KSP Loading...: Some Reassembly in Progress!

UomoCapra

I do not wirte often these days in these forums, but let me say this after years of KSP:

Yeah give them bright graphics, give them lights, give them thrusters, post them big and bright make them happy.......

but whats the trains fuel? Right crinching some ugly things/bugs that got us form there to here and they go BOOOOOM... ;-P

As for me, put the whole fancy shiny stuff by the side and post in BIG BRIGHT LETTERS that you did somthing against these unerving sliding and you make our? but simply my day.

To put it simple

thank you!

From a mid range gamer since 0.19 (from spring 2013 when KSP first saw light on steam and add a K to everything there was instantly)

only ppl before that might write long time in my opinnion ;)

Edited by Nightmare

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

The weight on the 0.2t place anywhere RCS thruster seems too high when compared to the 0.0013t one. 

Yes, odd - the mass specs had escaped me until this post. The RV-105 was traditionally 0.05t, rebalanced to 0.04t in 1.07 (?), but here increased to 0.1t. The Place Anywhere should be half or less the mass
https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/RV-105_RCS_Thruster_Block

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Place-Anywhere_7_Linear_RCS_Port

very odd indeed

Very cool, looking forward to the 5-way RCS thrusters, as I have been making my own for years and it's a pain :)

Also love sticking to the ground a bit more, though...

7 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

vessels without landing legs or wheels

This happens to vessels WITH landing legs and wheels, too :)

Warp to Sunrise Anywhere is great, too. Looking forward to these QOL improvements!

19 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Blocks are getting 5-, 4- (the original configuration), 3- and 2-horned Orthogonal variants.

This is awesome!

Warp to Sunrise

We are adding a new button alongside the Warp arrows that when clicked will warp the game until the sun rises over the currently visited celestial body for the landed vessel. That way players won’t ever miss those sunrises.

What happens if you're on a tidally locked planet? :cool:

Additionally, both the RV1X and the classic RV-105 Thruster Blocks are getting 5-, 4- (the original configuration), 3- and 2-horned Orthogonal variants.

I still think there's a critical variant that should be included: 4-way blocks with two thrusters at 90 degrees to each other in one plane, and two at 180 degrees in a second plane.  This allows thrusters to be placed at +/- 45 and +/-135 degrees, relative to spacecraft azimuth circumference, while still thrusting at 90 degree increments.  See the Apollo Lunar Lander ascent stage.

220px-Apollo_17_LM_Ascent_Stage.jpg&f=1&

33 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

I still think there's a critical variant that should be included: 4-way blocks with two thrusters at 90 degrees to each other in one plane, and two at 180 degrees in a second plane.  This allows thrusters to be placed at +/- 45 and +/-135 degrees, relative to spacecraft azimuth circumference, while still thrusting at 90 degree increments.  See the Apollo Lunar Lander ascent stage.

220px-Apollo_17_LM_Ascent_Stage.jpg&f=1&

Use the orthogonal 3-way horn and just add a Place Anywhere Linear RCS port for the fourth side.

21 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Landed Part/Vessel anchoring 

A side-effect of the game’s physics has caused some headaches by having vessels without landing legs or wheels to slowly slide when they are resting on the ground under different circumstances such as steep slopes. To help the players deal with this, we will be adding a new internal function to vessels to help anchor themselves to the ground. Similarly, we have improved Kerbal friction, which basically means that our little green astronauts won’t slide so easily from steep slopes either.

Praise be. This finally puts a stake through the heart of what is probably the single largest individual issue I've had with KSP since for ever.

(Yes, I like to set up kosmodromes, and it's really irritating not to find your things where you put them.)

4 hours ago, dprostock said:

When?

Soon TM

But more seriously, as no stock planets in the game are totally locked to the sun, they may just not support that and it's up to the player modding the game to know to not click it.

Also, like the current warp to sunrise, I expect you can cancel it.

6 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

Use the orthogonal 3-way horn and just add a Place Anywhere Linear RCS port for the fourth side.

That means doubling my RCS part count and making CoM balancing of RCS thrust more complicated and prone to error.  I could make a block out of nothing but linear ports, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the block.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.