[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

1 minute ago, kennyc222 said:

thanks I switched it to CRP ....I don't delete Wild Blue TOols (or it may get an error) 

How do i create a Fusionpellets.cfg? As I never have done this before? or any coding on a mod! 

You can open up Notepad and paste the text there, then save the file. In the SaveAs field, select "All Files" and be sure to give it a file name of Fusionpellets.cfg.

47 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

may you pleasea specify whereabout of file location should I Save for  Fusionpellets.cfg? In GameData? 

Sure, just put it in your GameData folder. That way you can update Blueshift and still keep the file.

It Works! Thanks very MUCH!  Hopefully other people in this page can consider this option if they want to save time, energy for planning ....and make my gameplay much easier and my PC  performance (Save lots of RAM and preserve CPU speed) easier

c.jpg

Edited by kennyc222

Blueshift 1.5.0 is now available:

New Part

- S-3 Heavy Warp Sustainer: This part is a larger version of the S-3 Warp Sustainer that has greater Warp Capacity and a more powerful gravitic generator.

Changes

- Redesigned how warp speed is calculated in order to fix issues where adding additional generators and warp sustainers would decrease max speed. With this redesign:
  - Warp Coils determine how much mass can be displaced at warp. The more you have and/or the larger the coil, the more mass you can displace.
  - You can also add more generators to overcharge the warp coils and gain additional speed, but they will wear out faster if you have maintenance enabled.
  - As before, if your ship is more massive than the total warp displacement, then you'll move slower, but less massive ships will gain a speed boost.
  - Similarly, a ship that's underpowered won't move as fast as one that is overpowered.
  - The displacementImpulse field on the warp engine is no longer used and has been discarded.
  - The Supercharge toggle switch on the warp engine is no longer used and has been discarded. It is now automatically factored into the new equations.
  - Added new warpIgnitionThreshold to the warp engine. If the starship's total Gravity Waves produced per second divided by the total Gravity Waves consumed per second drops below this value, then the engine will flame out.

- In the editor, you'll see two new fields in the warp engine PAW: Displacement Multiplier, and Power Multiplier.
  - Displacement Multiplier is the ratio between the total mass displaced by the warp coils divided by the vessel's current mass. If it is less than one then the ship won't move as fast as a vessel with a ratio that is equal to or greater than 1.
  - Power Multiplier is the ratio between the total Gravity Waves generated per second divided by the total Gravity Waves consumed per second by the warp coils. If it is less than one then the ship won't move as fast as a vessel with a ratio that is equal to or greater than 1.
NOTE: If the Power Multiplier drops below the warp engine's warpIgnitionThreshold then the warp engine will flame out.

- To calculate the Effective Warp Capacity:
  - Calculate the Displacement Multiplier
  - Calculate the Power Multiplier
  - Take the sum of the vessel's total Warp Capacity, and multiply by the Displacement Multiplier and the Power Multiplier.

- Updated the warp tech parts to reflect the redesigned warp speed calculations. In general:
  - Size 3 parts got a buff to their power generation to reflect their use in large starships.
  - The displacementImpulse ratings of the S1, S2, and Mk2 Warp Coils were adjusted to reflect that they have 1/10 the Warp Capacity and mass displacement of their corresponding Warp Ring.
  - The warp curves of all the engines were redrawn and given a speed boost, with the S3 engines getting the biggest boost.

- Warp engines now let you set the desired inclination when you auto-circularize your orbit. This setting doesn't apply when you rendezvous with another vessel.

- Fixed issue where the warp engine would flame out when transitioning from interplanetary to interstellar space, or when throttling up or down.
- Fixed issue where max warp speed wasn't being calculated when you loaded a ship into the editor.
- Fixed issue where a space anomaly would be deleted after its spawn timer expired and the player had visited it.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Blueshift 1.5.0 is now available:

New Part

- S-3 Heavy Warp Sustainer: This part is a larger version of the S-3 Warp Sustainer that has greater Warp Capacity and a more powerful gravitic generator.

Changes

[Etc.]

- Updated the warp tech parts to reflect the redesigned warp speed calculations. In general:
  - Size 3 parts got a buff to their power generation to reflect their use in large starships.
  - The displacementImpulse ratings of the S1, S2, and Mk2 Warp Coils were adjusted to reflect that they have 1/10 the Warp Capacity and mass displacement of their corresponding Warp Ring.
  - The warp curves of all the engines were redrawn and given a speed boost, with the S3 engines getting the biggest boost.

12,200 ton capital ship, GOOO!

screenshot326.png

Man, I love this mod so much. Being able to send utterly massive ships to warp without having an ungodly number of warp engines and coils is a godsend now.

Edited by Raptor22

Thanks for the update, @Angel-125

I was right now trying to understand how the whole mod works.

A bit of questions:

A- Having installed both "Flying Saucer" and "Blueshift", how do they interact, as both are using Graviolum?  Not having experience with neither of them, I'm asking because...

B- ... I'm trying to adapt "Blueshift" to the "IXS Warship" mod (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191422-19x-ixs-warpship-spacedock-redocked/ ) and I'm trying to make some parallels between parts, to code some MM cfg files:

1. IXS's has 2 "warp rings": I was thinking to make the primary one as "warp engine" (the "complete" version of the ring) and the secondary one as "sustainer";
  2. IXS has 2 kind of "sublight" engine, both as "ultra-beefed up" xenon engines: I was likely to transform one in something alike Nertea "Near Future Propulsion" or "Kerbal Atomic" engines (dunno if keeping the Xenon as propellent, or switch to a nuclear/lqd Hydrogen engine), but I would like to understand the relation between "Blueshift" and "Flying Saucer" exactly because, if FlyingSaucer gravioli engines are more alike a "linear/rocket engine" (rather than a warp-engine), I would like to make the second IXS engine alike a gravitic engine (and maybe some advices by you could be helpful)
  3. IXS has originally  an "antimatter collector", to fuel directly "warp plasma" to the warp engine, collecting it (very-very slowly) in space - what could it become in a parallel between your mods? A "Gravioli scoop in space"??? Does it make sense??? What could it be??? The model resemble a lot an early Star Trek's "deflector dish"..........
  4. ... Then there are a couple of other parts free to use. They are:
    - 2 different size "Tokamak Reactors" (... some sort of "fusion reactors", burning LqdDeuterium to produce electricity) - I was thinking to make them "warp cores";
    - 2 "Zero Point Generators" (basically glorified RTGs) - Very likely to became equivalent to some of Blueshift "fusion reactors";
    - 2 "Warp LqDeuterium" containment-something -> fitting to became some "Gravitic displacement generators"
    - 1 "Xenon Gas collector" and 1 "Xenon concentrator": not sure about them, but the first is a kind of "air intake" that search for xenon from exoplanets (I think it's coded in the IXS plugin to harvest Jool atmosphere for it) and the second one a "converter" that uses the previous "Jool xenon air intake" to produce actually Xenon (and fuel the sub-light original IXS engines): they could eventually stay as they are, to "harvest" Xenon around (playing with OPM, I'm curious to see if Sarnus, Urlum and Zeidon could work too as Xenon gas stations :P )
    - a "science pod" that is too big to simply being used as "mistery goo" and "material bay" experiment: being a dome with a big, pointy, antenna, I was thinking to make it a "static charge discharger"

I think to have summarized basically all the parts that could be needed by "Blueshift" (aside the "antimatter collector"... help me to have an idea about it).

Then, for balancement: the 3 pairs of parts that will became "warp cores", "fusion reactors" and "gravitic generators" will be (in 3.75m and 2.5m) just a copy, with different models, but very similar in sizes, of your actual equivalent parts. So basically with the same stats...
... but the IXS warp rings are very large: basically both the same model, they have the same diameter of the bigger Blueshift warpring engine, but almost twice in thickness. Does it make sense to make them "more powerful"??? For the engine itself, I was thinking to try a slight more powerful set up... but nothing out of scale (maybe just a x1.1/x1.2 of the original Blueshift ones). Is it risky???

1 hour ago, Araym said:

Thanks for the update, @Angel-125

I was right now trying to understand how the whole mod works.

A bit of questions:

A- Having installed both "Flying Saucer" and "Blueshift", how do they interact, as both are using Graviolum?  Not having experience with neither of them, I'm asking because...

B- ... I'm trying to adapt "Blueshift" to the "IXS Warship" mod (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191422-19x-ixs-warpship-spacedock-redocked/ ) and I'm trying to make some parallels between parts, to code some MM cfg files:

1. IXS's has 2 "warp rings": I was thinking to make the primary one as "warp engine" (the "complete" version of the ring) and the secondary one as "sustainer";
  2. IXS has 2 kind of "sublight" engine, both as "ultra-beefed up" xenon engines: I was likely to transform one in something alike Nertea "Near Future Propulsion" or "Kerbal Atomic" engines (dunno if keeping the Xenon as propellent, or switch to a nuclear/lqd Hydrogen engine), but I would like to understand the relation between "Blueshift" and "Flying Saucer" exactly because, if FlyingSaucer gravioli engines are more alike a "linear/rocket engine" (rather than a warp-engine), I would like to make the second IXS engine alike a gravitic engine (and maybe some advices by you could be helpful)
  3. IXS has originally  an "antimatter collector", to fuel directly "warp plasma" to the warp engine, collecting it (very-very slowly) in space - what could it become in a parallel between your mods? A "Gravioli scoop in space"??? Does it make sense??? What could it be??? The model resemble a lot an early Star Trek's "deflector dish"..........
  4. ... Then there are a couple of other parts free to use. They are:
    - 2 different size "Tokamak Reactors" (... some sort of "fusion reactors", burning LqdDeuterium to produce electricity) - I was thinking to make them "warp cores";
    - 2 "Zero Point Generators" (basically glorified RTGs) - Very likely to became equivalent to some of Blueshift "fusion reactors";
    - 2 "Warp LqDeuterium" containment-something -> fitting to became some "Gravitic displacement generators"
    - 1 "Xenon Gas collector" and 1 "Xenon concentrator": not sure about them, but the first is a kind of "air intake" that search for xenon from exoplanets (I think it's coded in the IXS plugin to harvest Jool atmosphere for it) and the second one a "converter" that uses the previous "Jool xenon air intake" to produce actually Xenon (and fuel the sub-light original IXS engines): they could eventually stay as they are, to "harvest" Xenon around (playing with OPM, I'm curious to see if Sarnus, Urlum and Zeidon could work too as Xenon gas stations :P )
    - a "science pod" that is too big to simply being used as "mistery goo" and "material bay" experiment: being a dome with a big, pointy, antenna, I was thinking to make it a "static charge discharger"

I think to have summarized basically all the parts that could be needed by "Blueshift" (aside the "antimatter collector"... help me to have an idea about it).

Then, for balancement: the 3 pairs of parts that will became "warp cores", "fusion reactors" and "gravitic generators" will be (in 3.75m and 2.5m) just a copy, with different models, but very similar in sizes, of your actual equivalent parts. So basically with the same stats...
... but the IXS warp rings are very large: basically both the same model, they have the same diameter of the bigger Blueshift warpring engine, but almost twice in thickness. Does it make sense to make them "more powerful"??? For the engine itself, I was thinking to try a slight more powerful set up... but nothing out of scale (maybe just a x1.1/x1.2 of the original Blueshift ones). Is it risky???

A - While there are changes coming to Kerbal Flying Saucers in terms of how you acquire Graviolium, they both use the resource but in different ways. For KFS it uses Graviolium for the gravitic engine and Crazy Mode. If you look at the part descriptions, Crazy Mode implies that it's a prototype for the warp engine. In Blueshift, that prototype is realized in a fully functioning warp engine.

B - For the IXS Warpship:

1. I'd definitely create one of the rings as the engine and one as a heavy sustainer. See my reference pics below.

2. The KFS gravitic engine runs on Graviolium but it apply gravitic acceleration instead of traditiona thrust. As I recall from the IXS mod, its sublight engine produces thrust, so I'd go with some high thrust, high specific impulse engine, like the Hypernova from Deep Space Exploration Vessels or one of Nert's comparable engines.

3. The parallel to the animatter collector would be Kerbal Flying Saucers' Stardust Graviolium Collector.

4. The Tokamak Reactors could easily use Blueshift's fusion reactor configs, while the Zero Point Generators could be advanced generators available when you unlock Jump Tech. The Warp LqdDeuterium parts sound like something that could store Fusion Pellets and/or Graviolium. The gas collector could become a large static discharger. I'd also take that science pod and turn it into a bigger version of the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2.

Given how much larger the IXS warp rings are, I'd definitely go with more capable warp coils with a corresponding increase in power requirements. I'd say take the coil from the S3 Warp Engine or S3 Heavy Warp Sustainer, and double its stats and double its power requirements. What that'll do is allow you to make larger and heavier starships with the ability to haul heavy cargo.

Reference pics from a ship I made last night:

QNCfxIN.png

UKp7VjB.png

EB6UFCF.png

Y1BHg5k.png

WOW!:o Your Ship could be very helpfull to "understand/balance" eventually the IXS (... do you mind, eventually, to share with me the craft file??? Mostly because I just added your mod to my collection and I do not have an idea about "what parts are eventually needed" to copy it just from images :confused:)

Meanwhile, I collected a bit of images to help me as reference, for the "what I want to do as balancing".
** WARNINGS!!! Post becoming to be  extremely LONG, as I keep writing ideas **

- Main Warp Rings:
GSqVTp6.png

On 5/9/2021 at 10:14 PM, Angel-125 said:

1. I'd definitely create one of the rings as the engine and one as a heavy sustainer.
[...]
Given how much larger the IXS warp rings are, I'd definitely go with more capable warp coils with a corresponding increase in power requirements. I'd say take the coil from the S3 Warp Engine or S3 Heavy Warp Sustainer, and double its stats and double its power requirements. What that'll do is allow you to make larger and heavier starships with the ability to haul heavy cargo.

They are indeed "bigger" than Blueshift S3 size rings: sharing the same radius, but almost double the lenght and, also, basically double as ring thickness.
I was not sure how much buff them, but indeed they could be "double the stats/double the power requirements". An easy task, up to now, thanks also for your advice (... not knowing too much how Blueshift actually is balanced, that was my initial, conservative, idea to buff them not so much - between x1.2 to x1.5 - but definitely could go up to x2).

And up to now, it was the easier task: those are straightforward, "all-in-one", parts...
... my quest to "adapt" the IXS mod is more related to the "additional parts" that are NOT totally needed for the "main ship".
Let's take a look at them:

- Engineering parts:

The "main problem" of the balancement of the IXS mod is that, up to now, all the other warp mods are working, mostly, just using "EC" as power source for warping (IXS is using mostly Lqd Deuterium, alike some "fusion reactors", to achieve EC production), with just RoverDude's "Alcubierre Warp Drive" adding some Xenon usage as manouvering thrusters: this is straight forward reflected in the balancement of the whole mod (also Xenon being the main propellent for the IXS sub-light engines)
Meanwhile "Blueshift" introduce a LOT of more game mechanics. I'm also an avid fan of your creations (as of Nertea's ones), there is not a single install in which I do not use the Community Tech Tree, so I'm more in the line to balance IXS with this in mind.
Overall, aside from some tankage that basically are straight a left over, a lot of the sparse parts have a very, hi-tech, look that I very like and, possibly, I'd like to reused for "something better" than purelly cosmetic parts as they are now. I would probably create very large MM patches, not only to add functionality, but actually change their roles/description/overall balancement
This will be "my take" about "what they could be(come)".
Mostly, here, I'm thinking about "Blueshift" as reference, with "Fling Saucers", as being someway related, if needed:

ApXBhVD.png
From top to bottom:
- Blueshift's "Warp Cores" (2.5m and 3.75m diameter); Blueshift's "Gravimetric Displacement Generators" (2.5m and 3.75m);
- IXS's "Tokamak Reactors" (2.5m and 3.75m);
- IXS "Zero Point Reactors" (2.5m and 3.75m... even if they are a bit bulkier past they attachment sides)... basically some glorified, big, RTGs; - IXS's "LqDeuterium tanks" (2.5m and 3.75m)... even if they are NOT holding actually anything...;
- Blueshift's "Fusion Reactors" (2.5m and 3.75m); - Blueshift's "Warp Coils" (1.25m and 2.5m); - Blueshift's "Propellent (Fusion pellets/Graviolium) tanks" (2.5m and mk3-3.75m)

The Tokamak Reactors could easily use Blueshift's fusion reactor configs, while the Zero Point Generators could be advanced generators available when you unlock Jump Tech. The Warp LqdDeuterium parts sound like something that could store Fusion Pellets and/or Graviolium. The gas collector could become a large static discharger. I'd also take that science pod and turn it into a bigger version of the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2.

I'm not going actually in order (at the moment of taking the image I just placed the parts in the SPH just to have all of them visualized all together), also because I do not have totally understood the engineering pipeline of "what parts are needed to achieve warp", if not using the "all in one" Warp Ring Engines.

• "Zero Point Reactors"

Aside for the first being "big RTGs" (same mechanics, delivering EC by "nothing") those are parts that could, easily, being repurpose to do something totally new, as they fail to actually have a clear role. (Almost cheat-alike EC production is not "a role" for me)
IXS mod heavily always needed various other mods as dependencies, to actually "do something", but in the actual iteration I think that some parts are still shipped in the mod, but just as leftover parts that nobody, actually, cared about, as mostly only the main ship is kept as functional.
My ideas:
The "Zero Point Reactors" have a nice feature about having a sort of "light ring" that could be set, in the editor, in different colors. Also their "bulkier" appearance, at first glance, gave me the feeling of being likely some sort of "warpcoils" that, rater than be alike "nacelles", could be fit in "inline main hull enginering" section of a ship (basically having them in the center of a ship)... that give to me the idea of warp coils put in a circle, more or less alike an actual circular particle accellerators.
Probaly they will be renamed as "Zero Point Warp Coils" , with a fitting redone (with MM) title and description.:D

Balancement (if I go in this route):

- for the 2.5m, basically keeping the same stats as Blueshift's 2.5m warpcoils. Shorter in lenght, but with an actual larger, bulkier central part, in diameter. Just a variant in shape for different engineering style. As Tech tree placement/cost etc, basically also the same.

- the 3.75m version could have, then, a x1.25 (conservative) or x1.5 (buffed) stats, than the original 2.5m part: your coils are clearly envisione as "stackable" to build more or less long nacelles (to achieve "moar powah!!!"). The IXS parts are not so streamlined, so they could be different approach about "less long, more larger" : if a given capability of "1x" is given to the 2.5m part, a 3.75m fits in the ballpark of being x1.5.
Same tech tree placement as the above, but at the expense to require, probably, more funds to be used as part, by the same x1.5 value.

Then I have to find "something" to power them...

• "LqDeuterium Tanks"

The "weird parts of the mod": probably, in origin, meant to be in the pipeline of the production of "hi-energy something" that needed a kind of "containment field" to be stored (they have still some leftover stats in this regards, with some EC consumptionbut without any actual usage of it, even taking in consideration any of the actual patches in the mod to be functional with other wapr drives), ready to be used by the warp engines, but by the time being and various different mods used to achieve "very fast speeds", left with "nothing to do" (not even as LqDeuterium tanks, used by other parts as fuel for production of EC, despite their names: they have some stats in them, but in the actual game NOTHING is showing/used... at least for me...).
And it's kind of weird, for me, because they have a very hi-tech look that could be used for more than simple tanks.
IF (very BIG "if") I understood correctly the "engineering" of Blueshift, they could be the "power source" needed by the warp coils as "Gravimetric Displacement Generators"...
... but their dimension is just and only alike the "Fusion reactors".
So they are the puzzling part of my conversion:

- keep them as hi-tech tanks (converting them as Fusion pellets/Graviolium tanks): they have already basically the same dimensions as the two put in the image (aside the Blueshift's mk3/3.75m being slightly different shaped). Just copy-paste the same stats...

- make them some equivalent of the "Fusion Reactors": again, same dimensions, same stats...

- make them "Gravimetric Generators": this is the "hard route", but the one that I like the most. Same diameter as the part I took as reference, but A LOT shorter. Maybe technologically different (by their look), they could be placed "in between" the actual Blueshift's ones.
Balancement:
-
IXS' 2.5m generator in between Blueshift's  mk2 and 2.5m ones. Basically a 2x version of the Blueshift's mk2 (as reference: around 100/sec Gravity Waves, right in between 50/sec - mk2- and 150/sec -2.5m- ... other stats/cost etc multiplied accordingly)
- IXS' 3.75m generator will follow, then, basically the same rule of the (going to be) IXS warp coils: being x1.5 larger than the 2.5m, having x1.5 the stats... that (not totally) casually are more or less the same stats of thr Blueshift's 2.5m Gravitic Generator. So it will be just a different form factor of the same stats/costs. Easy copy-paste.

They will fit then some interesting builds.
Obviously, both renamed accordingly as "Gravimetric Generators" by MM files.

NOTE: I found WHY they are not holding, in game,  any actual resource: it's NOT "LqDeuterium" (as coded in the part) but LqdDeuterium . Dunno if I really care (as I noted later, writing about other tanks, there is plenty of parts already usable as storage, when I personally like the models for being used as engineering parts)

• "Tokamak Reactors"

BIG. MEAN. HI-TECH LOOKING.

If making them some sort of reactors, they will be HUGE reactors. They could fit x4/x5 the power of the equivalent diameter Blueshift's "Fusion Reactors", by dimensions... and being probably an overkill.

I'm more in the ballpark to make them straight forwardly as "Warp Cores". No big deals in balancement: basically the same dimensions as the actually existing Blueshift's ones, at 2.5m and 3.75m, so exactly the same stats. Just differently looking (and by this, very similar in design appearance of the going-to-be IXS's "Gravimetric Generators", to be related in development).

• "Antimatter Collector"

xLonb6T.png

The parallel to the animatter collector would be Kerbal Flying Saucers' Stardust Graviolium Collector.

As said by me, this is the part that, the most, give to me the idea of a StarTrek-alike Deflector Dish.
Not knowing very well your Flying Saucers and Blueshift mods, I originally missed the parallel, and made me think of an easy conversion...
... untill I saw your Stardust Graviolium Collector, literally, "unfold" in front of me.

They could be, indeed, similar in function, but TOTALLY different in how achieve it, judging by the size of the "sail" of Blueshift's collector... (... and I understand you creation: few sparse particle in the vacuum of space needs a BIG surface to catch them...)

I do not whant to give me an headache, trying to rework too much everything: some "kerbal magic" and, maybe, some kind of "energy fields" made by the ring in front of the IXS part will do the trick.
I should take in consideration that the IXS part is 2.5m based, meanwhile yours (folded) is 3.75m, to tweak some performance further, but for me, in that semi-sphere, there will be some tech gizmos that justify such of a different result.
Stats copy-paste and I'll be happy. Mostly because I don't actually know how "powerful" is your part, and underscale the IXS one could made it eventually pointless. (But any idea by you, Angel, will be really appreciated, eventually, for some balancements...)

• "Advance Science Pod"

OqzuMDq.png

A glorified "Mystery Goo"/"Material bay" experiment pod............
... that immediately was envisioned by me as a "Plasma Contactor Module", as soon I found it around in your mods.
It will be needed, and it is there: an antenna to discharge StaticCharge, a semi-spheric hull to fit inside Xenon Gas tanks, same diameter, and also immediatly remembering to me the nacelle's "Bussard Collectors" from the TOS Star Trek Enterprise. In particulary those of the original pilot episode (when was commanded by Cpt. Pike, before Cpt. Kirk) that, actually, had exactly an antenna in the middle. (Later removed for the shooting when TOS Star Trek was approved a serie)
The right part to be placed on top of any nacelle!!!
Copy-paste. Done

- Main hull, Engine and related parts

mUyvFFu.png

Ww48Lp8.png

• Main Hull

Let's talk about the Main Hull, first:
it does anything, and then some more.
- It has solar panels
- It has a reactor (fueled by LqdDeuterium) to give huge amount of EC (... in any other warp mods, very needed)
- It works as big SAS
- It works as main Xenon tank for the sub-light engines
- It works as a big EC battery
- It could change its storage capability by B9PartSwitch, between the above mentione Xenon/EC to full EC, if needed
- It has 4 radial 2.5m attachment points for extra tankage, crew cabins, labs... or anything eventually needed

I don't want to mess with it too much. Probably just swapping out the actual reactor for a Blueshift "Fusion Reactor", to make the whole fitting in the new concept. Looking at how much is bulky, probably the 3.75m variant will be the one from which I will borrow the stats.
Personally I do not like too much that it has just 1 kerbal space, inside of it, using the "GenericSpace1" as internal. In a further personalization for me, probably, I will hunt an internal that will look better as enginering section, between all of those mod that I'm using, but to avoid further dependencies, it will be done just for myself later...

My only concerne is that, for the IXS main ship itself, once fitted by the 2 warp rings, one engine and some other parts, the ship itself could need some other "resources" that should be in the main hull, but I will figure that out later, once I could send her in space.
Mostly because other changes are straight related to the next parts I'm looking...

• Sublight engines

Already the "less powerfull" one the (WT-01) is, as Xenon fueled engine, a might one: surelly hungry with EC (that explain all of those huge reactors fitted here and there across all the parts, included the big "free energy" RTGs) but WAAAAY over the top as Xenon engine.
Then the WT-02 pushes it even further...
They should need A LOT of changes, to make them "realistic" (even if we are talking about some sci-fi vessels), or maybe just rework it to be different.
One thought that is bouncing between my (very few) neurons is related, eventually, to a resource I'm continously seeing implemented as "output" by a lot of Blueshift parts, but (up to now, new to your mods) not finding anything that uses it (at least, up to nw, that I'm just speculating in the SPH, with NO hours of flingh any of your creations): what is"ElectroPlasma"??? What does it do??? Is it used somewhere???
I'm asking just because I was eventually thinking to explore a new engineering route for those engines, maybe making them some, very, Hi-Tech Impulse-engines Star Trek-alike (placing them VEEEERY far in any Tech Tree) using maybe exactly a resource that, scavenging in the SPH, nothing seems to use. But for now is nothing else than a random idea...
Above there are their stats: any idea /proposal about them is really appreciated (I will look in the future to some Nertea's engines, or yours from "Deep Space Exploration", for further ispirations, but only when the other parts will have more stable tests in space).
But they are not of immediately concern: they could eventually stay as they are, considering also that...

• "Xenon Gas Collector" and "Xenon Concentrator"

... they are strictly correlated to those two parts: a way to scavenge Xenon from exoplanets, to replenish fuel in flight.
The first is a ResourceIntake that scoop in atmospheric gas with no Oxygen (namely from Jool... but I want to test if it works with other planets), the second uses (probably) whatever the Gas Collector find, to convert it into usable Xenon Gas.
Being highly correlated to the above engines, it will be needed further(future) test to judge if they could have some different use.

- Other parts:

yNsTykw.png

- The IXS Lab is just an external different model for the same stats of the stock lab (and same internal). Having laying around the little MM patch that buff the stock internal to 6 kerbals, I will probably just create a 6 crew lab from it, eventually with some buffed stats here and there.

- In the picture I wrongly placed there the IXS "Crew Habitat" (same stat and internal as the stock "Crew Cabin") and, if Deep Freeze is present, a second one will appear as 10 kerbal cryogenic storage (and I really suppose that, stat wise, is the same as the one present in Deep Freeze, from where it takes also its internal).

For both not so much of work.

- "Advanced Sensor Array" is just a pod with the stock experiments. In the future I'll look eventually for something else to do with it...

- "Resource Sensor" is, again, a straight copy to the stock "Orbital Scanner"... the only problem is that, being from a mod, is not "upgraded" by any patch that hit the stock parts, to expand the range of needed abilities in a modded enviroment. I need to hunt down all the possible mods that I (will) use to add the very same patches to it... It will be just a tedious search, copy and paste, but aside the time spent to it, nothing much of brain is needed to do so.
Or eventually hard-code, all in one, all the final abilities in one only MM patch, straight forward copying them from the MM Parts Cache.

- Tanks

ToQs3lU.png

Left are some takages. From left to right:

- Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer 2.5m tank (standard everywere, for eventually more conventional engines)
- a weird  LqdHe3/LqdDeuterium 2.5m tank: the latter is someway used in the various reactors, but NONE uses the LqdHe3. Probably another leftover of wathever "high speed mod" was inteded to be used originally. Very likely to be the Fusion Pellets/Graviolium tank in the future. (I have only to stack enough Blueshift's 2.5m tanks to figure how much  it will store)

I guess that I could add, eventually, more tanks (or change further my actual ideas about the above if practical uses will arise), just calling the model in future cfg files...

- an Ore tank... with a Karbonite sticker on it (since, I think, no Ore was present at the time the mod was designed, and only Karbonite was a mineable resource: another left over that, personally, I do not care to modify at the moment)

- a B9PartSwitch Xenon/EC or EC only tank (alike the same storage in the Main Hull), straight made calling by cfg the model of the stock Mk3/3.75m adapter (no original model/texture included). It could be eventually (just adding another B9PartSwitch selector) right to be the big brother of the Blueshift one that has the same form, just being shorter, for Fusion Pellets/Graviolium storage, with roughly x2 amount of storage, judging the dimensions...

------

I think that is all the parts.
Meanwhile I'm starting to code some MM patches, feel free to give me advice here about my initial ideas: I'm not a very expert about Blueshift and any more "space-navigated" (... pun, talking about space-SHIPS... :D) player with it is free to give me thoughts about my efforts.

Edited by Araym

@Araym That is definitely a lot to take in! It sounds like you are on the right track to reworking the IXS Enterprise mod to use Blueshift. Since you indicated that you're relatively new to the mod, the wiki might be of help to you. Specifically for warp tech mechanics:

https://github.com/Angel-125/Blueshift/wiki/Warp-Engine-Mechanics

With all the discussions going on, did you need help with specific parts?

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It sounds like you are on the right track to reworking the IXS Enterprise mod to use Blueshift. Since you indicated that you're relatively new to the mod, the wiki might be of help to you. Specifically for warp tech mechanics:

https://github.com/Angel-125/Blueshift/wiki/Warp-Engine-Mechanics

That will help as reference for sure. :D

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not for now... at least untill I actually hit the notepad and code the MM patches.
Overall they are going to be a lot of MM config files, but basically just a copy/paste from your actual parts (with, here and there, some simple multiplications for those ones that needs "moar powah" :cool:)

As said in the top of the "wall of text", maybe as reference (if you can) just the craft file of your "IXS replica", just to have a quick, easy, comparison during the "test/balancement phase" of the actual IXS in space...

Edited by Araym

ADDITION:

35 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Actually something could be needed:
As I will probably put CCT as requirement, did you made some custom addition to it, with your mods, or the node in which did you place your parts is already CCT dependent?
Just to know if I should search the final tech node placement in the original  cfg files, or further hunt down your CCT patch (or more easily, into the MM.Config.Cache, for the already patched result...)

Edited by Araym

7 minutes ago, Araym said:

ADDITION:

Actually something could be needed:
As I will probably put CCT as requirement, did you made some custom addition to it, with your mods, or the node in which did you place your parts is already CCT dependent?
Just to know if I should search the final tech node placement in the original  cfg files, or further hunt down your CCT patch (or more easily, into the MM.Config.Cache, for the already patched result...)

Not sure where to put the craft file but it's incredibly basic. The key elements were the S3 Warp Engine, the S3 Heavy Warp Sustainer, and 3 of the D2 habitat modules from Deep Space Exploration Vessels. It wasn't meant to do anything but loosely resemble the IXS Enterprise.

For the Community Tech Tree, the warp tech parts are incorporated into the Unified Field Theory node. Without CTT, Blueshift uses its own Warp Tech node.

31 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure where to put the craft file but it's incredibly basic. The key elements were the S3 Warp Engine, the S3 Heavy Warp Sustainer, and 3 of the D2 habitat modules from Deep Space Exploration Vessels. It wasn't meant to do anything but loosely resemble the IXS Enterprise.

For the Community Tech Tree, the warp tech parts are incorporated into the Unified Field Theory node. Without CTT, Blueshift uses its own Warp Tech node.

Further in compiling some MM patches, I saw it in some of your parts.
I will simply copy it (to allow the same).

Not being a super-genius in MM config (aside some basics) which ":NEEDS" should I add, to be sure that the patch goes ONLY if your mods are present correctly?

Basically everything is mostly only Blueshift, aside the "Antimatter Collector"/future"Graviolium Collector" that picks heavily from Flying Saucers equivalent part (also as Tech node).
But basically, I think tha both will be needed, just because a lot of part are cross-referencing  both in functionality (example: also the OrbitalScanner is patched by Flying Saucer... and I think the the Plasma Contactor too comes from it...)

FURTHER ADDITION:

As I also play with OPM (I love Sarnus), I would (later) add some Stardust field for the 3, added, gas giant (I'm putting the love where I like, for sure :P)
I found the patch you used to add already it for Jool, but also opther planetary packs... but I just didn't find OPM... a lack that I will like to address later personally, when the IXS will fly to them

Edited by Araym

1 hour ago, Araym said:

Further in compiling some MM patches, I saw it in some of your parts.
I will simply copy it (to allow the same).

Not being a super-genius in MM config (aside some basics) which ":NEEDS" should I add, to be sure that the patch goes ONLY if your mods are present correctly?

Basically everything is mostly only Blueshift, aside the "Antimatter Collector"/future"Graviolium Collector" that picks heavily from Flying Saucers equivalent part (also as Tech node).
But basically, I think tha both will be needed, just because a lot of part are cross-referencing  both in functionality (example: also the OrbitalScanner is patched by Flying Saucer... and I think the the Plasma Contactor too comes from it...)

FURTHER ADDITION:

As I also play with OPM (I love Sarnus), I would (later) add some Stardust field for the 3, added, gas giant (I'm putting the love where I like, for sure :P)
I found the patch you used to add already it for Jool, but also opther planetary packs... but I just didn't find OPM... a lack that I will like to address later personally, when the IXS will fly to them

For anything needed from Blueshift, it should read NEEDS[Blueshift]. Similar for Kerbal Flying Saucers: NEEDS[FlyingSaucers].

Mini Update of my conversion ordeal:
I'm testing some of my MM patches (mostly just to see if they are handled as I expect) and already a good point is that ModuleManeger is not screaming "warnings" or "errors" during load.

Obviously that does not mean that everything up to now is patched as I expect: I do not know if "what I'm saying" it correct, but at least does not have "grammar errors"

On 5/10/2021 at 6:14 AM, Angel-125 said:

A - While there are changes coming to Kerbal Flying Saucers in terms of how you acquire Graviolium, they both use the resource but in different ways. For KFS it uses Graviolium for the gravitic engine and Crazy Mode. If you look at the part descriptions, Crazy Mode implies that it's a prototype for the warp engine. In Blueshift, that prototype is realized in a fully functioning warp engine.

B - For the IXS Warpship:

1. I'd definitely create one of the rings as the engine and one as a heavy sustainer. See my reference pics below.

2. The KFS gravitic engine runs on Graviolium but it apply gravitic acceleration instead of traditiona thrust. As I recall from the IXS mod, its sublight engine produces thrust, so I'd go with some high thrust, high specific impulse engine, like the Hypernova from Deep Space Exploration Vessels or one of Nert's comparable engines.

3. The parallel to the animatter collector would be Kerbal Flying Saucers' Stardust Graviolium Collector.

4. The Tokamak Reactors could easily use Blueshift's fusion reactor configs, while the Zero Point Generators could be advanced generators available when you unlock Jump Tech. The Warp LqdDeuterium parts sound like something that could store Fusion Pellets and/or Graviolium. The gas collector could become a large static discharger. I'd also take that science pod and turn it into a bigger version of the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2.

Reference pics from a ship I made last night:

QNCfxIN.png

UKp7VjB.png

EB6UFCF.png

Y1BHg5k.png

wow! very useful for interstellar travel with successful combination of Blueshift and IXS ship! i am still working on a IXS ship..that will not break my PC! 

@Angel-125
Patching is going decently...

... but I have a couple of question about  some of the MODULEs of the S3 Main Engine ring (I'm just writing patches and briefly checking in the VAB: none of the IXS parts are flown up to now):

1. Are "WBIAnimatedTexture" for "moduleID = WarpCore" and "moduleID = WarpCoil" just the glowing animation relative to your part and not related to the warp animation around the ship when actually in warp? Are them just skippable in the IXS main ring that does not have any glowing parts?
  2. I think I'm pretty succesful to have patched the power of the Main rings with a 2x scale (with also related cost multiplied by the same).  The only values that I didn't chage were "planetarySOISpeedCurve" (basically understand is the malus of warping in a planet gravity well) and "warpCurve". As I'm pretty sure that the first one could stay as it is, I do not have a totally grasp of "warpCurve": should I multiply any of the value in that by x2, to really achieve a "double powerful warp engine", or can I leave them as they are (considering that any other main value is already doubled and functioning)?

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

I forgot to mention what ElectroPlasma is for: in Kerbal Flying Saucers, there are plasma-based RCS thrusters that are powered by ElectroPlasma.

Yeah! I found those plasma RCS and I "connected the dots" about ElectroPlasma usage

Edited by Araym

1 hour ago, Araym said:

@Angel-125
Patching is going decently...

... but I have a couple of question about  some of the MODULEs of the S3 Main Engine ring (I'm just writing patches and briefly checking in the VAB: none of the IXS parts are flown up to now):

1. Are "WBIAnimatedTexture" for "moduleID = WarpCore" and "moduleID = WarpCoil" just the glowing animation relative to your part and not related to the warp animation around the ship when actually in warp? Are them just skippable in the IXS main ring that does not have any glowing parts?
  2. I think I'm pretty succesful to have patched the power of the Main rings with a 2x scale (with also related cost multiplied by the same).  The only values that I didn't chage were "planetarySOISpeedCurve" (basically understand is the malus of warping in a planet gravity well) and "warpCurve". As I'm pretty sure that the first one could stay as it is, I do not have a totally grasp of "warpCurve": should I multiply any of the value in that by x2, to really achieve a "double powerful warp engine", or can I leave them as they are (considering that any other main value is already doubled and functioning)?

Yeah! I found those plasma RCS and I "connected the dots" about ElectroPlasma usage

The animated texture module is just for the glowing parts of the warp engine and can be safely ignored. There should be comments in the warp engine and generator modules that tell them to use the animated texture module. Just comment those lines out.

for the warp curve I would leave it as is. The IXS rings will be plenty powerful as is.