[1.11.x] Soyuz TMA and R7- v1.0 (09/11/2020)

VoidCosmos

Soyuz TMA and R7

Soyuz%20TMA%20and%20R7-1.0v-redLicense-MIT-brightgreenCKAN-Indexed-blueSpaceDock-Listed-blueGithub-Indexed-blueKSP%20Version%20Supported-1.2.0%20and%20

@DECQhas given me his blessings to continue this wonderful mod! Thanks!

Description 

This Mod aims to the recreate the Russian Soyuz Rocket and Spacecraft in Kerbal Space Program.

The original thread is linked below

Pictures (open spoiler below)

Spoiler

13203758.png

13203757.png

This Mod includes:

Spoiler

R7:

HD replica with integrated lower stage engines.

Working verniers and winglets.

Reaction nozzles for stage separation, using excess oxidizer in the tanks.

RD-0110 and RD-0124 engines, for Soyuz U and Soyuz 2 configurations.

Fregat upper stage and ESA payload fairings for the Soyuz ST configuration.

Soyuz&Progress:

High quality replicas with working a working descent module IVA.

Separate RCS systems for precise pointing and translation.

Animated engine cover.

Docking port compatible with stock Clamp-o-tron and equipped with an extendable probe for soft docking.

Easy to use solar panels.

Realistic separation module sequence.

Requirements:

RasterPropMonitor

Which can be found here: 

Download: 

m0a7tn2.png

Licence: MIT  

Credits: @DECQ: Original Author

@Dragon01 : Original Author

@MoNsTroo

@kerbinorbiter

@Cerberus

@VoidCosmos: Current Maintainer

No logs=No support 

YdYfStN.jpg

Edited by VoidCosmos

2 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

v1.0: Adopted mod. Fixed most of the part labelling.

Sorry, but I don't get it. I've just gone through the files and nothing changed. Its basically just a re-upload, you also still bundle the old RasterPropMonitor from 2016. Another heads up, you seem to have accidentally included the Source Code of CollisionFX. See below:Pilei3t.png

1 hour ago, ValiZockt said:

Sorry, but I don't get it. I've just gone through the files and nothing changed. Its basically just a re-upload, you also still bundle the old RasterPropMonitor from 2016. Another heads up, you seem to have accidentally included the Source Code of CollisionFX. See below:Pilei3t.png

Oops! 

Will fix that very soon

Thanks!

Edited by VoidCosmos

38 minutes ago, Furiousgaming34 said:

Hey just wanted to ask if there is RO configs for this mod, I have a RSS/RO save and I think this mod would fit quite well into RO considering there isn't much options for the TMA version of the Soyuz in RO. I'll ask the RO thread as well.

Thanks

It has them already. Maybe they need small tweaks here and there

Hi,

Thanks for this wondeful Mod.
I Play on KSP on Linux, and this mod causes the initial loading to be very slow. I have tested it on a fresh new KSP install with no other mods.
Otherwise the mod works great.
I can share logs or give other informations on request.

5 hours ago, Wsu said:

Hi,

Thanks for this wondeful Mod.
I Play on KSP on Linux, and this mod causes the initial loading to be very slow. I have tested it on a fresh new KSP install with no other mods.
Otherwise the mod works great.
I can share logs or give other informations on request.

I guess I need the logs 

Hi again,

Here is my KSP.log file.
After some investigation, here is the problem: very long loading time (half a second for each elements in squad / squad expansion folder).

While on the game I can make the rocket from it's part successfully. But when i try ti make a fly, the game generate no more than 1 or 2 frames per seconds.

Here is the complete KSP.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JYDbubaoHKhmRhmznfzRvwOZOwnOeKjj/view?usp=sharing

And a pic of some error printed by the shell running KSP. All there erros happens only when I launch the flight.
soyouz-bug.jpg

On Microsoft Windows, the Rocket work great, except one thing:

When i try to throw away the first stage, one or two boosters collide with their engine side to the second stage. It's pretty impossible to have a nice staging, except if the rocket faces straight Up and burns perfectly prograde.

Please do not hesitate to ask me things to to to investigate more about the error I encounter on my linux system, i will do all i can to help.

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I like your Soyuz very much. It inself and in combination with the Angara Rocket it is a great addition to my play.

However I have the problem, that ihe animated engine cover will not work. The engine fires but the animation does nothing. The cover stays closed.

Do I need some other mods to have the animation play?

Greetings from Germany,

Isabelle

5 hours ago, Wsu said:

Hi again,

Here is my KSP.log file.
After some investigation, here is the problem: very long loading time (half a second for each elements in squad / squad expansion folder).

{snip} 

Could you please try the latest version of the mod? Using the latest version of RasterPropMonitor? 

3 hours ago, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

However I have the problem, that ihe animated engine cover will not work. The engine fires but the animation does nothing. The cover stays closed.

Do I need some other mods to have the animation play?

Let me just check 

6 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

Could you please try the latest version of the mod? Using the latest version of RasterPropMonitor? 

Let me just check 

Hi, My Raster prop monitor is v0.31.4 and I use the 1.10.1 version of the mod. The error is still here.

I also made a lot of launches this afternoon: the ejection engines for the boosters do not work with only 4 kN, i had to set it to a minimum of 35 otherwise the 4 boosters collide with the second stage and break it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, VoidCosmos said:

Let me just check 

OK, I found the error. It was quite simple.

On the PAO the animation for opening and closing the SKD cap didn't play. On the PAO of the Progress it did. Since I didn't use the Progress until today I didn't notice that.

Now I compared both cfg-files and it was obvious: The 'animation generic' module of the PAO was remarked as comment. It has the '//' before every line. I saw that earlier, but I thought it has to be. But in the cfg-file of the Progress it wasn't remarked as comment. So I deleted the '//' and now everything works as it should.

Greetings,

- Isabelle

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.