[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

PRE-RELEASE Version v2.1.5-RC1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3  Released on 2022-11-08

Bug fixes:mad:

• KSRGAP01-LetsStartAnAirline Fails on part validation
    • removes the test for specific mods aircraft parts/modules.
    • start requirements now based on tech tree research nodes being unlocked
    • mks3 parts now not required for type 3, just vehicle capacity
    • most restrictions on aircraft design removed
  • Spawned Unowned Kerbals not removed on Contract failure conditions
    • On mission failures some new trait kerbals are converted to Crew and marked KIA/MIA
    • Roster Check contracts remove new trait kerbals from the lost Tab in Astronaut Complex automatically
  • Navy Rescue mission Fail on stalled timers
    • Timers not firing for contracts on launch. all timer parameters removed.

Available from Github: Kerbin Side Remastered GAP release v2.1.5-RC1

This pre-release is available for general testing. Back up your saved games before installation.  Feedback appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Version v2.1.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4 Released on 2022-12-13

Bugs

• Moved the TKA Terminal sign in Dununda. All VIK passengers at this airport were spawning inside it.
  • Removed references to UK Liaison from SkyMed Introduction mission, and then notices I had been spelling Liaison incorrectly in all United Knations missions as well. Very embarrassing.
  • Kerbin Geographics Organization mission were not using the new traits. This has been corrected

Available on SpaceDock

And now...  (pesky bugs)

Version v2.1.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4 Released on 2022-12-19

Bugs

• KGO observers still showing up in Astronaut complex
  • Added start dialog for Navy Patrol missions. Fixed Navy ATC Characters in dialogs

Available on space dock

• 4 weeks later...
I'm stuck on the first mission. I installed this mod from CRAN and am doing my first quest now. Not sure if I missed something, my plane flew over the test site but couldn't complete the test. I tried many models of aircraft but could not trigger the test.
Edited by Xiaofeng Wei

34 minutes ago, Xiaofeng Wei said:

I'm stuck on the first mission

Welcome to the forums. 

To complete the mission

• Your aircraft needs a crew capacity of 5
  • You need a pilot
  • The KAA inspector needs to be onboard
  • You need to wait for takeoff clearance on the runway
  • You need to fly over the test site above 2500 meters altitude, but within 5000 meters of the marker. 
  • You need to land safely at the KSC  Terminal. 

Posting a picture showing the position of you flight with navigation details and contract notes at the time of you flying over the site marker would be helpful.

I'm sorry that I haven't found a suitable way to upload the picture, so I can only upload it to Twitter first. My plane was capable of carrying 10 passengers and the inspector was on board, but I didn't see clearance before takeoff. You can see the plane is 2,500 meters above sea level, and the test point is almost below the plane, and I circled for a long time without getting a sign that the test had passed. My version of the game is 1.12.5, and I downloaded a lot of other mods, and I don't know if it's a version problem, a conflict between mods, or just a step that I missed.

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

欢迎来到论坛

完成任务

• 你的飞机需要5名机组人员
  • 你需要一个飞行员
  • KAA检查员需要登机
  • 你需要在跑道上等待起飞许可
  • 你需要飞越2500米以上的测试场地,但距离标记5000米以内。
  • 你需要在 KSC公司终端

在您飞越站点标记时,张贴一张图片,显示您的航班位置以及导航详细信息和合同注释,将很有帮助。

Edited by Xiaofeng Wei

2 hours ago, Xiaofeng Wei said:

I don't know if it's a version problem, a conflict between mods, or just a step that I missed.

You have completed the first two parameters successfully, and from the indicators in your picture you should have completed the certification test. Sometimes Contract Configurator forgets the Vessel-Id of a craft and any parameter associated with that craft cannot be completed. You have two options to obtain completion. 

1.  Go into the debug menu (Alt-F12) and cancel the contract and then accept it again and retry. This typically clears the issue, but not always. 
  2.  If that does not clear the issue Or you don't want to do step 1, go into the debug menu anyway and mark the contract as complete. This will cause the other flight contracts to be come active. 

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

您已经成功完成了前两个参数,从图片中的指示灯来看,您应该已经完成了认证测试。有时合同配置器会忘记某一工艺的Vessel-Id,并且与该工艺相关的任何参数都无法完成。您有两个选项可以完成。

1. 进入调试菜单(Alt-F12),取消合同,然后再次接受并重试。这通常可以解决问题,但并不总是如此。
  2. 如果这还没有解决问题,或者您不想执行步骤1,请无论如何进入调试菜单并将合同标记为已完成。这将导致其他航班合同生效。

Thank you for your guidance.

I followed your first option and solved the problem. Now I can continue to enjoy the rest of the module content, you really give me a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Xiaofeng Wei said:

Excuse me, does the bases have refueling facilities for aircraft?

Most of the bases have refueling facilities. You can access them using the KK icon in the toolbar when you land, or alternatively you can click on the building that houses the fuel and the interface will also come up. 

When designed, the refueling bases only had stock fuel available. Real fuel might have patched this to add kerosene, but if not, you can alter this in three ways. 

1. When you are landed at the base you can press CTL-K to go into Kerbal Konstructs edit mode, find the part that has the merchant facility and add they resource that you want the facility to offer. 
    • Or just pick a random part and add the merchant facility to it with the fuels you want. 
  2. Find the .cfg file inside   GametData/KerbinSideRemastered that defines the fuel facility at each base and edit them to add your resource to the configuration.  
  3. Write a Module Manager patch that adds your fuel to all refueling facilities. 
Edited by Caerfinon

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Jacksonzhangph said:

What might be the reason I can not rescue him

I'm assuming you are referring  to contracts where you rescue downed navy pilots. The pilots cannot be selected from the tracking station because the are unowned. You should be able switch to the kerbal by using the PC keys "[" or "]" to cycle through nearby kerbals/vessels/flags (Assuming you haven't remapped those keys to something else). 

If this isn't what you mean, then you will have to provide additional details.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kilonenenumber1 said:

any suggestions?

The Flight contracts have two validation parameters. The first is aircraft capacity and the presence of crew and passengers. The second is the launch which requires the aircraft be within 1600 meters of the waypoint maker and remain stationary for 5 seconds, when it completes you should get the clear to launch dialog box appearing. If you launch prior to the clear to launch, then the validation parameter has not been met.      

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

I can't get passed the first mission, because I don't see how to add the "KAA Inspector" to my vessel. He doesn't appear in the astronaut complex or under available crew.

Update: I fixed this by going into my save file and updating his status to Crew.
But now I can't satisfy the condition that checks if my location is at the KSC Runway.

BpzE61T.jpeg
I'm literally on the runway and it won't update...*sigh*.

On 5/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, Tortoise said:

Update: I fixed this by going into my save file and updating his status to Crew

If you change the kerbal to crew then it prevents the contract from completing. 

These contracts do not use tourists, they use 3 new traits for kerbals depending on the mission type. The details are in the wiki.

These new Kerbal traits are not visible in the astronaut complex and cannot be loaded prior to launch.  To get these passengers on your craft, you should launch it with only the required crew members onboard.  When the craft is on the runway , Contract Configurator will present you with a load passenger dialog. Choose the passenger group to load for the mission you are on and proceed with the mission. 

The contract in the current state should be canceled and retaken to be able to proceed.   

• 2 months later...

For people that use Kerbal Health, may run into the problem that loading Kerbals created by this Contract Pack, bugs the game and you can't save "bugged" Kerbals.
To solve this, what I've been doing is only EVA your Pilot and enter again the Plane. That fixes most of the problem. (Kerbal Health still doesn't know the new "type" of kerbals this pack adds, but all mission can be completed and then the Kerbal is deleted without problems)

I hope this helps ;)

• 1 month later...

First I'd like to say thank you for making one of my all time favourite mods, 80% of my time is spent in atmo and building planes. 

I was hoping someone here might be familiar with my issue, for some reason when I take TKA missions and fly out to the destination airport, the game often doesn't recognize that I have arrived at the runway or at the terminal and so I can't progress any further with the flight. I updated the mod and taxied around the airport some to see if maybe I missed a marker but no avail. Is this a common issue and is there a simple fix I missed? 

3 hours ago, SirLanceQuiteABit said:

I updated the mod and taxied around the airport some to see if maybe I missed a marker but no avail. Is this a common issue and is there a simple fix I missed?

There are a few things to look for.

1. Some of the airline missions have a "be cleared for take off" parameter that needs to trigger. It is presented as a dialog box while the airplane is on the runway. If you jump the gun and take flight before receiving the all clear, then the flight parameters at the remaining stops cannot be completed correctly.  The marker for the target runways is almost always dead center in the middle of or the runway. The terminal locations are physically marked with a fairly large TKA Sign. 
  2. Sometimes during mission set up Contract Configurator can return the incorrect waypoint coordinates to the contract. It's a bug I never really could figure out. 

The usual advice I give when these best laid plans aft gang agley is to fly the spirit of the mission, and when you reach what is supposed to be the final destination, go into the game debug console and mark the contract as complete. You will receive the payouts, and the passengers will be removed from the game correctly.  

I'm glad you enjoy using the mod, I had a pretty good time making it and I'm always glad to hear people still enjoy using it.  Fly Safe.