Japris Stellar Neighborhood-The Interstellar Race!

Lewie

So, after being forced to drop out of the Beyond  Home space race, I decided to make my own...using @DunaManiac's  Japris Stellar Neighboorhood!

This IS NOT a JNSQ space race. But like many JNSQ races, this is based off of in-game time.

we will be playing with a  VERY /moderately high science multiplier....some of the kspie parts have very heft costs! And the tech tree will only be completed up to the Daedalus engine, other wise this would take forever to complete. 

The goal of the race is simply.  To put a self-sufficient orbiting colony and planetary base around/on Oppo. Special thanks to @DunaManiac for this wonderful, high quality mod.

I will write up a list of milestones later on, each will include a set amount of points. The player with the most points at the end of the race wins.

The Race will start one week from know, Saturday, November 21, 2020. It will end at a time yet to be determined. 

This will be a science mode game. Career would be ideal, but the kspie parts are too expensive to be used in a space race. (it would take forever to get the necessary funds!) The science multiplier will be 130%.

Just DM me with your flag and country/company name, and I'll put you in the Roster.

Mod list-

Extra Planetary Launch Pads (for interstellar vessel only!)

Kerbal Planetary Base System

KSPIE

Japris Steller Neighborhood

And qol mods that you see fit (EVE, KER, etc. etc.

Mechjeb is not allowed.

Milestones

Points will be given to whoever does following-

Orbit around any celestial body(+10)

Science returned from a celestial body (+15)

Landing on said celestial body(+15)

Landing a crewed mission on said celestial body(+25)

Sending a colony/orbiting colony to said celestial body(+35)

Finally-

An orbiting colony and/or surface base on/ around Oppo

For every kerbal over 25 (+5)

Only an Orbiting colony (+50)
Only a surface base (+60)

Surface base and Orbital colony (+90)

Also...an additional 10 points will be given to the person to who creates the most visually/and/or functional base/colony.

Roster-

@Lewie

Green Origin

q5Zx8eC.jpeg

@DunaManiac

Kerbin Federation

YgF6E7Z.png

@AccidentalColonies

Kahos Theory Spaceflight & Spacecraft

j2FuRSU.png

@sir rocket

Phoenix Aerospace Corporation 

Cheers!

-Lewie

Edited by Lewie

8 hours ago, Lewie said:

So, after being forced to drop out of the Beyond  Home space race, I decided to make my own...using @DunaManiac's  Japris Steller Neighboorhood!

This IS NOT a JNSQ space race. We will be using kerbalism, however...

The goal of the race is simply.  To put a self-sufficient orbiting colony and planetary base In the Aryaa system. 

I will write up a list of milestones later on, each will include a set amount of points. The player with the most points at the end of the race wins.

The Race will start one week from know, Saturday, November 14, 2020. It will end at a time yet to be determined. 

This will be a science mode game. Career would be ideal, but the kspie parts are too expensive to be used in a space race. (it would take forever to get the necessary funds!) But we will be increasing the distance of Aryaa. (distance yet to be determined)

Just DM me with your flag and country/company name, and I'll put you in the Roster.

Mod list-

Kerbalism (default config)

KSPIE

Japris Steller Neighborhood

Kerbal Planetary Base systems

Space Station Expansion Redux

And qol mods that you see fit (EVE, KER, etc. etc.

Mechjeb is not allowed.

Roster-

@Lewie

Green Origin

q5Zx8eC.jpeg

Cheers!

-Lewie

Also, have you tested it in Careermode? I haven't tested it much and I just want to confirm whether it was possible to get to interplanetary in JSN, which was the main reason I added Resola.

1 minute ago, DunaManiac said:

Also, have you tested it in Careermode? I haven't tested it much and I just want to confirm whether it was possible to get to interplanetary in JSN, which was the main reason I added Resola.

Oh yeah! It’s totally possible, actually. 

1 minute ago, Lewie said:

Oh yeah! It’s totally possible, actually. 

Oh good, I was starting to worry it was too hard, but hey, there's always Resola to help you out! I think you should change the goal to a manned surface base and orbital colony around Oppo. It seems like a good endpoint to the race and it feels like the ultimate endgame to the KSP, to settle on a habitable world in another star system.

1 minute ago, DunaManiac said:

Oh good, I was starting to worry it was too hard, but hey, there's always Resola to help you out! I think you should change the goal to a manned surface base and orbital colony around Oppo. It seems like a good endpoint to the race and it feels like the ultimate endgame to the KSP, to settle on a habitable world in another star system.

Yeah good point! I’ll update the op

Just now, DunaManiac said:

P.S, Arayya is spelled Arayya, not Aryaa.

Also, is it possible for a the creator of the mod to enter a space race using their own mod?

Whoops! That’s embarrassing, lmao.

And yes, yes it is! What’s your country/company and flag?

12 minutes ago, Souptime said:

ALso isnt it spelled "Stellar" not "Steller"? and why were you kicked out of the BH space race?

1. I’m not at home, so I am typing on a phone. Spelling errors are to be expected.

2. None of the mods would play nicely. Couldn’t figure out how to make it work, so I dropped put.

2 minutes ago, sir rocket said:

i would like to do this. when does it start?

It will start one week from now, depending on if any more people join. Just dm with your flag and country/company and I will add you to the roster. Welcome aboard!

14 minutes ago, Lewie said:

It will start one week from now, depending on if any more people join. Just dm with your flag and country/company and I will add you to the roster. Welcome aboard!

ok. can I just use the stock sentinel flag, though? and will it be on 1.9 or 1.10. what about DLCs?

Edited by sir rocket

20 minutes ago, sir rocket said:

ok. can I just use the stock sentinel flag, though? and will it be on 1.9 or 1.10. what about DLCs?

Sure! It can be on either version, as long as you’re using KSPIE for the final stretch of the challenge. DlCs are totally fine. Will you be going as Sentinel, or a different name?

Edited by Lewie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.