[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

On 4/10/2021 at 2:23 AM, Angel-125 said:

Everything is finished up to the jump engines. I'm working on other projects at the moment though, and it sounds like the warp tech needs some tuning.

It would be a lot looking better, if there was a short Visual when you Jump to another Portal. And maybe also a Jump sound like a "Boom" or "Whoosh". Warp Tech is pretty good for now and doesn't needs a lot anymore (in my opinion)

4 minutes ago, PalowPower said:

Another thing.

Can you pleas add TweakScale compatibility. I was going to build a massive ship, but the Warp Coils were to small...

I don't use TweakScale, nor do I have time to learn it. But if you create a patch and would like to share it then I can post a link to your patch. :)

33 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't use TweakScale, nor do I have time to learn it. But if you create a patch and would like to share it then I can post a link to your patch. :)

I can do that, bcuz what to do in quarantine lol. But the Problem is... I'm just a Java Dev and don't know how to add TweakScale to a Part :( 

Edit: But I will try my best to patch it :) 

Edited by PalowPower

19 hours ago, PalowPower said:

Oh, Patching TweakScale to a part seems pretty easy :)

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't use TweakScale, nor do I have time to learn it.

Don't expect Angel-125's modules to work properly or at all, though. I have first-hand experience and I've seen similar reports from others who tried.

You'll have to sacrifice some of your intended design details. Warp rings are 10x ~ 12x better than Warp nacelles in the same bulhead size.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, PalowPower said:

I can do that, bcuz what to do in quarantine lol. But the Problem is... I'm just a Java Dev and don't know how to add TweakScale to a Part :( 

Edit: But I will try my best to patch it :) 

It's not that hard most of the time. :)

Read this and this for a Crash Test Course.

Edited by Lisias
better links

I'm absolutely LOVING this mod so far. I've finally switched away from using KSPI-E because this warp drive is just so great. 

My venerable Courageous-Class starships now look better than they ever have before, and boy, are the screenshots just EYE CANDY!

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - In service since 2018, with numerous overhauls, retrofits and redesigns, the Courageous-Class still serves me well.

I've also been pairing this up with KFS, with fantastic results. I can't wait until you resume work on KFS and complete the S-4 Excalibur so that I can make a new NX-01 replica with the two mods.

Spoiler

ses5sm3tt2u61.png

The Albion-Class starship. A sort of mix between the Constitution-Class (general silhouette) and the Galaxy-Class (the shape of the engineering hull)

The only suggestion I might have is to add a line to the config where you can have a multiplier for warp coil strength. I found that in order to get satisfactory speeds with my Courageous-Class and other Trek-alike ships that I've been building, I had to clip a ton more nacelles into them, and eventually resorted to going into the part configs and manually overwriting the warp capacity that they add, bumping them up from 1 each to 10 each.  So, perhaps a multiplier slider in the in-game settings or otherwise some line in the general config to allow for higher warp capacity to get better speeds in interplanetary space might help.

And another slight personal request, though one that isn't necessarily needed (If you don't have time for it, don't bother): a texture switch for the hemispherical FTL fuel tanks, which I use at the ends of the nacelles to look like the buzzard collectors, to look like the red buzzard collectors of Star Trek. If they were animated and/or actually served as something like a Gravolium scoop (sort of like a smaller version of that large deployable one you have in KFS), I'd absolutely love you - more so than I already do for making this incredible mod.

Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Edited by Raptor22

6 hours ago, Ghostshark27 said:

So weird question, slightly spoilerish, hence the tags... 

Hide contents

Are the anomalies movable? I had plans on my kerbals grabbing one around the Mun and bringing it down to an orbital station for "scientific research."  

Pretty moveable, I had one attached for the same purposes for a while.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, ktosiu said:

I made a thing. It's a controllable ship inspired by the awesome Tetrahedron Anomaly!

Yj5EiXQ.jpg

The aliens are coming (soon)!

(currently figuring out how to use massless Graviolium in a reaction engine without introducing a new type of resource)

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/6cidRE6

Will you be posting this at some point later on?

44 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Will you be posting this at some point later on?

I'd love to! However the idea grew a little bit beyond the controllable vessel and now I have a small collection of alien parts under development. Expect a development thread sometime soon.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, ktosiu said:

I'd love to! However the idea grew a little bit beyond the controllable vessel and now I have a small collection of alien parts under development. Expect a development thread sometime soon.

Finally an Alien Tech Mod!

Btw. Ik that Blueshift is also an Alien Tech Mod (I just mean Real Alien Stuuf, like Alien Engines)

Edited by PalowPower

Trying to go through the Jool Wormhole (with GU installed) and when my ship goes through it hits the G-Limit and explodes.  Is this a bug or do I need to keep G-Limits (both part and kerbal) disabled?  Also when I went through my orbital velocity is stupidly high to where there no way I could have enough deltaV to be able to land on the planet (The All).   I cant even time warp since my ship is constantly accelerating, also cant change vessels or save because of this.  Am I missing something?

Edited by KSPNoob

13 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

Trying to go through the Jool Wormhole (with GU installed) and when my ship goes through it hits the G-Limit and explodes.  Is this a bug or do I need to keep G-Limits (both part and kerbal) disabled?  Also when I went through my orbital velocity is stupidly high to where there no way I could have enough deltaV to be able to land on the planet (The All).   I cant even time warp since my ship is constantly accelerating, also cant change vessels or save because of this.  Am I missing something?

I've not seen this before, are you getting any errors in the log when you go through the wormhole?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I've not seen this before, are you getting any errors in the log when you go through the wormhole?

I think it might just be the nature of that system being a little "odd" (the Star has 9999G and the "Planet" 999G)  but multiple attempts with various ships all result in destruction due to the 1200+ G the ships pulls when it exits the wormhole there.  I cant find any other wormholes so I don't know but that's what I'm leaning towards because when I cheated a rendezvous to the Wormhole in the  Kax A system my ship also exploded. Only way to survive is to disable the G Limit in the settings and even then for some reason you seem to gain acceleration when you exit the wormhole.  I tried to brake off the speed with some retrograde burns but it doesn't seem to do anything. 

I dont see anything in my log that seems out of place

Edited by KSPNoob