KSP Loading...: Some Reassembly in Progress!

UomoCapra

On 11/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, Angel-125 said:

I wonder if "Some Reassembly Required" could also bring about docking ports that weld together, such that the docking ports vanish and the parts attached to them come together. Like this:

FW52x0T.png

That's something I've tried to do unsuccessfully in the past, and it would be a nice feature that seems to fit with the theme of the update. :)

Roverdude made construction ports that did exactly this. Do they still work? Is he still on the team? 

29 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Roverdude made construction ports that did exactly this.

This is the mod referred to: 

FYI - it says "1.8.x" but several posts in the thread say it's compatible for 1.10.x. Love these things, would be cool if they had something stock like this as well.

Edited by scottadges

On 11/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, kerbiloid said:

A vomit ball.

It assumed the hydrostatic equilibrium shape, so could be a planet, if it was free. Its orbit would be definitely clean in KSP.

There is a vomit comet, so why not a vomit planet?

Pol SHOULD be called "Vomo" or something like that.

11 hours ago, snkiz said:

Roverdude made construction ports that did exactly this. Do they still work? Is he still on the team? 

They still work and I am still on the team, though I've not been involved in the 1.11 development.

Edited by RoverDude

On 11/12/2020 at 2:35 PM, Starseeker said:

Some really nice features so far! The new lights look great, and the new RCS varieties will be really useful on probes!

Also, if I may indulge in some rampant speculation:
This is a major update, so there's probably gonna be some significant feature added, and we haven't been shown it yet. The update's called "Some Reassembly Required"; reassembly of what? We've got work lights added, and parts on terrain have been stabilized in the backend.
...We're getting KAS (or a similar system) in stock, aren't we?

Been waiting to say it: You called it!

Edited by Maxsimal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.