Finally Peeled that Gold Foil Off the Windows

Hey look, it's Friday!

In the interest of further opening a window into the on-the-ground development of KSP2, I'm going to occasionally post images of things that are still in-progress (but which are cool enough to share anyway). In this case, we've got Kerbals under glass, and you can catch a peek at some IVA details inside the Mk1 and Mk1 inline cockpits. Just seeing these guys in their seats was a very exciting moment for us. Credit to Matt Reynolds, who built the cockpits and  interiors, and animator/engineer Paul Zimmer, the bringer-to-life of all things Kerbal!

Maybe one more little treat. Artist Sung Campbell was messing around with terrain the other day and took this lovely test shot:

image (1) (1).png

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Edited by Nate Simpson

5 minutes ago, Zimm said:

I love that we get to share the stuff we're proud of as we go. :)

Keep sharin' we love these updates :D

It's also a good thing since people can now give feedback as well as you guys make one of the greatest games ever.

If posting it here is an opportunity for us to load more onto Matt's plate:

• The footwells of pilot climbing points and ladders probably doesn't have as much gloss as the rest of the vessel body.
  • I was thinking about recommending giving the canopy glass that golden tinge the F22 Raptor has, but Iridium-Tin-Oxide coatings are for stealth purposes and not useful for spacecraft, so I won't do that.

Jolly good, keep up the amazing work everyone.:kiss:

1 hour ago, Nate Simpson said:

Maybe one more little treat. Artist Sung Campbell was messing around with terrain the other day and took this lovely test shot:

image (1) (1).png

Looks more like a picture from a remote cabin in the high tundra. Just needs some moose walking around.

Very impressive work. Thanks for the update. :)

Good stuff! (Edit: That PBR metal look.)

Have you guys looked into virtual texturing for terrain? Good way to get crisp detail without blowing out rendering budgets. Seems like it'd be a perfect fit.

Edited by K^2

That is really nice. The glass is beautifully done and also the head movements within the helmet are just right, no bits of hair poking through, though guys are easier than the gals for that in KSP and the head moves within the helmet and the helmet also moves but not as much. Good job.

Also the grass is definitely greener on the other side of that hill ! I want to sing the sound of music !!

31 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

how easy it will be to create a matte look on the parts though.

33 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

Will there be the the option to turn off all the shiny?

This is with team colors turned off. When they're applied (which you've probably seen in other released footage), there's a coat of paint on the vehicle that is much more matte. You can apply different team colors (a primary and a secondary) either to the whole vehicle or on a per-part basis. You can also modulate the opacity of both team colors. Lots of rainbow rockets getting made here at Intercept!