[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

Side note. New version of Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras available on SpaceDock

Version v1.0.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3  Released on 2022-08-18

• Changed water universal spawn points for Kerbin Side Remastered Naval Air Station sites from visible to invisible
  • Added Nav Utilities support files in the Patches Directory. Installation notes are in the comments of each file
    • AirstripNavUtilRunways.txt is for the older Nav Utilities Continued mod
    • KerbinsideRemastered2.txt is for the newer Nav Utilities Updated mod (NAVInstruments)

Love these mods, must have for building planes!

Wondering if some ModuleManager magic for the NavUtils (new NavInstruments LGG) for both mods - though the main one doesn't have the file, it looks almost the same. I reckon a "Runway:NEEDS[NavInstruments]" would mean the text files could always be present as .cfg files? Unless there's a reason? Could even support both new and old since they'll have different directories?

I'm happy to have a go, test and send you a github PR.

11 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Unless there's a reason?

Tried writing it as a patch, and MM does not seem to like my attempts. If your MM-fu is better, please take a stab at it. The only requirement is that it should load as the FINAL otherwise the runway order in the mod GUI get's screwed up with the less used airstrips listing before the runways. 

6 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Tried writing it as a patch, and MM does not seem to like my attempts. If your MM-fu is better, please take a stab at it. The only requirement is that it should load as the FINAL otherwise the runway order in the mod GUI get's screwed up with the less used airstrips listing before the runways. 

https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras/pull/1

I can see why you had issues:

• Firstly there was a missing "{" right at the start which meant it would never work (so nobody has done this), took me a while to figure that out.
  • Then MM does not allow FINAL on inserts, as all inserts happen first. I can see no easy way to insert them last. However since the default is to only show runways within 100km, I don't think this is much of an issue for most people.

The only solution I can think for that latter would be either to rename the mod to zzzKerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras (so the inserts happen after most things), or change how NavInstruments orders runways, perhaps a "priority" field or similar. But I doubt either is worth the hassle.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 hour ago, 610yesnolovely said:

But I doubt either is worth the hassle.

This arrives back at the starting position. The missing brace was an edit error on my part when converting from the old version of NAVutils. However each runway with valid braces loads correctly. My goal was to try and load all runways in a logical order, but as you say, no Final on inserts.  

Originally all the runways loaded in correct order because the original GAP runways loaded prior to the GAP Extras. Since moving the GAP runways into the NAVInstruments mod itself then load after GAP Extras load. 

Perhaps I'm just overthinking it because NAVInstruments does only list runways withing 100 kms when making manual changes, whereas in the old version you had to cycle through all the runways. :sob:

Pull accepted. I'll playtest it this way for a bit and see how it goes with the instrumentation use to select the runways from the local availability

Thanks for looking into this.  

9 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Pull accepted. I'll playtest it this way for a bit and see how it goes with the instrumentation use to select the runways from the local availability

Nice. I've been playing around the KSC, and it's not noticable. I think 100km is the default, but if you turn that off then yup, a lot of cycling. But NavUtils isn't for way point finding - use Waypoint Navigator.

Hi @Caerfinon !
Thanks for keeping working on this mod, and improving it !

I just ran into an issue with the latest update : It just removed all the 'prime' contract from the contract panels. I can't find them anymore... The one I had just got deleted (and failed), and the 'prime' category is missing, and no other contract are like thoses (transport 50-80 passengers to ...). I reinstalled the previous version (v2.1.0), and it works just fine... Let me know if I can help with providing anything !

12 minutes ago, Sppion1 said:

It just removed all the 'prime' contract from the contract panels.

The type 3 flights that transport 50-80 kerbals were playing silly bugger with the FPS of many users, so they have been re-written to focus on the size and capacity of the aircraft, but to reduce the passengers to 12-16. You still get to fly large aircraft based on MK3 parts and some large parts from Airplane Plus and some other mods.  The initial reason to have Trans Kerbin Airlines Prime as  separate contract group was originally to allow people with less performing PCs to turn them off in Contract Configuratior  settings. Since the FPS issue is removed, the need was no longer there and type 3 flights are now with the main airline group. 

You should complete all your type 3 flights, and then upgrade to the new version to ensure your contracts are completed.  

This information wasn't readily apparent on the wiki page, but I have made changes to it to make it more clear. 

12 minutes ago, Sppion1 said:

Thanks for keeping working on this mod, and improving it !

You're very welcome. More things to come. Fly Safe. 

Edited by Caerfinon

31 minutes ago, Sppion1 said:

I didn't validated some requirement ?

The new type 3 missions should unlock is you opened airports and unlocked the mk3CrewCabin 

If it's not working for you I can look at your ksp.log but you'd need to turn on Contract Configurator verbose logging.   See the file GameData\ContractConfigurator\ContractConfigurator.cfg.default for details. 

31 minutes ago, Sppion1 said:

That's awesome :cool:

Roadmap Stuff:  All tracked in the issues on GitHub

1.  Some QoL Kerbal Konstructs additions - (helipad launch sites. Air terminal visible markers etc.)
  2. GAPX - setting the framework to start offering contracts centered around the KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras airstrips and surrounding areas
  3. Sky Med - timer based missions to provide medical aid and disaster relief/evacuation to remote locations
  4. Jeb's Junkyard - a port of the JNSQ-KSRGAP cargo flight missions
  5. Whatever else I think of... suggestions welcome. 

Edited by Caerfinon

Testing some revamped United Knations  missions. It's the only agency that doesn't have an introduction mission. In the process of making that I stumbled into; 

• revamping the airport procedures sections to align with the normal flight mission procedures for passenger related missions and cargo flights. Other UK missions are left as is. 
  • Changed the UK Observers and VIK characters to a new trait "Civil-Servant" (with a patch for Community Trait Icons). 
    • Civil-Servants have no useful skills except to be passengers. My wink and a nod towards realism.

NOTE:  When this is merged in the next release, offered UK missions will disappear and only the introduction mission will be available. Once that is complete, UK missions will return as normal.  Active missions should still be able to be completed with the old definitions as they are saved in the persistent.sfs (need to test this)

Edited by Caerfinon

Sorry to bother with this... i'm opening Meeda line, but when i arrived at the airport i am correctly "detected as so" however i have no waypoint for the terminal, is there a way i can check for the coordinates on the files?? tried eyeballing it (around the entire base) but no luck...

thanks!

1 hour ago, GabeTeuton said:

Sorry to bother with this... i'm opening Meeda line, but when i arrived at the airport i am correctly "detected as so" however i have no waypoint for the terminal, is there a way i can check for the coordinates on the files?? tried eyeballing it (around the entire base) but no luck...

thanks!

okay i found it, i'll see if i can manually create a checkpoint to the coordinates on the files, see what happens and report back, maybe some of my other mods messed with this specific contract somehow (i have no idea what i'm talking about)!

results:

i found the correct coordinates, got there the "entering blablabla" thingy popped up, however the contract timer is not moving... anything i can do other than complete the contract thru the console?

reviewing my persistent:

per caerfinon's last comment i reviewed my persistent just to see what was there... i noticed that under the parameter "KerbalDeathsCustom", a kerbal is listed that belong to a previous mission, a navy patrol near KSC, i started the mission with the passengers of both contracts, (the patrol had a water landing as an optional objective and wanted to try it...) i ended up doing the patrol mission without issues, but thought about returning to KSC before heading to meeda, as during the water landing a little bit of the airplane was broken, nothing strictly needed... but ksc was on the way to meeda... so i landed and recovered everything, then removed 4 out of the 6 drag parachutes i had on the plane, and launched it again from ksc, reboarded the pax from meeda contract and proceeded to take off... maybe the fact that i "started" the contract with a kerbal from another contract which i didn't take to meeda is messing with it???

Edited by GabeTeuton
add results & review persistent

1 hour ago, GabeTeuton said:

the fact that i "started" the contract with a kerbal from another contract which i didn't take to meeda is messing with it???

This. 

Passengers must only go on the missions they are assigned to. If you go to the debug console you can go to the active contract section and just complete the one that is not working for Meeda, and chalk it up as something new learned. 

Ironically, I'm flying to Meeda as I write this 

Edited by Caerfinon

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

This. 

Passengers must only go on the missions they are assigned to. If you go to the debug console you can go to the active contract section and just complete the one that is not working for Meeda, and chalk it up as something new learned. 

Ironically, I'm flying to Meeda as I write this 

Thank youuu!!!!

Testing new passenger handling for flights.  Issue 64

• Prevents tourists from cluttering up the Astronaut Complex on failed missions
  • removes the need to DestroyVessel on failure due to the above. 
  • Passengers can no longer be preloaded in the SPH, but must be done on the runway. 

New Airport map is available. It covers all the normal airports, the airstrips added by KSR Gap Extras, the sites added by The Life Aquatic, and the sites added by the Panocean Canal. 

gPbd2Epl.jpg 

Click on picture for original size 

Also Bill has been inspecting the new TKA Arrivals Signs before general deployment to mark the Air Terminal locations at the major airports. 
VDUWBjp.png 

For people like me who don't like waypoint markers visible while I'm flying, but can't always remember where I put the darned terminal at every site. ;p

Upcoming changes:

KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras - Pre-Release v1.0.5-RC1 on GitHub

• Launch Sites and Recovery Base KK functions removed from airstrips. This unclutters the KK launch window of 20 bases that are not intended to be launched from. A CustomWaypoint.KSRGAPEX.cfg file is included that can be imported into WaypointManager to give a map view of the airstrips.
  • Harbours for Naval Air Stations have been migrated into KerbinSideRemasteredGAP  

KerbinSideRemasteredGAP  - Pre-Release v2.1.2-RC2 on GitHub

• UK introduction mission changed from random destination to Dununda Airport which is designated as the UK HQ location
  • The UK introduction mission must be completed before more UK missions will be offered. 
  • If you have the mod Kerbin Side Core (on CKAN: a collection of original assets but no defined bases) then the UK HQ building will appear near the Dununda Airport.
  • The function previously provided by Tourists has been replaced with new trait types. These kerbals will not stay in the Astronaut Complex if the missions fail. These passengers must be loaded while on the runway. They are not visible in SPH or VAB. Only effects these GAP missions. 
  • TKA Arrival signs have been positioned near the Air Terminal locations to give a visual clue of where to deliver the passengers/cargo without needing to display waypoints in flight. 

Feedback welcomed. 

6 hours ago, quangdinh said:

can you make the airstrips usable as launch sites?

That is not their intended use as far as the mod itself goes, however, there is nothing preventing the individual players from modifying the airstrips for their own use. It's your game, you should be able to play it the way you like.  

If you look at the guide Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs you can see how to add facilities to the Kerbal Konstructs static KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW.

Or you could edit the KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW-instances.cfg file of the sites and add/edit the LaunchSite section to look like the following;

Spoiler
STATIC
{
	pointername = KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW
	Instances
	{
		UUID = acb22c0d-d10a-4bb7-b1fe-28eda328427f
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = 156.236084,-79.1267624,-39.0712128
		Orientation = -6.73273025E-05,61.9123001,0.000198555805
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 1
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Aarash
		GrasColor = 0.910000026,0.850000024,0.610000014,0
		GrasTexture = BUILTIN:/terrain_grass00_new

LaunchSite
		{
			FacilityType = KKLaunchSite
			OpenCost = 0
			CloseValue = 0
			FacilityName = 
			LaunchPadTransform = runway_spawn
			LaunchSiteName = Aarash Airstrip
			LaunchSiteAuthor = Eskandare
			LaunchSiteType = SPH
			LaunchSiteDescription = Aarash Airstrip
			LaunchSiteLength = 0
			LaunchSiteWidth = 0
			LaunchSiteHeight = 0
			MaxCraftMass = 0
			MaxCraftParts = 0
			InitialCameraRotation = 90
			ILSIsActive = False
			ToggleLaunchPositioning = False
			OpenCloseState = Closed
			LaunchSiteIsHidden = False
			Category = Other
		}
	}
}

Edited by Caerfinon

5 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

That is not their intended use as far as the mod itself goes, however, there is nothing preventing the individual players from modifying the airstrips for their own use. It's your game, you should be able to play it the way you like.  

If you look at the guide Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs you can see how to add facilities to the Kerbal Konstructs static KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW.

Or you could edit the KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW-instances.cfg file of the sites and add/edit the LaunchSite section to look like the following;

Hide contents
STATIC
{
	pointername = KSR_1700m_runway_SNOW
	Instances
	{
		UUID = acb22c0d-d10a-4bb7-b1fe-28eda328427f
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = 156.236084,-79.1267624,-39.0712128
		Orientation = -6.73273025E-05,61.9123001,0.000198555805
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 1
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Aarash
		GrasColor = 0.910000026,0.850000024,0.610000014,0
		GrasTexture = BUILTIN:/terrain_grass00_new

LaunchSite
		{
			FacilityType = KKLaunchSite
			OpenCost = 0
			CloseValue = 0
			FacilityName = 
			LaunchPadTransform = runway_spawn
			LaunchSiteName = Aarash Airstrip
			LaunchSiteAuthor = Eskandare
			LaunchSiteType = SPH
			LaunchSiteDescription = Aarash Airstrip
			LaunchSiteLength = 0
			LaunchSiteWidth = 0
			LaunchSiteHeight = 0
			MaxCraftMass = 0
			MaxCraftParts = 0
			InitialCameraRotation = 90
			ILSIsActive = False
			ToggleLaunchPositioning = False
			OpenCloseState = Closed
			LaunchSiteIsHidden = False
			Category = Other
		}
	}
}

well, did it, thanks a lot, now i have bunch more places to take off my planes:)