[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

Version 2.0.8 now on Spacedock

• Added Strategia support
  • Added MechJeb runway support courtesy of @ColdJ
  • TSC site only shows if KSC Extended is installed in navigation tools.

With this version the contract pack is stable. Development work on KSR Airport "archaeology" and "aquatic" based missions will be released in separate mods.    

I've been having issues with prime (12-80 passenger) flights never registering arrival at the terminal and so the contracts can't be completed. Other flights to the same destination can be completed at the same time. Contract window shows all other prerequisites met. Is there somewhere I can submit a bug report? I still have this issue after updating to 2.0.8, after starting a new save, and after trying with only one flight / contract active. 

Here is an example showing the contract window; the passenger exchange was successful for 2 other Kola Island flights in this same spot but the larger flight is not recognizing that I'm at the air terminal. 

Screenshot

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, pandab34r said:

but the larger flight is not recognizing that I'm at the air terminal

Sorry, I missed this post. If it is still an issue can you post a ksp.log and the persistent.sfs of the game it occurs in?

KSP 1.12 Status update:

With a minimal selection of mods, I have confirmed that v2.0.8 of KSRGAP and v1.0.1 of KSR Gap Extras are working as expected (as is Kerbin Side Remastered and Kerbal Konstructs).

The supported navigation tools are also working as expected. I'm still testing out the mods I prefer to use one by one, but what follows is a "minimum" that functions.  Fly safe.

CAVEAT: the CTL-K edit function in Kerbal Konstructs is "borked" in 1.12 so adding or modifying things via the in-game editor is a no go. But facilities at existing statics seem to be OK.

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) (AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.16)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.16)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v5.2.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.3)
Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.1.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1)
Double Tap Brakes (DoubleTapBrakes 2.0.0.1)
Horizontal Landing Aid Redux (RCSLandAid 3.4.0.1)
Kerbal-Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs 1.8.1.15)
Kerbin Side Remastered (KerbinSideRemastered 1.0.1)
Kerbin Side Remastered GAP (KerbinSideRemasteredGAP 1:v2.0.8)
Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras (KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras v1.0.1)
Kramax Autopilot Continued (KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.4.0)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.0)
MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE (MechJeb2-dev 2.12.0.0-1082)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
NavHud (NavHudRenewed 1.4.0.4)
NavUtilities continued (NavUtilitiesContinued 0.7.2)
Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required (StockalikeStructures 0.0.12)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
TrimIndicators (TrimIndicators 0.1.0.3)
Vertical Velocity Controller Redux (TWR1 1.34.0.2)
VesselMover Continued (VesselMoverContinued v1.11.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.2.7)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Edited by Caerfinon

On 6/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, pandab34r said:

but the larger flight is not recognizing that I'm at the air terminal. 

I took a closer look at the code and there is a bug. The way-point for the destination Air Terminal is being set at the wrong coordinates. I will be releasing a fix shortly.

Issue 49 - Large passenger flights 12-80 cannot complete parameter at destination Air Terminal

Version v2.1.0 is available on Git-Hub - https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGAP/releases/tag/v2.1.0

• This is an update in support of the impending update to the KSC Extended mod.
  • If you do not use KSC Extended you do not need to update to this version. If you do update to the new version of KSC Extended when it releases, and you use KSRGAP you will need to upgrade to v2.1.0
  • When KSC Extended is officially launched to the public, v2.1.0 of KSRGAP will be updated on Spacedock and CKAN as the official version. 

• 1 month later...

Hey mate quick question, did you have to go in and manually set lat/lon cords and altitudes for all the bases, or are the contracts able to reference the statics added by KerbinSide Remastered? I had to move some of the bases around a little bit due to terrain changes when using a 3.2x rescale and I'm wondering if I'm going to need to go in and check all of the contracts as well, make sure they are sending things to the correct spot.

40 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

I'm wondering if I'm going to need to go in and check all of the contracts as well, make sure they are sending things to the correct spot.

All coordinate data is configured in the \GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSideRemasteredGAP\Groups.cfg. All contracts access the data from Group level data calls  You would need to change the data there to the data corresponding to your airports in the up-scaled Kerbin if they are different.  

Optional materials:

The patches for the Navigation tools would be completely useless in an up-scaled world and would have to be redone entirely from scratch.

• NavUtilities continued - You would need to use the in-game custom runway feature of this mod at the end of each runway to set the navigation and activate the markers
  • MechJeb 2 - You would need the coordinates of each end of a specific runway to define the  MechJeb2Landing flight  plans
  • Kramax Autopilot Continued - you would need the lat/lon/alt/hdg  from the end of each runway along with the glide-slope of the approach and the radius of the planet and then run those values through the fpgen.py script available in the following forum post to generate the flightplans.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, Caerfinon said:

All coordinate data is configured in the \GameData\ContractPacks\KerbinSideRemasteredGAP\Groups.cfg. All contracts access the data from Group level data calls  You would need to change the data there to the data corresponding to your airports in the up-scaled Kerbin if they are different.  

Optional materials:

The patches for the Navigation tools would be completely useless in an up-scaled world and would have to be redone entirely from scratch.

• NavUtilities continued - You would need to use the in-game custom runway feature of this mod at the end of each runway to set the navigation and activate the markers
  • MechJeb 2 - You would need the coordinates of each end of a specific runway to define the  MechJeb2Landing flight  plans
  • Kramax Autopilot Continued - you would need the lat/lon/alt/hdg  from the end of each runway along with the glide-slope of the approach and the radius of the planet and then run those values through the fpgen.py script available in the following forum post to generate the flightplans.

Ok cool, thanks a bunch for the info!

• 1 month later...

Little question (sorry if it was a repeated one):

in case of adding more airport (modded or custom made) will those be found and used by the contract pack, or are mission hardcoded only for KerbinSideRemastered bases?

(I have a lot of extra modded aiports based on KSR assets and I was thinking to develope some of my own, mostly)

14 minutes ago, Araym said:

in case of adding more airport (modded or custom made) will those be found and used by the contract pack, or are mission hardcoded only for KerbinSideRemastered bases?

The additional airports will not be automatically discovered by the contract pack.

That said, the code is written in such a way that you could add additional airports to it by adding the necessary definition data to the Data Nodes in the Groups.cfg file.

The navigation Utilities that are included in the mod would need to be created from scratch using some custom code.

Not impossible, but it would take some work.

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The additional airports will not be automatically discovered by the contract pack.

That said, the code is written in such a way that you could add additional airports to it by adding the necessary definition data to the Data Nodes in the Groups.cfg file.

The navigation Utilities that are included in the mod would need to be created from scratch using some custom code.

Not impossible, but it would take some work.

Thanks for the answer.
I'm not worried by adding my own: I guess that an intensively study of the missions already included will guide me in "duplicate" them with new airport parameters (locations and such).

Beside your own GAP airports, I kept tracking and using these:

(I will eventually add some of my own, but none are ready at the moment, waiting to have KerbalKonstruct sorted in 1.12 to work for creation/edit of new bases - I admit I'm too lazy to make a separated 1.11 install just for that)
I was just curious about the right way to integrate them, and you have pointed out the way. :D

I am *FINALLY* getting back to KSP after a fairly long hiatus!

While I assumed it would just be in JNSQ (with JNSQ Gap, of course!), your KSR GAP mod & other components made me want to spin off a stock Kerbin game as well. I wanted try bumping it to 2.5x scale for better BDB compatibility, but I'm realizing now how much that's going to also tweak positions for nav coordinates and the like.

Upon installing KSR, I noticed the extra taxiways are appearing  a bit north and west of where they should be, and it seems like the navutils runway definition is as well. Hilariously, the Outpost is now given a pride of place at the very end of the runway. This seems exactly as safe as Jeb would suggest.

Spoiler

CnfW3ty.png

I saw your earlier post about adjusting navpoints, etc., and I'll weigh the strain of needing to bother with that, or just save the larger-scale experience for JNSQ.

It's honestly hard to go back to stock-sized Kerbin after that, but if I'm just doing flying and underwater stuff, maybe I won't notice how easy it is to get to orbit. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, DPOHbl4 said:

Is there a way to increase rewards for missions?

If you use the Strategia mod then rewards are increased by adopting pilot focused strategies or the Contract Reward Modifier can be used to to tweak rewards in general.

It's been a while since I looked at the rewards part of the mod, but some of the smaller flights could stand to be adjusted slightly. I just haven't had the spare time of late to devote to the needed review.  

Glad you enjoy the missions.