..... (not that you really arguably need those cause of BG but hey its nice to have the option).

On 11/7/2020 at 8:39 PM, FahmiRBLX said:

@St4rdust Loving the new parts! Just wondering if we could get a more powerful high-bypass turbofan in 1.11, alongside a smaller or bare Vernor. Was thinking about this monster:

02.-General-Electric%E2%80%99s-GE9X-Roar

106456661-1584970552499gettyimages-11959

777x-flight-test-engine-install-2-443-15

Yes, the General Electric GE9X. 597kN of max thrust, that's more than GE90-115B's 512kN, which came from the GE90-94B that the current J-90 Goliath is based on. (Source here)

After all our builds that use the current Goliath are so massive we have to make it a quadjet, unlike the real-life Boeing 777 (and its X variants) which has two.

Just take the core of the Goliath, give a thicker nacelle, add reduce the number of fan blades, make the blades curvier, make the fan itself larger & get rid of the front node (because this thing has to be even bigger than 2.5m but significantly smaller than 3.125m diameter). And also make it very slightly lighter.

And can we also have a Mk3 Cabin variant that has no cheatline (i.e stripes) on it, as well as making the windows 'penetrate' through flags so we can make some sick liveries using flags?

That website you linked is full of bad information. This isn't a dig at you, @FahmiRBLX - I'm amazed that a company like GE would post things so far from the truth. They claim the GE9X with 134,300lbs of thrust is not too far off the 188,000lbs of thrust that the R-7. A quick check shows the R-7 has roughly 680,000lbs of thrust. With regards to the GE9X, it has less thrust than the GE90-115B. It is only rated for 110,000lbs thrust/490kN (continuous). The entire point of the GE9X was to integrate with the 777X which has new lower aspect ratio wings that create more lift and thus require less thrust. The GE9X is more of a diet for the GE90-115B since the 777X airframe is picking up the slack in a way. This is very troubling in the sense that if I wanted mis-information, I'd turn to politics...engineering and especially aviation, I thought we got straight numbers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.