how do i update a mod?

I am playing ksp 1.9.1 and i found an awsome mod caled taerobee that has been descontinued by the author

and somebody has returned it to github.

but aparently because it was made for an older version of the game the parts dont show in the VAB/SPH

i dont know much about programing but how can i "update/fix" this mod?

github: https://github.com/Peter-JY/Taerobee

original forum tread: 

Edited by noobkerblkat

The author provided some hints in the old forum;

I would suggest examine some working engine part configs and compare them to the ones from this mod to see if you can adapt them.

Also forum user @linuxgurugamer offered a while back to take a crack at reviving the mod, maybe approach him and see if he is interested in working on it with you.

Just some thoughts.

im sory to ask such a dum question, but im new to the forums

how do i should aproach @linuxgurugamer?

do i quote his post in the taerobee tread ?

51 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The author provided some hints in the old forum;

I would suggest examine some working engine part configs and compare them to the ones from this mod to see if you can adapt them.

Also forum user @linuxgurugamer offered a while back to take a crack at reviving the mod, maybe approach him and see if he is interested in working on it with you.

Just some thoughts.

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi, 

My understanding is that there are better X1 mods out there.

At this time I do not have time to be able to work on this

If I get some time I'll look at it

eaven if you cant help its ok 

(i can understan why you dont have time)

so im back to square 0 

does anybody else have more tips on how to fix the mod?(because i have no idea how to)

42 minutes ago, noobkerblkat said:

eaven if you cant help its ok 

(i can understan why you dont have time)

so im back to square 0 

does anybody else have more tips on how to fix the mod?(because i have no idea how to)

I will have a few minutes to look at it later tonite, will at least know what it  will need

3 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

@linuxgurugamer FYI, I've had this working on 1.9.1 with a really old copy of it, not one of the github clones. I removed it a couple months ago, but I'll see if I still have the files laying around.

If nothing else, the parts could use some balance which I'd be happy to do.

Sure.  I'm looking at it right now.  If you like, I've already cloned the repo and have done a basic pass through it, converting images to dds, fixing the categories, adjusting max temps, adding missing bulkheadProfiles, adding tags and formatting.  I will commit my changes in a little while,

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, noobkerblkat said:

how do i should aproach @linuxgurugamer?

Just like that :-)

Welcome to the forums.  I found some time, and have uploaded a initial pass to github.  @Clamp-o-Tron has offered to do a balancing pass, I'm going to wait for his input before checking the tank volumes.  It does work now, the repo is here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Taerobee

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just like that :-)

Welcome to the forums.  I found some time, and have uploaded a initial pass to github.  @Clamp-o-Tron has offered to do a balancing pass, I'm going to wait for his input before checking the tank volumes.  It does work now, the repo is here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Taerobee

10 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

@linuxgurugamer FYI, I've had this working on 1.9.1 with a really old copy of it, not one of the github clones. I removed it a couple months ago, but I'll see if I still have the files laying around.

If nothing else, the parts could use some balance which I'd be happy to do.

thank you both for your help!

its an amayzing comunity you have here in the forums :cool:

(and sory for my english, im not native) 

• 1 month later...

On 11/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Sure.  I'm looking at it right now.  If you like, I've already cloned the repo and have done a basic pass through it, converting images to dds, fixing the categories, adjusting max temps, adding missing bulkheadProfiles, adding tags and formatting.  I will commit my changes in a little while,

Awesome to see this kind of collaboration. A lot of GitHub projects operate under a fork-pullrequest model; you can collaborate in this way, commit directly, or even poke the old author to see if he'd accept PRs. But if it's semi-officially abandoned, your best bet might be a fork followed by subsequent collaboration. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

10 hours ago, TythosEternal said:

Awesome to see this kind of collaboration. A lot of GitHub projects operate under a fork-pullrequest model; you can collaborate in this way, commit directly, or even poke the old author to see if he'd accept PRs. But if it's semi-officially abandoned, your best bet might be a fork followed by subsequent collaboration. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

As it turns out, the license is (now) ARR, and the author does not want this mod to be continued, so I've stopped and deleted my repo of it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.