Need help with Kopernicus and other planet mods

Scotty65

Hi, Im pretty new to KSP. I have spent a few hundred hours playing and think im starting to figure some of this stuff out. I have pretty much explored all of the Kerbol system and was interested in trying out some other planets. I have done a fair amount of reading but I am lost as to how to do this. I found Kopernicus in Ckan but it has no box to check to add it to the game, same with the Beyond Home mod. I went to the forum page for Kopernicus and downloaded the latest version and added it to my game but when I started the game I got a message that it wasnt compatable with my game version (i have most current) and not to open any save games so I removed it and went back to forum page to read more but I am still lost. Any help would be great. Thanks

I think Im getting there. Foxxo posted a similar question a few hours before mine and through that post i think Im getting there. I have the correct version of Kopernicus on now, working on getting the correct version of Paralax and beyond home is downloading now. Hope this works.

yeah... it depends on whether you're on KSP 1.8.1, 1.9.1, or 1.10.1, as currently, there are basically seperate versions of Kop for each, and you must run the correct one.

Likely, you've found out that if on 1.10.1, you should be running R-T-B's Bleeding Edge fork. Then, just the latest versions of Parallax and Beyond Home. Just be aware that the Bleeding Edge fork, *is* called that for a good reason... So you may run into bugs and issues... but at least you'll be on all the correct versions.

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.