[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, ktosiu said:

After updating to the latest version, I'm noticing a steady rise of the number of A and B-class unknown objects in orbit of all planetary bodies (even Minmus). Currently at 129 and counting. Anyone else seeing this?

My log says its the Tets and Jumpgates spawning en masse. So, an alien invasion? ;)

I'm having the same Problem with JNSQ, at least i think i am. i don't really know how to read the log

7 hours ago, ktosiu said:

After updating to the latest version, I'm noticing a steady rise of the number of A and B-class unknown objects in orbit of all planetary bodies (even Minmus). Currently at 129 and counting. Anyone else seeing this?

My log says its the Tets and Jumpgates spawning en masse. So, an alien invasion? ;)

I'm running OPM and suspect this might be of some importance. Plock is looking particularly interesting :)

3JZbp1f.jpg

The same happens to me, also some of the Gates Spawn inside each other :confused:
The Gate Spawner really likes Plock :rolleyes:
My log is pretty similar, there's a lot of objects with NaN parameters in its orbit, like Alt, ObT, Radius,...
KSP.log

Spoiler

PWKJVxj.png

Edited by Overlocker96

I also tried Galaxies Unbound, and the same happens in a lot of celestial bodies, most of them have 3-4 gates in a matter of minutes.
The funny thing is that Eeloo has the most of them, I suppose that the furthest planet of the original Kerbol system, is the one with the most gates because of a bug or different spawn rate. So Eeloo in Stock, Plock in OPM,...

3 minutes ago, Overlocker96 said:

I also tried Galaxies Unbound, and the same happens in a lot of celestial bodies, most of them have 3-4 gates in a matter of minutes.
The funny thing is that Eeloo has the most of them, I suppose that the furthest planet of the original Kerbol system, is the one with the most gates because of a bug or different spawn rate. So Eeloo in Stock, Plock in OPM,...

Thanks for the info! :) I am testing a fix and should have it ready later today.

Blueshift 1.3.1 is now available:

NOTE: After installing this update:
1. Disable space anomalies from the Game Difficulty menu. Be sure to apply the changes.
2. Exit the game back to the main menu.
3. Re-load your save.
4. Re-enable space anomalies and/or jumpgates.

Changes

- Fixed issue where jumpgate anomalies would continually spawn at the last planet in the star system.
- Fixed issue where newly created anomalies were immediately cleaned up.
- Fixed issue where expired anomalies weren't being cleaned up properly.
- Fixed issue where jumpgate anomalies would spawn even when the option to do so was turned off.

I think Blueshift is in pretty good shape at this point. As I mentioned, I'm holding off from creating jump engine parts until I know how well the existing parts are working.

Hey Angel-125, really love your concept for this mod!

Just wanted to let you know that the Astria gate parts from Blueshift 1.3.1 don't show up in the Community Tech Tree. The other parts work fine, such as the warp engines showing up under "Unified Field Theory", but I can't seem to find the Astria parts anywhere. I looked into the files and I see that each part has their own .cfg file indicating which tech is required for unlocking it, and all of the parts have the same tech format except for the Jumpgate parts under "WildBlueIndustries>Blueshift>Parts>Utility>Jumpgates". For example:

File: "WildBlueIndustries\Blueshift\Parts\Engine\WarpTech\wbiMk2GraviticGenerator"

TechRequired:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] = unifiedFieldTheory
    TechRequired:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree] = wbiWarpTech

File: "WildBlueIndustries\Blueshift\Parts\Utility\JumpGate\wbiAstriaPortaAccommodare"

File: "WildBlueIndustries\Blueshift\Parts\Utility\JumpGate\wbiAstriaPortaAccommodare"

TechRequired = wbiJumpTech

Changing the Jumpgate parts to the first format fixes this:

TechRequired:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] = quantumReactions //<---- I personally chose this research node so that the warp and jumpgate tech are seperate and cost 10,000 RP each
    TechRequired:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree] = wbiJumpTech

Another possible bug I am currently experiencing is that I have disabled space anomalies at the moment since they seem to be causing increasingly heavier lag spikes as time goes on, though this could just be Galaxies Unbound taking a strain on my PC from the extra added anomalies.

Other than that, this a really beautiful mod and I am glad you are putting great work and quality into it in  such short timeframes! Wishing you the best!

7 hours ago, BilLaLaBill said:

Hey Angel-125, really love your concept for this mod!

Just wanted to let you know that the Astria gate parts from Blueshift 1.3.1 don't show up in the Community Tech Tree. The other parts work fine, such as the warp engines showing up under "Unified Field Theory", but I can't seem to find the Astria parts anywhere. I looked into the files and I see that each part has their own .cfg file indicating which tech is required for unlocking it, and all of the parts have the same tech format except for the Jumpgate parts under "WildBlueIndustries>Blueshift>Parts>Utility>Jumpgates". For example:

File: "WildBlueIndustries\Blueshift\Parts\Engine\WarpTech\wbiMk2GraviticGenerator"

Changing the Jumpgate parts to the first format fixes this:

Another possible bug I am currently experiencing is that I have disabled space anomalies at the moment since they seem to be causing increasingly heavier lag spikes as time goes on, though this could just be Galaxies Unbound taking a strain on my PC from the extra added anomalies.

Other than that, this a really beautiful mod and I am glad you are putting great work and quality into it in  such short timeframes! Wishing you the best!

Thanks for the feedback, here is the fixed version that works with Community Tech Tree .

Glad you're enjoying the mod. :)

As for the lag, I haven't seen that unless I install Galaxies Unbound- in its defense, the mod has many planets and stars to explore...

34 minutes ago, squeaker0704 said:

is there a gui that you can use to set the destination for warp gates   

Yes. Simply right-click on the control segment (it has a bunch of alien symbols on it), then press the "Select Destination" button. If you built and/or discovered only two gates, then the portal should already be open and you can just fly through. Otherwise, you'll need to build and/or discover three or more gates in order to select a destination.

Can we have warning of lack of adequate displacement impulse? I got someone finding their ship won't "speed up" cuz they have not enough warp core... (350 tonnes ships with only one 100 tonnes displacement warp core)

Edited by ssd21345

On 2/27/2021 at 11:36 PM, Angel-125 said:

I think Blueshift is in pretty good shape at this point. As I mentioned, I'm holding off from creating jump engine parts until I know how well the existing parts are working.

No.

2 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Can we have warning of lack of adequate displacement impulse? I got someone finding their ship won't "speed up" cuz they have not enough warp core... (350 tonnes ships with only one 100 tonnes displacement warp core)

Next update I'll add a max warp readout. One already exists, but it is lumped in with a bunch of debug data. you can set debugMode = true in WBIWarpEngine as a temporary workaround.

1 hour ago, squeaker0704 said:

do we have a eta for the jump engines update 

No ETA. I have other projects that need my attention.

6 minutes ago, squeaker0704 said:

is there a max ship size for jump gates 

Yes. Ships should be no wider or taller than 24 meters.

Blueshift 1.3.5 is now available:

Changes

- Added Max Warp Speed display field to the warp engine PAW. It is available both in flight and in the editor.
- Added Effective Warp Capacity field to the warp engine PAW. It is available in the editor.
- Added new FTL Check field to the warp engine PAW. It is available both in flight and in the editor. It will let you know if the warp engine lacks sufficient effective warp capacity to achieve FTL.
- Removed vessel size restriction on jumpgates; the stock vessel size calculations are too inaccurate.

VHRAu7D.png

yEPnaCU.png

5XhbqPa.png

On 11/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, Angel-125 said:

• New Space Anomalies that can be discovered- and might confer technological breakthroughs.
  • Jump gates that can be discovered like space anomalies (if enabled), or player-built.

uafOJ1e.png

6FWzs5C.png

IDEA: a solar system for you to go to, based (Loosely) off the methusela star system. since this and kerbal flying saucers deals with pseudo supernatural stuff why not use the tech to go to a star somehow older than the universe itself! maybe there could be an ancient civilization there (Or their remains)