[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

13 hours ago, redivh said:

The auto circulation is option is not showing up in the pause menu, how do I fix that?

And here you go!

Blueshift 0.5 is now available:

New Parts

S-2 Fusion Reactor
GR-06 Graviolium Container
GR-12 Graviolium Container
GR-25 Graviolium Container

Changes

- Stock ISRU Surface Scanner can now scan for Graviolium.
- Added exospheric resource definitions for Graviolium.
- Comets might contain Graviolium along with asteroids.
- Gravitic generators will now drain their Gravity Waves when shut off. Forgot to add that before...
- You can now enable "Auto-circularize orbit after warp" from the Game Settings -> Custom -> Blueshift menu. If enabled, ships will auto-circularize their orbit around a planet or moon 3 seconds after you cut the throttle and stop warp travel. Going to warp again or shutting down the engine will cancel the timer. You can change the delay by editing the autoCircularizationDelay field in Blueshift's Settings.cfg file.
NOTE: Auto-circularization costs a small amount of Graviolium and is based on vessel mass. See circularizationResource and circularizationCostPerTonne in Settings.cfg.

---

That was a bit of a detour from the jump gate tech, but I realized that the mod needed dedicated tanks for mining graviolium. As the "Finding Graviolium" infographic hinted at, you can find dust-form graviolium out in interplanetary space. You can also mine it from hard to reach planets like Eve and Dres, but those options are more for companion mods like Kerbal Flying Saucers.

Next up is a key component for jump gates and something I've wanted to make since the days of Kerbal Komets: Space Anomalies! For Blueshift, jump gates are discovered instead of built, but for that to work I need to build a system similar to asteroid spawns that let you discover anomalies in the void. I have one anomaly in mind in addition to the jump gates, but the system will be open enough that others could build additional space anomalies if desired.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

You can now enable "Auto-circularize orbit after warp" from the Game Settings -> Custom -> Blueshift menu. If enabled, ships will auto-circularize their orbit around a planet or moon 3 seconds after you cut the throttle and stop warp travel. Going to warp again or shutting down the engine will cancel the timer. You can change the delay by editing the autoCircularizationDelay field in Blueshift's Settings.cfg file.

Can I set a specific altitude I want to circularize at?

Or if I'm going to Eve for example, would it always auto circularize above the atmosphere, or is that a danger?

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Added exospheric resource definitions for Graviolium.

SpaceDust?

11 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Can I set a specific altitude I want to circularize at?

Or if I'm going to Eve for example, would it always auto circularize above the atmosphere, or is that a danger?

SpaceDust?

Auto-circularizing happens 3 seconds after you drop out of warp. It isn't tied to a specific altitude. But if you warp slow enough, you can hit the minimum altitude trigger (currently one planetary radius) and the ship will automatically drop out of warp. Then 3 seconds after that you'll circularize.

@Nertea's SpaceDust is not supported in the 0.5 release but it is definitely on my radar. :)

7 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Or ask Nert if you can use his part

I'd give a hard no to that. Things could get messy fast if anyone got to ship any artwork made by Nertea. But if Angel made that bussard ram scoop in his own style then heck yes.

30 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'd give a hard no to that. Things could get messy fast if anyone got to ship any artwork made by Nertea. But if Angel made that bussard ram scoop in his own style then heck yes.

That's a possibility. The warp rings have the option to remove the endcaps and have nodes, so a magnetic scoop could go there. Meanwhile, I've got a space anomaly...

h8eRtDg.png

But static images don't do it justice thanks to @Nertea's Waterfall:

Thanks to @Beale for the mesh! :) I retextured it and added Waterfall effects so it's easier to spot in space. I'm in the process of making a space anomaly spawner. Once that's done I'll kick out a new release...

Theoretically, since you might want to use Spacedust to manage exoharvesting and most people that want to run this mod will also want to run FFT maybe you could just ship a patch that adds graviolium to the FFT bussard scoop? Would be easier than developing a whole new part and exoharvesting system.

Do these warp parts produce heat? My ships always explode when coming out of map view, both when stationary and warping. F3 panel says parts were destroyed due to overheating

Edit: Nvm, seems to be a Kopernicus bug

Edited by PhazeKL

Why I am not receiving the 1000x interstellar warp speed multiplier when I am well outside the Kerbol system and very far from Eeloo. (homeSOIMultiplier = 1,  interstellarWarpSpeedMultiplier = 1000). 

Edited by PhazeKL

55 minutes ago, PhazeKL said:

Do these warp parts produce heat? My ships always explode when coming out of map view, both when stationary and warping. F3 panel says parts were destroyed due to overheating

Edit: Nvm, seems to be a Kopernicus bug

Yeah, latest bleeding edge Kopernicus has heating issues in interstellar space.

5 hours ago, PhazeKL said:

Why I am not receiving the 1000x interstellar warp speed multiplier when I am well outside the Kerbol system and very far from Eeloo. (homeSOIMultiplier = 1,  interstellarWarpSpeedMultiplier = 1000). 

I also had this problem but was able to get the speed multiplier to work after setting the homeSOIMultiplier to 0 .  The only problem now is that it stops too early and the speed reduces to 0.683c way before reaching  the SOI of another star, so I can never get to it because of the slow speed. (I am using the Galaxies Unbound mod).

Edited by redivh

2 hours ago, redivh said:

I also had this problem but was able to get the speed multiplier to work after setting the homeSOIMultiplier to 0 .  The only problem now is that it stops too early and the speed reduces to 0.683c way before reaching  the SOI of another star, so I can never get to it because of the slow speed. (I am using the Galaxies Unbound mod).

I will have to try it out with Galaxies Unbound installed. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

9 hours ago, redivh said:

I don't know if we use the same version, but I have 1.11.x "Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey"

6 hours ago, PhazeKL said:

I don't know if we use the same version, but I have 1.11.x "Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey"

15 hours ago, redivh said:

Ok, I know what the problem is. With Galaxies Unbound, there are some pseudo-celestial bodies called barycenters that don't identify as stars. For instance, I just found one called "AlphaCentauriBarycenter." Since it's not a star, it is considered to be a "planet" and is throwing off Blueshift's calculations. I can fix that, but we may run into this issue for other planet packs. So I will have a two-pronged approach:

1. Add a blacklist that will ignore celestial bodies that contain words like "barycenter"
  2. Add a LAST_PLANET config node that will help Blueshift out when it can't automatically figure out the last planet in a star system.

7 hours ago, PhazeKL said:

Yes, I am also using the same version.

Edited by redivh

Blueshift 0.6 is now available:

New Features

- Space Anomalies now exist! Like asteroids and comets, space anomalies can randomly spawn and de-spawn in solar orbit. If visited, then they'll stick around- and might help out your quest for knowledge... You can disable Space Anomalies in the Settings menu.
- Added new WBITechUnlock part module. It is designed for anomalies and has the ability to randomly unlock a tech tree node in Career or Science Sandbox mode.
- Added celestialBlacklist value to the Settings.cfg file. This value lets you blacklist celestial bodies from being counted as stars and planets. This is to help ignore things like barycenters.
- Added LAST_PLANET node that helps Blueshift determine what is the last planet for the specified star. This is to help in situations where Blueshift can't figure out what is the last planet for a given star system. You can see an example in Settings.cfg.
- Added Graviolium support for SpaceDust and Far Future Technologies. These will need testing...

Changes

- Fixed issue where the warp multiplier couldn't figure out where the edge of the SOI is for the home system.
- Fixed NRE in WBIWarpEngine that occurs during starup.

Sample Space Anomaly node:

Spoiler

SPACE_ANOMALY
{
	// Identifier for the space anomaly.
	name = tetrahedon

// Name of the part to spawn
	partName = wbiTet

// Like asteroids, space anomalies have a size class that ranges from Size A (12 meters) to Size I (100+ meters).
	// The default is A.
	sizeClass = A

// How does an instance spawn. Default is randomOrbit.
	// randomOrbit: Spawns in a random solar or planetary orbit.
	// randomSolarOrbit: Spawns in a random solar orbit.
	// randomPlanetOrbit: Spawns in a random planetary orbit.
	// everyLastPlanet: Spawns in random orbit of every last planet in each star system. Ignores maxInstances.
	// fixedOrbit: Spawns in a fixed orbit. One anomaly per orbit. Ignores maxInstances and orbitType.
	spawnMode = randomOrbit

// The type of orbit to create. Default is elliptical.
	// elliptical: Garden variety elliptical orbit.
	// flyBy: Fly-by orbit.
	// random: Randomly pick either circular or flyBy.
	orbitType = elliptical

// For flyBy orbits, the max number of days until the anomaly reaches the closest point in its orbit. Default is 30.
//	maxDaysToClosestApproach = 30

// For orbitType = random, on a roll of 1 to 100, what is the chance that the orbit will be flyBy. Default is 50.
//	flyByOrbitChance = 50

// For fixedOrbit, the celestial body to spawn around.
//	fixedBody = 

// For fixedOrbit, the Semi-Major axis of the orbit.
//	fixedSMA = 

// For fixedOrbit, the eccentrcity of the orbit.
//	fixedEccentricity = 

// For fixedOrbit, the inclination of the orbit. Default is -1, which enables random inclination.
//	fixedInclination = 

// For undiscovered objects, the minimum number of seconds that the anomaly can exist. Default is 86400 (1 day).
	// Set to -1 to use maximum possible value. When set to -1, maxLifetime is ignored.
	minLifetime = 86400

// For undiscovered objects, the maximum number of seconds that the anomaly can exist. Default is 1728000 ( 20 days).
	maxLifetime = 1728000

// Spawn chance in a roll between 1 and 1000
	spawnTargetNumber = 995

// Maximum number of objects of this type that may exist at any given time. Default is 10.
	// Set to -1 for unlimited number.
	maxInstances = 10
}

---

With Space Anomalies now working, next up is the discoverable/buildable jump gate. If you have Space Anomalies enabled and a mod like Galaxies Unbound installed, then you'll get a discoverable jump gate in orbit around the last planet in each solar system. If such a thing isn't desired, either disable Space Anomalies or just rename the part config...

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Blueshift 0.6 is now available:

New Features

- Space Anomalies now exist! Like asteroids and comets, space anomalies can randomly spawn and de-spawn in solar orbit. If visited, then they'll stick around- and might help out your quest for knowledge... You can disable Space Anomalies in the Settings menu.
- Added new WBITechUnlock part module. It is designed for anomalies and has the ability to randomly unlock a tech tree node in Career or Science Sandbox mode.
- Added celestialBlacklist value to the Settings.cfg file. This value lets you blacklist celestial bodies from being counted as stars and planets. This is to help ignore things like barycenters.
- Added LAST_PLANET node that helps Blueshift determine what is the last planet for the specified star. This is to help in situations where Blueshift can't figure out what is the last planet for a given star system. You can see an example in Settings.cfg.
- Added Graviolium support for SpaceDust and Far Future Technologies. These will need testing...

Changes

- Fixed issue where the warp multiplier couldn't figure out where the edge of the SOI is for the home system.
- Fixed NRE in WBIWarpEngine that occurs during starup.

Sample Space Anomaly node:

Reveal hidden contents

SPACE_ANOMALY
{
	// Identifier for the space anomaly.
	name = tetrahedon

// Name of the part to spawn
	partName = wbiTet

// Like asteroids, space anomalies have a size class that ranges from Size A (12 meters) to Size I (100+ meters).
	// The default is A.
	sizeClass = A

// How does an instance spawn. Default is randomOrbit.
	// randomOrbit: Spawns in a random solar or planetary orbit.
	// randomSolarOrbit: Spawns in a random solar orbit.
	// randomPlanetOrbit: Spawns in a random planetary orbit.
	// everyLastPlanet: Spawns in random orbit of every last planet in each star system. Ignores maxInstances.
	// fixedOrbit: Spawns in a fixed orbit. One anomaly per orbit. Ignores maxInstances and orbitType.
	spawnMode = randomOrbit

// The type of orbit to create. Default is elliptical.
	// elliptical: Garden variety elliptical orbit.
	// flyBy: Fly-by orbit.
	// random: Randomly pick either circular or flyBy.
	orbitType = elliptical

// For flyBy orbits, the max number of days until the anomaly reaches the closest point in its orbit. Default is 30.
//	maxDaysToClosestApproach = 30

// For orbitType = random, on a roll of 1 to 100, what is the chance that the orbit will be flyBy. Default is 50.
//	flyByOrpoodleance = 50

// For fixedOrbit, the celestial body to spawn around.
//	fixedBody = 

// For fixedOrbit, the Semi-Major axis of the orbit.
//	fixedSMA = 

// For fixedOrbit, the eccentrcity of the orbit.
//	fixedEccentricity = 

// For fixedOrbit, the inclination of the orbit. Default is -1, which enables random inclination.
//	fixedInclination = 

// For undiscovered objects, the minimum number of seconds that the anomaly can exist. Default is 86400 (1 day).
	// Set to -1 to use maximum possible value. When set to -1, maxLifetime is ignored.
	minLifetime = 86400

// For undiscovered objects, the maximum number of seconds that the anomaly can exist. Default is 1728000 ( 20 days).
	maxLifetime = 1728000

// Spawn chance in a roll between 1 and 1000
	spawnTargetNumber = 995

// Maximum number of objects of this type that may exist at any given time. Default is 10.
	// Set to -1 for unlimited number.
	maxInstances = 10
}

---

With Space Anomalies now working, next up is the discoverable/buildable jump gate. If you have Space Anomalies enabled and a mod like Galaxies Unbound installed, then you'll get a discoverable jump gate in orbit around the last planet in each solar system. If such a thing isn't desired, either disable Space Anomalies or just rename the part config...

Cool, I'll try it out!

41 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

So do you mine them? For Graviolium?

Or are they like land anomalies, and unlock a tech node?