Jump to content

[1.12.x] Cacteye 2 Refocused


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

BETA  released 

 

f057105230ce15b89594502ddc1483dc.jpg

CactEye is a plugin and set of parts that allow for modular orbital telescopes. CactEye telescopes feature a fully-functional science system, and are upgradeable/serviceable (primarily through Kerbal Attachment System). Orbital telescopes also now become fundamental to discovering asteroids.

Parts

9AIUrCn.png?2
  • CactEye Optical System (left)
    The main part of the telescope; optical systems are the actual telescope part of the telescope.   This optics system comes with an aperture door to protect it from the sun's damaging rays.
     
  • FungEye Optical System (right)
    A 1.25m variant optical system which is cheaper, lighter, and less bulky. Of course, this part is much more limited - it only has a single-use aperture (once the aperture is opened, it stays open), and can only gather 10% of any possible science gain.
     
5b5doDG.png?1

 

R2b9kO8.png?1

 

Wide Field Camera Processor
Processors take the raw data from the optics system, do some wizardry™, and allow that data to be transmitted back home for scientific analysis. The Wide Field Camera is the most basic processor, and its use is simple. Just point the telescope at a celestial body, zoom in close enough, and snap a picture!

bRrV88P.png?1

Asteroid Camera Processor
This processor will allow for scientific experiments to be done upon discovered asteroids based on their size classification. If a telescope is left with this processor running, it will increase the rate at which near-Kerbin asteroids are found. This mod will change the default asteroid discovery rate from 1/2 or 1/3 to 1/100 chance to discover an asteroid. Telescopes with these processors will improve the odds of discovery an asteroid.

 

jgHRU5k.png?1

Occultation Camera Processor
This is the most advanced processor, and it is only available in the third and final generation of processors. This processor will continually compute random dates to observe a specific target. Observing the target at the specified date will allow for large science gains. It is very important to upkeep maintenance on your telescope for this processor.

 

LOYiaug.png?1

Processor Mount
Easily mount a processor anywhere! Surface attachable. Make sure to turn off angle snap if placing inside the cargo bay. Also, note that FungEye has its own internal mount (pictured right), so a new processor mount is unnecessary.

 

Service Bay (not pictured)
You need a place to put all this stuff! Also allows all your modules and whatnot to be accessible on later servicing missions.

F55xIMO.png?1
n4xkPkF.png?1

Gyroscope and Reaction-Wheel Unit (GRU)
These are more advanced reaction wheel modules that allow for their torque to be reduced to make very fine adjustments. These deteriorate over time, so you'll need to replace or repair these periodically.

lQ7F4w8.png?1

 

Solar Panel Array
This panel array features roll-out mechanics, like Hubble's first couple of arrays. It's rated at 8 e/s of charge.


Servicing Ladder (not pictured)
Goes nicely in the service bay.

aOWA0X6.png?1 Smobodobodyne SLIM Probe Core
A slim variant of the stock cubic probe core. It is radially mountable anywhere, but it does not feature any kind of reaction wheel.

 

WARNING! Never point telescope directly at sun!

 
AqHwxPl.png
Pictured: FungEye telescope fitted inside a Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter cargo bay.
 
COMPATIBILITY
 
RECOMMENDED MODS

None of these are required, however. The mod works on its own with no dependencies.

 

NOTICE
  • "Cacteye Telescopes Community Takeover" is a derivative work of "CactEye Telescopes Continued" by Angel 125, which is a derivative work of "CactEye 2" by Raven, which is a derivative work of "CactEye Orbital Telescope" by Rubber-Ducky (links to these old threads are unavailable, please let me know if you have them).
  • CactEye 2 Refocused is a continuation of the "CactEye Community Takeover".  The development thread of CactEye Community Takeover is here

Dependencies

Availability

CKAN soon

 

KNOWN ISSUES
  • There is some shaking visible at very high zoom levels. Remember that KSP wasn't built to measure the rotation of a vessel this precisely.
  • Planets can get some weird clipping artifacts, and their lighting is incorrect. Remember that KSP wasn't really built to see planets from so far away.
  • Solar panels occasionally block themselves -- just rotate the telescope a bit further so that they can find the sun

 

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, evileye.x said:

@linuxgurugamer, thank you very much for taking over this mod (in addition to hundreds you already have :) )

The shuttle in the picture is actually from KSO 

 

Another quite "dead" but nice mod.

I know, but it's a good picture, and I'm not about to remake it.  If you can, then let me know and I can replace it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beta release, 1.5.2

Grab it here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CactEye-2/releases

Note

The SpaceDust integration is disabled until a bug in SpaceDust has been fixed and released

Changes

  • Replaced stock toolbar with ToolbarController
  • Added support for the ClickThroughBlocker
  • Added impactTolerance to the following parts:
    • probeCoreSlim
    • tele_gru1
    • tele_gru2
    • tele_ladder
    • tele_solarpanels
    • processorAsteroid1
    • processorAsteroid2
    • processorAsteroid3
    • processorPlanetary1
    • processorPlanetary2
    • processorPlanetary3
  • Added tags to the following parts:
    • probeCoreSlim
  • Added bulkheadProfiles to the following parts:
    • probeCoreSlim
  • Replaced GetTexture calls with ToolbarControl.LoadImageFromFile()
  • Moved images (except for the flags) into PluginData/Icons
  • Fixed CactEyeAsteroidSpawner to check if vessel loaded or not, and use appropriate interface to get Active value
  • Added code to the DistantObjectEnhancement wrapper (DOEWrapper) to check to see if DOE is installed, if not then to exit the wrapper.
  • Renamed part files to match the name of the part
  • Fixed Nullref when closing gui
  • Added code to update number of processors whenever a processor is enabled or disabled
  • Added code to disable processor when apeture is closed
  • Added code to stop timewarp (once every 30 seconds) if telescope gets too close to the sun
  • Replaced all Debug.Log with Log.Info & Log.Error
  • Added patch to incorporate SCANsat functionality similar to the stock scanner
  • Added patch to incorporate SpaceDust scanning (for the SpaceDust mod)
  • Added code to work with the SpaceDust dll, if installed
  • Added 3 nodes on outside of tele_bay
  • Added camera positioning values, all Vector3: (needed for SpaceDust scope)
    • cameraForward
    • cameraUp
    • cameraPosition
  • Increased duration of "out of power" message from 3 to 5 seconds
  • When using SpaceDust, the telescope will remain open in the VAB.  Will be closed when launched
  • Added a narrow version of the service bay
  • Fixed a nullref when no processors were installed
  • Added snow to be shown when no processor is active/installed
  • Changed a number of "foreach" to "for (int i ....)" for speed

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamerthere's "Occultation Camera Processor" mentioned in the very first post. And there's "CactEyeOccultation" in science definitions of this mod. But I don't see neither that processor nor the science experiment in the game.

Grabbed the latest version. It's not for 1.10.1, right? 

Edited by Horus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Horus said:

@linuxgurugamerthere's "Occultation Camera Processor" mentioned in the very first post. And there's "CactEyeOccultation" in science definitions of this mod. But I don't see neither that processor nor the science experiment in the game.

Grabbed the latest version. It's not for 1.10.1, right? 

[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] Cacteye 2 Refocused
 

I’ll look for that processor.  Could be it was removed, but there is occulsion code in the mod

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] Cacteye 2 Refocused

Running KSP 1.10.1

I have an error while starting the game with this mod:

[EXC 11:09:31.145] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 11:09:31.147] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
SpaceDustWrapper 1.0.0.0 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\SpaceDustWrapper.dll

 

And if I remove that DLL, I get the message that says that that DLL is not compatible with my game version:

[EXC 18:14:57.734] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 18:14:57.737] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
CactEye2 1.5.2.1 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.dll

 

Edited by Horus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Horus said:

Running KSP 1.10.1

I have an error while starting the game with this mod:

[EXC 11:09:31.145] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 11:09:31.147] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
SpaceDustWrapper 1.0.0.0 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\SpaceDustWrapper.dll

 

And if I remove that DLL, I get the message that says that that DLL is not compatible with my game version:

[EXC 18:14:57.734] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 18:14:57.737] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
CactEye2 1.5.2.1 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.dll

 

Ignore it.  ModuleManager is reporting false positives.

As a test, I downloaded the latest beta from github and installed it. didn't have any errors starting up.  And even if you see errors like what you posted, if it is from ModuleManager,  you can ignore it

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ignore it.  ModuleManager is reporting false positives.

As a test, I downloaded the latest beta from github and installed it. didn't have any errors starting up.  And even if you see errors like what you posted, if it is from ModuleManager,  you can ignore it

I would gladly ignore it, but I cannot proceed further that point - the game's stuck on the loading process with the message mentioned.

LOG

Edited by Horus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here:

1.10.1  infinite loading loop with latest CactEye beta

[LOG 14:27:52.695] Expansion makinghistory detected in path C:\Games\KSP\GameData\SquadExpansion\MakingHistory
[LOG 14:27:52.696] Expansion serenity detected in path C:\Games\KSP\GameData\SquadExpansion\Serenity
[EXC 14:27:52.707] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 14:27:52.708] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
SpaceDustWrapper 1.0.0.0 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\SpaceDustWrapper.dll

with SpaceDustWrapper.dll removed:

[LOG 18:41:56.115] Expansion makinghistory detected in path C:\Games\KSP\GameData\SquadExpansion\MakingHistory
[LOG 18:41:56.115] Expansion serenity detected in path C:\Games\KSP\GameData\SquadExpansion\Serenity
[EXC 18:41:56.129] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 18:41:56.130] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
CactEye2 1.5.2.1 GameData\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.dll

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...