Jump to content

[1.12.x] Cacteye 2 Refocused


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great mod back then, but desperately needs a major overhaul today. Graphics are extremely outdated. Part scaling does not follow modern mods (CactEye does not fit into SOCK cargo bay, for example). Is there any way to add CactEye functionality to SpaceDust Hubble via MM patch? That would be great for both mods, since SpaceDust is pretty much collecting dust (no pun intended) due to nobody bothering with configs for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Great mod back then, but desperately needs a major overhaul today. Graphics are extremely outdated. Part scaling does not follow modern mods (CactEye does not fit into SOCK cargo bay, for example). Is there any way to add CactEye functionality to SpaceDust Hubble via MM patch? That would be great for both mods, since SpaceDust is pretty much collecting dust (no pun intended) due to nobody bothering with configs for it.

No argument there, if you read back in the thread you can see that I asked for someone to make an updated model.  I don't do models, so would need someone else to make one.

 

Config for the SpaceDust is already done and in the mod, just commented out for now.  Been a while since I looked at it.  The patch also adds the spacedust functionality to the Cacteye telescope.

You could do the same thing for the ResearchBodies telescope and there are also some telescopes in the SCANsat mod which can be adapted

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No argument there, if you read back in the thread you can see that I asked for someone to make an updated model.  I don't do models, so would need someone else to make one.

 

Config for the SpaceDust is already done and in the mod, just commented out for now.  Been a while since I looked at it.  The patch also adds the spacedust functionality to the Cacteye telescope.

You could do the same thing for the ResearchBodies telescope and there are also some telescopes in the SCANsat mod which can be adapted

 

Space dust does have a “Hubble”.  What ever happened to Cobalts Hubble also? I saw you asked ages ago, but I don’t know if he responded. 
 

I wish I had the ability to make models, I would help out if I could. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer - thank you for taking this one over! However, I think it needs a balance pass. I am using it in a JNSQ game because MOLE uses it - got a mission to take an image of Granus. That single image and the mission reward netted over 600 Science...

I assume the reward is based at least in part by distance from Kerbin? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, as usual late to the party on this one. Has anyone created an MM patch that adds this mod's CactEye functionality to the various telescope mods out there  (ResearchBodies, TarsierSpaceTech, ScanSAT, etc.)? If not let me know and I'll whip something up myself.

It seems like models in this mod are causing some trouble, and we have lots of pretty telescope models from above mods. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DuoDex said:

Hi, as usual late to the party on this one. Has anyone created an MM patch that adds this mod's CactEye functionality to the various telescope mods out there  (ResearchBodies, TarsierSpaceTech, ScanSAT, etc.)? If not let me know and I'll whip something up myself.

It seems like models in this mod are causing some trouble, and we have lots of pretty telescope models from above mods. :)

There are,working on getting a new model 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, Bombaatu said:

@linuxgurugamer - thank you for taking this one over! However, I think it needs a balance pass. I am using it in a JNSQ game because MOLE uses it - got a mission to take an image of Granus. That single image and the mission reward netted over 600 Science...

I assume the reward is based at least in part by distance from Kerbin? 

Where was the telescope when you took the picture?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beta release 1.5.2.5

  • Added two new telescopes, using model from SpaceDust (Thanks @Nertea)
  • Deprecated following parts
    • Fungi Telescope Optics
    • CactEye Telescope Optical Tube
       

Only available here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CactEye-2/releases/tag/1.5.2.5

If no problems pop up, I'll convert into a full release

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...