[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

This is pretty much outside of where I want to go.

What would be better in my mind is if an outside mod such as Name Generator, or Kerbal Renamer ( https://github.com/KSP-RO/KerbalRenamer ) had the function to intercept the kerbal creation process and name them appropriately and return those names to the mod that generated the new kerbals. 

Okay, no worries, I'll just live with it. 

@Caerfinon With the missions that have the optional goal of water landing, it just says "come to a stop near" A little more clarity on how close would be nice. All the other markers on these missions have clear 5K range markers. I was doing this with a helicopter, so it was easier for me to land nearby, but with a plane it helps on the landing approach to know just how close I have to come to a stop.

DHrMBCV.jpg

Edited by vardicd

On 2/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, vardicd said:

Sperate inquiry, I use Severedsolo's name generator mod, in my install so all my kerbals don't have Kerman as a last name.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:06 AM, Caerfinon said:

What would be better in my mind is if an outside mod such as Name Generator, or Kerbal Renamer ( https://github.com/KSP-RO/KerbalRenamer ) had the function to intercept the kerbal creation process and name them appropriately and return those names to the mod that generated the new kerbals. 

This sounds like a CC issue - if they were calling "OnKerbalAddComplete" Name Generator would pick up on it automatically.

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, leoli6 said:

i got screwed :confused: i think there is no flight plan for "south hope" no ?
acwKzQs.jpg
KbjdZz0.jpg

I use Kerbinside and Kerbinside GAP, I've never found a location named South Hope, are you sure that's coming from base Kerbinside and not some other mod adding on to it? Also exactly what do you mean by no flight plan? Are you asking if there's no contract to open the location?

1 hour ago, leoli6 said:

i think there is no flight plan for "south hope" no ?

South Hope is an Airport in the Kerbin Side mod by GER_Space. This mod is for Kerbin Side Remastered by  Eskandare. 

The original Kerbin Side Gap by Keniamin has KramaxAutoPilot flightplan defintions for South Hope and details can be found in the following post:

10 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

South Hope is an Airport in the Kerbin Side mod by GER_Space. This mod is for Kerbin Side Remastered by  Eskandare. 

The original Kerbin Side Gap by Keniamin has KramaxAutoPilot flightplan defintions for South Hope and details can be found in the following post:

thank you a lot sorry for the inconveniance  ^^

Version v2.0.2  Released on 2021-02-11

updates:

• Issue 27 Rescue missions with spawned debris/crafts

• New UK Mission to retrieve data from a downed aircraft. Uses EVA Construction or KIS mod to complete
  • Issue 32 Stop requirements at landings need a duration timer

• wait for loading ramp to be deployed. Keeps terminal marker from disappearing too quickly
  • Issue 33 KSC runway marker at west end of runway. All other markers are in the middle of the runways

Minor issues:

• Other minor edits to various mission notes
Edited by Caerfinon

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I was looking through the wiki and noticed the "Civil Unrest contracts said that there would be a chance that the Kerbals would have air defense. Does this mean I will get shot at while trying to complete those missions?

This mod is way cooler than it originally sounded.

Just now, Kerminator K-100 said:

Does this mean I will get shot at while trying to complete those missions?

Yes... but it's an abstracted cool :cool:
The contract requires you to fly outside the KERPADS engagement range. If you don't then aircraft destroyed.

4 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The contract warns you before you accept it, and again with an in-game dialog pop-up... so buyer beware  ;p(and I have a mild "mean" streak...)

Well I'm still working on the 2500 m contract in GAP, so I don't have any of your contracts unlocked yet:sob:. But its still early game so I'll probably get some fun contracts soon.

Wait... does the mean streak mean there is more mean stuff?

3 minutes ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

does the mean streak mean there is more mean stuff?

It's more "house keeping" then mean. In order to prevent Tourists form over running the Astronaut Complex on failed passenger missions I have to destroy the aircraft. More on the wiki, look on the page under "Contract Failure".

30 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Yes... but it's an abstracted cool :cool:
The contract requires you to fly outside the KERPADS engagement range. If you don't then aircraft destroyed.

Uh, just had a thought, what's the high ceiling on the engagement range?  If I'm doing orbital operations with a craft or space station, or launching or reentering the atmosphere, with one of these missions active, am I going to have to worry about my craft's safety if my orbit happens to take me over one of these sites? 

Just now, vardicd said:

Uh, just had a thought, what's the high ceiling on the engagement range

KERPADS have a 5km engagement range. Orbital ships will be fine.  Low flying aircraft that launched from the KSC (thus meeting the mission's parameters) are at risk. Best to deploy the agent and remove the threat.

The threat is not active until the mission is accepted.    

Current Status:

Issue 34 - Expeditions - the ground game - Enhancement/Roadmap

Expeditions are long term deployments on Kerbin

• can be supported by air for resupply
  • for each BIOME on the planet
  • duration can be long
  • progress from base camp to additional camps (some camps have KK structures) local random way points to explore around each camp before proceeding. Parameters completed, + overall mission rewards science points)
  • travel on land/water/mountain climbing

Mapping out locations for expeditions.

Suggestions welcome.

Current status:

• Issue 35 - Navy Certification 1 cannot complete VAB landing when VAB structure is significantly different from stock
    • Removed the requirement to be "near" the waypoint over the VAB. Mission can complete now on VAB landing
    • Runway landing not affected
    • On GitHub now. Will be included in next release.

Current Status:

• Expeditions: Mountaineering contract in play-test
    • Contracts to climb 13 mountains on Kerbin
    • Begins with climb "Mt. Kaytoo" near the KSC in memory of the K2 rescue missions from the original GAP mod
    • After completion of that mission the contract randomly selects between 12 other peaks higher than 6000 meters including "Mt. Keverest"
    • A Climbing Piton part has been added to assist with the scaling of impassible mountain terrain. This part depend on the Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) mod being installed
      • It mimics a CB1 Block that can be attached to the ground and a Pegasus I mobility enhancer that kerbals can climb. It requires no tool to attach. It can be found in the Utility Category. 
    • The only requirement is to get within 5 meters of the summit and plant a flag
    • Details about how to get Kerbals and equipment from launch to the expedition site is left to the ingenuity of the player.
    • The real challenge is making the assault on the peak on foot...