[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

10 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

damn impressive.

Thanks! :) It's an alpha release- I'm just starting to work on the Warp Sustainer- but the effects are working. I want to write a controller for Waterfall that adjusts the warp effects based on speed, but for now it works.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks! :) It's an alpha release- I'm just starting to work on the Warp Sustainer- but the effects are working. I want to write a controller for Waterfall that adjusts the warp effects based on speed, but for now it works.

Can't wait to warp around in GU with this.

2 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Maybe the Singularity mod could be used to generate warp bubble distortion effects?

Sadly no. The mod author said that the mod works on planets instead of parts. But good thought. :) On the other hand, I did some research and there may be a way to make a shader that can produce the effect.

Waterfall supports custom shaders and I found an article on how to make a black hole shader. So this might be possible.

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Sadly no. The mod author said that the mod works on planets instead of parts. But good thought. :) On the other hand, I did some research and there may be a way to make a shader that can produce the effect.

Waterfall supports custom shaders and I found an article on how to make a black hole shader. So this might be possible.

I was just thinking about this while reading. 

AromaticMiniatureGoose-size_restricted.g

Haven't played ksp  alot thus haven't noticed it got released, lol

anyway another question is can other modders make themselves  warp drives based on blueshift system? Like there is various mods based on usi's warp drive system. It would be cool if we can use blueshift system for warp drives.

Edited by ssd21345

and another thing I want to know, since the warp drive detect whether it's in space, if I build the warp drive in space using extraplanetary launchpads/ground construction, can the warp drive work?

Edited by ssd21345

17 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Haven't played ksp  alot thus haven't noticed it got released, lol

anyway another question is can other modders make themselves  warp drives based on blueshift system? Like there is various mods based on usi's warp drive system. It would be cool if we can use blueshift system for warp drives.

Yup! The plugin lets you build other parts or adapt existing ones.

11 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

and another thing I want to know, since the warp drive detect whether it's in space, if I build the warp drive in space using extraplanetary launchpads/ground construction, can the warp drive work?

Definitely. Once launched into orbit you'll be able to go to warp.

I tried it out and..... what?!?! Thats the BEST FTL mod i've ever seen!!

Positive:

-Not too fast

-Really good Texturing

-Nice Sounds 

-BEST WARP BUBBLE IN A MOD

(And Much, much more positive things)

Negative (e.g Bugs,...)

-The Warp Bubble is a bit too bright in the front of the spaceship

-Controls are tricky (menu of the FTL Drive)

-The Sound laggs if you're in the map

-the safety distance is a bit too high (1.800 KM at kerbin. I would prefer min. 250KM)

-idk if i'm stupid, but i don't understand the fuel thing, so does it need EC, (FTL Fuel or something like that),...

I know that the mod is in Version 0.1 and many things will change in the futur, but for your first version it's REALLY good!

Thanks for such an impressive FTL mod!

Some Pics from KSP (I know that my KSP is on German):

7wud3so.png

P4zHsDt.png

tmo5gTc.png

From Outside of the Warp Bubble:

yo2qsWy.png

Edited by PalowPower

7 hours ago, Cyne said:

A few screenshots that I got when messing around with the warp drives -

Looks and works amazing, awesome work!

Looks great, I like the design! Thanks for the screenshots! :)

7 hours ago, PalowPower said:

Is there any other way to download it, cuz github download speed r very slow. My Internet speed is like 10 MB/s but github download speed is 10 KB/s...

Btw. Looks very Nice!

I'm currently only supporting github during development, but it'll be available on CKAN once finished.

5 hours ago, PalowPower said:

I tried it out and..... what?!?! Thats the BEST FTL mod i've ever seen!!

Positive:

-Not too fast

-Really good Texturing

-Nice Sounds 

-BEST WARP BUBBLE IN A MOD

(And Much, much more positive things)

Negative (e.g Bugs,...)

-The Warp Bubble is a bit too bright in the front of the spaceship

-Controls are tricky (menu of the FTL Drive)

-The Sound laggs if you're in the map

-the safety distance is a bit too high (1.800 KM at kerbin. I would prefer min. 250KM)

-idk if i'm stupid, but i don't understand the fuel thing, so does it need EC, (FTL Fuel or something like that),...

I know that the mod is in Version 0.1 and many things will change in the futur, but for your first version it's REALLY good!

Thanks for such an impressive FTL mod!

Thanks for the feedback and the screenshots. The current release has debug information turned on. If you go into the config file, find WBIWarpEngine, and set debugMode = false, it will clean up the menu. You can also adjust the safety distance- set minPlanetaryRadius to something other than 3.0 and you'll be good to go.

Meanwhile, I've been working on the next update. This go around, I've got the warp effects controlled by speed and not throttle- there's no change to you except that they'll appear based on how fast you're going. Also, there's an auditory indicator for when you hit light speed. And I'm fleshing out the S-3 Warp Sustainer:

YnIqVHi.png

In regards to the fuel, you need Fuel Pellets as well as Graviolium. You can fill your tanks with Fuel Pellets in the VAB/SPH. Graviolium can be mined from asteroids and comets unless you use the cheat button to fill it in the editor. As I get more parts done I'll make an infographic to teach players about acquiring Graviolium...

Happy New Year! Hopefully 2021 will be less brutal than 2020...

Anyway, here is Blueshift version 0.2!

YFzTIo8.png

This release tweaks the warp effects to be based on current velocity instead of throttle setting, and adds an auditory indicator for when you break light speed. It also cleans up the debug fields in the Part Action Window. Finally, I've added new parts:

• S-3 Warp Sustainer - This is designed to increase the vessel mass for efficient travel and/or help ships go faster.
  • S-3 Warp Core - This part is a warp engine- but without the ringed warp coil. Right now it's of limited utility but next release will add another warp coil.
  • S-3 Gravimetric Displacement Generator- This part generates additional gravity waves.
  • S-3 Fusion Reactor- This part produces a lot of Electric Charge.

Finally, I've started filling out the wiki as well. Here's a sample page.