[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

I may need someone to step me through getting this working.  Every altitude seems to be too close to a gavity well.  But i may have set up the craft wrong?

It's important to make sure that the flameout reason is saying that the altitude is too low... There are other reasons for the craft to flameout, such as a lack of graviolium or a lack of warp capacity. There should also be a readout in the PAW that tells you what altitude you need.

5 hours ago, NightPhantom5 said:

What parts do you need to include on a ship for it to work?

At the very least you need the S-3 Warp Engine. That is the complete solution. Otherwise you need a warp core and either a warp ring or 10 of the warp coils. To improve speed you can add additional warp coils and gravitic generators to power them.

I love the effort you are putting into this mod! :)

with regard to my troubles about finding Graviolium, I started a new save and now the anomalies spawn and there is some Graviolium in some asteroids.

do I need to start a new career save to find these or is it to do with the fact that I have not yet unlocked the science node that contains the blueshift parts?

7 hours ago, MatkesHulk said:

I love the effort you are putting into this mod! :)

with regard to my troubles about finding Graviolium, I started a new save and now the anomalies spawn and there is some Graviolium in some asteroids.

do I need to start a new career save to find these or is it to do with the fact that I have not yet unlocked the science node that contains the blueshift parts?

The Blueshift parts don't affect asteroid resource distribution. I think what is going on is that for existing saves, existing asteroids already have their distributions set, but for a new save the asteroids are newly generated. If that's the case, maybe I can make a utility re-spawns the asteroids for existing saves..

54 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The Blueshift parts don't affect asteroid resource distribution. I think what is going on is that for existing saves, existing asteroids already have their distributions set, but for a new save the asteroids are newly generated. If that's the case, maybe I can make a utility re-spawns the asteroids for existing saves..

Ah ok that’s fine. I’ll just have to buy the Graviolium for now....might need to do a few extra contracts first :)

On 2/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, Starhelperdude said:

so do we have a anomaly warp ring (or more) and we can build our own maybe after analizing them? nice! (even without the analization)

There is no "warp ring" anomaly. There is the jump gate anomaly, and pieces available in your VAB so you can build your own jump gate. Angel has not released these as yet.

48 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

UI and effects look good. :)

Does it take any resources once a craft passes though the ring? What are the downsides?

Yup, it costs Graviolium to pass through the ring. You also need to make sure that the vessel you build can fit through the portal. Jumpgates also have limited range. You can only jump to gates within range. And for the jumpgate anomaly, you'll need to find them in order to add them to your destination network.

Blueshift 1.2.5 is now available:

Changes

- Added new jumpgate anomaly. Jumpgates can be enabled/disabled from the Game Difficulty menu. By default, they aren't enabled. When you discover a new jumpgate, it will be added to your network of known gates, and the more that you discover, the more destinations that you can reach. It does cost some Graviolium to traverse a gate, and be sure to make a vessel that isn't too tall or wide in order to fit.

- Warp engines have a new engine sound.

Next up is the player-built jumpgate. Hopefully it'll be done next week. I'm also debating whether or not to vaporize vessels caught in the gate startup sequence...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm also debating whether or not to vaporize vessels caught in the gate startup sequence...

If you do, please make it an optional thing, togglable in settings, that is off by default, if possible. I'd hate to have someone loose ships because you decided to implement a concept I threw out as a joke/stargate reference. I would personally love to have this feature, but I realize it's not for everyone.

Annnd a quick bug fix....

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

What will happen if there is not any Graviolium onboard?

Will it explode? Will spacetime be destroyed? Will nothing happen? 

I am curious.

I suggest you try it and find out. :)

41 minutes ago, vardicd said:

If you do, please make it an optional thing, togglable in settings, that is off by default, if possible. I'd hate to have someone loose ships because you decided to implement a concept I threw out as a joke/stargate reference. I would personally love to have this feature, but I realize it's not for everyone.

6FWzs5C.png

There's a known issue where the vessel will be teleported to the destination gate during the jumpgate startup sequence (if you uncheck destructive effects). It'll get fixed in the next update.

2 hours ago, MatkesHulk said:

This just keeps getting better!! :) 

Glad you like it! :) I have another space anomaly brewing for next update. Blueshift will automatically add it if you have @StarCrusher96' Galaxies Unbound installed, but it supports other mods as well if someone wants to make configs. Here is a preview:

That's Jool off to the right.

wR40RIc.png

A selectable and targetable part. Good luck trying to move it though.

cNgNhOd.png

A selectable and targetable- uh, other part.

rEWuhaZ.png

Um, where are we?

rV5iQnU.png