[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

While i was messing around with Waterfall, i got some weird distortion effect, maybe i could help to make this Warping Warp bubble like it was seen in Star Trek: Beyond

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALY692Tm_4&feature=youtu.be

How t do: Use Intergalactic Sizes of the Waterfall effect...

7 hours ago, PalowPower said:

While i was messing around with Waterfall, i got some weird distortion effect, maybe i could help to make this Warping Warp bubble like it was seen in Star Trek: Beyond

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALY692Tm_4&feature=youtu.be

How t do: Use Intergalactic Sizes of the Waterfall effect...

To do that would need some kind of distortion shader. I don't know if Waterfall can do that. But on the plus side, I have a new S3-2 Warp Ring to go along with the Size 2 warp tech parts (I really need to cap the warp tech at the Size 2 parts...). This is just the S3 Warp Sustainer's ring, but with the ability to configure the pylons for Size 3 and Size 2 parts, with or without endcaps. Since I have to configure the pylons, one of the options is no pylons at all:

AGZX6iA.png

This part is a bit trickier to use since you'll have to offset parts that attach to it. But you can do stuff like this:

eqJmMWf.png

Warp Tech parts completed! Get Blueshift 0.4 here.

New Parts

S-2 "Planet's Edge" Warp Core
S-2 Gravitic Generator
S-2 FTL Propellant Tank
S3-2 Warp Ring*
S-1 Warp Coil*
S-1 FTL Endcap Tank
Mk2 "Starflight" Warp Core
Mk2 Gravimetric Displacement Generator
Mk2 FTL Propellant Tank
Mk2 Warp Ring*
Mk2 Warp Coil*
* Has part variants

Changes

- Adjusted costs on the parts.
- Most of the parts can now be surface attached.
- Due to their versatility, warp coils now cost more to obtain the same performance as an equivalent Warp Ring.
- When in interstellar space, vessels can go much faster. You can change how much of a speed boost ships get by setting the interstellarWarpSpeedMultiplier in the settings.cfg file. The default is 1000, which is about 2.74 light-years per day.
- Warp engines now require a minimum planetary radius of 1 (down from 3) in order to go to warp.
- You can now combine warp engines to increase the displacement impulse (lets you move more massive ships).
- WBIWarpCoil and WBIModuleGeneratorFX can now support Waterfall along with animated textures and more traditional EFFECTS nodes.
- Added new WBIModuleHarvesterFX. In addition to resource harvesting, it can drive WBIAnimatedTexture modules, a Waterfall effects module, and EFFECT nodes.

---

Next up are some infographics to help new players, then on to the next FTL mode: jump gates!

8 minutes ago, warp_08 said:

The distance from the sun where the interstellar speed multiplier is active is really far. How can I change that?

GameData > WBI (WildBlueIndustries) > Blueshift > settings.cfg

There's a setting called homeSOIMultiplie, i think you need to set it lower

4 hours ago, warp_08 said:

The distance from the sun where the interstellar speed multiplier is active is really far. How can I change that?

3 hours ago, PalowPower said:

GameData > WBI (WildBlueIndustries) > Blueshift > settings.cfg

There's a setting called homeSOIMultiplie, i think you need to set it lower

The default 1.1 multiplier put the home SOI 10% past the distance of the furthest planet from the Sun. For the stock game, that would put it just past Eeloo.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

New infographics:

Zk6lTrp.png

Can you make it like in KSPI, that you can choose if you want to have instant an orbit when you go out of warp? Bcuz it's a bit complicated and This method spaghettifies my brain....

Edited by PalowPower

31 minutes ago, PalowPower said:

Can you make it like in KSPI, that you can choose if you want to have instant an orbit when you go out of warp? Bcuz it's a bit complicated and This method spaghettifies my brain....

That's actually something that I alluded to and am currently working on. :) There will be an option that you set in Game Settings -> Custom -> Blueshift that will let you "Auto-circulate orbit after warp."

9 hours ago, PalowPower said:

it is possible that Kerbal space program interstellar extended isn't compatible with blueshift, because my ksp will not start when KSPIE and Blueshift are installed...

Not that I'm aware, the two are separate. What errors are you getting for Blueshift?

7 hours ago, PalowPower said:

I don't get any messages, but my Ksp stops loading at "Loading asset bundle definitions". That was not until i installed Kspie.

Hm, without any logs I won’t be able to tell. Blueshift is made to be stand-alone and does not depend on any of my other mods, and the part names and resources and plugin classes are unique as well. If you have any of my other mods installed try removing them one by one. Also try installing KSPIE by itself with no other mods.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Hm, without any logs I won’t be able to tell. Blueshift is made to be stand-alone and does not depend on any of my other mods, and the part names and resources and plugin classes are unique as well. If you have any of my other mods installed try removing them one by one. Also try installing KSPIE by itself with no other mods.

It's has nothing to do with mods, i reinstalled KSP so it's pure stock, but it doesn't load... Idk whats happend to KSP but i guess Steam overrides some files, that are important to start KSP. And i don't know how to delete cloud files in Steam. So i will not be able to play ksp for now... :(

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Angel-125 I was pointed by a 3rd party to a support thread that was created to address this issue. It would seem that @PalowPower didn't install BARISBridge or WBT itself which are hard dependencies in anything you make.

That actually shouldn't be an issue with Blueshift. I have no dependencies to BARISBridge or to WBT. It is completely stand-alone.