Revamp Of Shuttle/SLS Based Parts

I was looking at an old topic about orange version of the 5m parts, so I would to see a revamp of the shuttle/SLS based parts. A, 4.2m wide orange fuel tank because kerbal scale is half of human scale and the Shuttle ET was 8.4m wide. B, The vectors be slightly bigger or have a less powerful bigger version of the vector that is more like SSME (space shuttle main engines) . C, Bigger mono pro engines based off of the OMT (orbital maneuvering thrusts). D, Orion based capsule that is around 2.75m and other 2.75m parts. E, The pollox boosters have bigger nozels, have an aft skirt, be able to gimbal, and have a 4 or 5 segment versions. F, RCS pod on mk3 cockpit like the real one. G, Bigger LES (launch escape system) for Orion capsule. H, For the 4.2m tanks should have a white version, orange and sliver. Sliver for the starship because the starship is 9m. I, Revamp the rhino, mamath (sry for spelling) swivel, reliant, dawn ion engines. 

Edited by SomeOneWhoPlaysKSP

On 11/18/2020 at 9:23 PM, SomeOneWhoPlaysKSP said:

I was looking at an old topic about orange version of the 5m parts, so I would to see a revamp of the shuttle/SLS based parts. A, 4.2m wide orange fuel tank because kerbal scale is half of human scale and the Shuttle ET was 8.4m wide. B, The vectors be slightly bigger or have a less powerful bigger version of the vector that is more like SSME (space shuttle main engines) . C, Bigger mono pro engines based off of the OMT (orbital maneuvering thrusts). D, Orion based capsule that is around 2.75m and other 2.75m parts. E, The pollox boosters have bigger nozels, have an aft skirt, be able to gimbal, and have a 4 or 5 segment versions. F, RCS pod on mk3 cockpit like the real one. G, Bigger LES (launch escape system) for Orion capsule. H, For the 4.2m tanks should have a white version, orange and sliver. Sliver for the starship because the starship is 9m. I, Revamp the rhino, mamath (sry for spelling) swivel, reliant, dawn ion engines. 

"Kerbal Scale is half of human scale"

"4.2 meter parts"

Nowhere is this stated ingame or anywhere. 4.2 would also be a very awkward size to actually use, being unevenly between the 3.75m and 5m sizings, and would be probably be better to just add procedural parts.

Additionally, there are many ingame counterexamples to 50% scaling.

Shuttle parts: the real SRBs used by the shuttle are 3.71m. that's a scaling factor of 34%.

The real shuttle bay is 5 meters. Ours is 3.75m. scale factor is 75%

Command modules:

Vostok has a diameter of 2.5 meters while the Making History expansion Soviet capsules are significantly wider than 1.25 meters. Scale factor of 60%?

Our analogue to the Mercury capsule is 1.25 meters. Real thing was 1.9 meters. Scale factor 65%.

Sputnik: our Sputnik is about 0.8 meters. IRL is 0.585. scale factor 135%.

Kerbin itself:

Kerbin is 600 km in radius. Earth is 6370. 9.4% scale factor.

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

But it would be amazing to be able to color decoupler shrouds-so if you have a stock sls replica, you wouldn’t have a white faring, for example.

This is the one thing I want the most. The decouples along with shrouds should have different color variants. And even a special shroud for the ESA 2.5m parts

On 11/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, Pds314 said:

"Kerbal Scale is half of human scale"

"4.2 meter parts"

Nowhere is this stated ingame or anywhere. 4.2 would also be a very awkward size to actually use, being unevenly between the 3.75m and 5m sizings, and would be probably be better to just add procedural parts.

Additionally, there are many ingame counterexamples to 50% scaling.

Shuttle parts: the real SRBs used by the shuttle are 3.71m. that's a scaling factor of 34%.

The real shuttle bay is 5 meters. Ours is 3.75m. scale factor is 75%

Command modules:

Vostok has a diameter of 2.5 meters while the Making History expansion Soviet capsules are significantly wider than 1.25 meters. Scale factor of 60%?

Our analogue to the Mercury capsule is 1.25 meters. Real thing was 1.9 meters. Scale factor 65%.

Sputnik: our Sputnik is about 0.8 meters. IRL is 0.585. scale factor 135%.

Kerbin itself:

Kerbin is 600 km in radius. Earth is 6370. 9.4% scale factor.

The tank does not need to be at 4.2, I was just using the 50% scale. I was more of so thinking of 4.5 or 4.75 so it is closer to 5m then 3.75.

And also if ksp was half scale the mk 1-3 command pod should be 2.1m instead of 2.5.

Ksp scale is messed up but most parts are with in 70-40% scale. 

Edit: I was getting the half human scale from the 5m parts because the 5m parts is the replica for the Saturn V, and the Saturn V was 10m

The SSBs (Space Shuttle Boosters) were  3.71 and that number divided by 2 is 1.855 close to 1.825 so in reality the ksp boosters should be 1.825 other then 2.5

Edited by SomeOneWhoPlaysKSP

On 11/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, Lewie said:

It’d be great to see an orange variant for the Mammoth, honestly...

But it would be amazing to be able to color decoupler shrouds-so if you have a stock sls replica, you wouldn’t have a white faring, for example.

And have couplers adapt to bigger or smaller parts like 3.75 to 2.5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.