[1.12.x] Cacteye 2 Refocused Full Release

linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, cyberKerb said:

Do you think this will still work if the attachment system is converted to stock in-flight building / Inventory system? Or does this mod require a KAS specific placement of parts?

Doesn’t  matter.  If you can place the part using stock, it should work the same

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, cyberKerb said:

I figured, but it's been a long while since having the mod. I'll give it a go with stock over the weekend :P

Let me know.  I also hope to release the next (hopefully last) beta this evening.  I have the Occultation Experiment working now, and am just doing final testing

New Beta, 1.5.2.3

• Fixed nullref in editor when opening bay on Fungi
  • Fixed power consumption, was being called once every visual frame, now once every physics frame
  • Removed impactTolerance from all parts (not used anymore)
  • Changed references to FlightGlobals.Bodies[0] to Planetarium.fetch.Sun
  • Moved the config settings into the stock settings page
  • Added new experiment: Occultation
  • Created new windows:  Target Selection Window, Occultation Science Event Window (available on KSP, Tracking Station & Flight screens)
  • Replaced calls to Unity.Random with System.Random when not in DEBUG mode
  • Integrated Kerbal Alarm Clock with the Occultation experiment
  • Science return on the Occultation experiment will depend on how big the target is in the viewer
  • Fixed some spelling errors
  • Added Solar Filter to Occultation processor, to allow targeting items close to the sun
  • Science halved if SolarFilter is enabled
  • Disabled the explosions if solar filter is enabled

Available from here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CactEye-2/releases/tag/1.5.2.3

Known Problem:  The camera is not showing the skyboxes properly, sometimes there will be a grey background

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Souptime said:

No sandbox on a test/dev install

Ok.  The color may be different, I'll have to check.

But, you should see three different processors:

• Wide Field Camera Processor
  • Asteroid Camera Processor
  • Occultation Camera Processor

The one you are looking for is the Occultation Processor

ok so i found the problem, the part isnt even in the mod folder itself, im gonna try to install a new copy and see if its there

Alright i downloaded a new copy and i only found occulation3 instead of 12 and 3, but that might be the only one there so i dunno, but its fixed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 12:53 AM, Souptime said:

It would be cool if the telesopes coukd operate like the TST telescope

How do you mean exactly? I have found this updated Version of CactEye just Minutes ago and haven't tested it yet, but in my Experience from playing with outdated CactEye Versions, it is far superior to the Tarsier Telescopes, mostly because it actually adds the Science to the Bodies you are oberserving and not to the one you are orbiting (I love that). The only Thing I can think of is that the larger Tarsier Telescope may have better Zoom, but I have never tried that because the typical shaking even made the best Zoom on the CactEye and the small Tarier Telescope pretty useless.

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Just that you could zoom in and see the planets like in the TST telescope, in this version you cant do that you can only passively gain science

OK that's new to me. The Wide Field Camera did allow to Zoom in and take Pictures rewarding Science Points for the Body you took a Picture of, at least with the outdated Version. Or did you use the Occultation Camera? I didn't even know of that one (maybe it was added by @linuxgurugamer for the Refocused Version which would explain why I didn't know it yet) but it sounds more of a passive Experiment than the Wide Field Camera. Anyway, at least the old Wide Field Camera was great when you could do a little bit of Jool and beyond Research from Low Kerbin Orbit and you actually got Jool and beyond Science Points instead of just Kerbin. Taking a Picture of the Murph Black Hole (Event Horizon Planet Pack) rewarded over 1000 Science Points because of it's insane Multipler and a great Screenshot.

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Was added by myself

Haven't tried it as I don't have any Science or Carreer Mode Saves going on right now. But it sounds very promising so I'll definitely take a Look at it when I start a new Save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I am having a really bizarre issue.

I had the problem where i had a ton of duplicate entries in my tech tree, and did a bit of research until I figured out how to edit my save file and remove the duplicate entries. However, after doing so, I realized that the issue persisted and the duplicate entries continued to be added to the tree. This is for already researched nodes, and the entry in question is part = tele.gru1

I went back in and deleted the duplicates again, and after a few reloads I realized it is adding a new instance of part = tele.gru1 every single time I load my save file. So after each load, there is one additional duplicate added to my save files tech tree list under advFlightControl.

So after quitting and reloading my save four times I am back to 5 entries. It isn't doing this for any other Cacteye parts I already have researched.

part = tele.gru1
            part = tele.gru1
            part = tele.gru1
            part = tele.gru1
            part = tele.gru1

I apologize if this has already been addressed elsewhere and I somehow overlooked it. But if not, any ideas?

Edit : Also only just noticed that the exact same thing is happening for two parts in the surface experiment pack too.

Edit2: Also posted about this in community tech tree since I am guessing it could very well be an issue caused by that mod.

Edited by Hudsonkm

Thanks for the reply.

Will wait and see what they say. It is odd that it isn't happening to every part in the two mods where I am seeing it happen, but only to 1 part in the cacteye, and 3 parts in surface experiments pack. Even more strange is that I discovered that it isn't just every time I load the game, but it even adds an additional entry if I enter the VAB, and then exit, and then check the tech tree again! LOL no wonder I had hundreds of additional entries with these parts.

Edited by Hudsonkm

• 2 weeks later...