[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

On 3/8/2021 at 2:24 AM, Puggonaut said:

Is there a way to mod the Altitude required to operate the Warp Engines ?  

Yes I know it's a silly idea , but I have a even sillier idea i'd like to try :ph34r:

Yup, there is a setting in the warp engine parts. Look for minOrbitalRadius in the part’s WBIWarpEngine.

2 hours ago, ktosiu said:

I made a thing. It's a controllable ship inspired by the awesome Tetrahedron Anomaly!

The aliens are coming (soon)!

(currently figuring out how to use massless Graviolium in a reaction engine without introducing a new type of resource)

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/6cidRE6

Way cool! For the engine, Kerbal Flying Saucers has one...

7 hours ago, PalowPower said:

I've got a idea for the Warp drive. 
When you reach lightspeed, then theres a effect like breaking the sound barrier. Is this possible to do?

That's already built-in :) There is a sound that plays when you cross the light barrier that's actually from the Shuttle's double sonic boom.

Question, what do the tetrahedron Space Anomalies actually do? Are they like asteroids for harvesting Graviolium? 

Also they're  heavy. I have one in Munar orbit that I attached a docking node to but getting it to Kerbin is going to be a pain. 

12 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

Question, what do the tetrahedron Space Anomalies actually do? Are they like asteroids for harvesting Graviolium? 

Also they're  heavy. I have one in Munar orbit that I attached a docking node to but getting it to Kerbin is going to be a pain. 

In Career mode, they have a chance to randomly unlock a tech tree node.

I do have problems finding Graviolium.

I catched 2 asteroids into Kerbin orbit and started mining them, but after quite a while the graviolium tanks attached to the miner are still empty.

Is there something wrong in the way i try to collect Graviolium or is it just bad luck?

1 hour ago, Gordran said:

I do have problems finding Graviolium.

I catched 2 asteroids into Kerbin orbit and started mining them, but after quite a while the graviolium tanks attached to the miner are still empty.

Is there something wrong in the way i try to collect Graviolium or is it just bad luck?

How much Graviolium is in the asteroid?

36 minutes ago, Gordran said:

I don't know.

I tried scanning it with the stock surface scanner,but no Graviolium is shown there.

You're not guaranteed to find Graviolium in an asteroid. If the stock surface scanner reads 0 Graviolium, then it means that the asteroid has none. You'll need to find another asteroid at that point.

2 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

There is another mod out there that has a FTL Engine , I simply want to add the effects of the Warp Engine to that . 

Blueshift uses Nertea's Waterfall for its visual effects. The WaterfallFX module state can be linked to (among other things) the throttle value of the vessel. I don't how how your other mod handles FTL velocity but if it's tied to throttle then it should be doable.

10 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

There is another mod out there that has a FTL Engine , I simply want to add the effects of the Warp Engine to that . 

8 hours ago, ktosiu said:

Blueshift uses Nertea's Waterfall for its visual effects. The WaterfallFX module state can be linked to (among other things) the throttle value of the vessel. I don't how how your other mod handles FTL velocity but if it's tied to throttle then it should be doable.

Blueshift uses custom meshes for the warp field effects and a custom controller. For the other mod you'd probably want to start over with the effects.

In the meantime, I'm investigating the missing graviolium issue and am finding that in some circumstances the patches aren't applied. I'm currently testing some solutions. Additionally, I'm adding a new feature to the stock surface scanner that will display the contents of an asteroid and/or comet:

z8mx16i.png

Blueshift 1.3.6 is now available:

NOTE: Be sure to delete your Module Manager cache before applying this update.
NOTE: After this update, be sure to scout new asteroids for Graviolium; existing asteroids might not have any.
- Adjusted Module Manager patches for adding Graviolium to asteroids and comets; in some circumstances the patches wouldn't be applied.
- Added new Asteroid & Comet Scanner to the stock surface scanner. This new UI will let you know what resources the asteroid or comet has.

1 minute ago, modus said:

Thanks for the update!

Just took a little cruise to plock and back to finish something, this mod makes it easy, yet still cool:cool:

Thanks! :) I have another update to do for @JadeOfMaar's Impulse Party, but I wanted to get this fix out ASAP to unblock people looking for Graviolium in asteroids and comets. Expect another update sometime next week. :)