[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

11 hours ago, CookieBorg said:

Is there any easy way to configure it so that only the jump gates spawn (no tetrahedrons)?

I'd love to slowly discover a gate network but I'm not interested in accidentally filling out the tech tree along the way.

uafOJ1e.png

You can turn off space anomalies, which will also turn off the jumpgates. Allowing jumpgates to spawn requires the anomalies. You also have the ability to build your own jumpgates.

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

uafOJ1e.png

You can turn off space anomalies, which will also turn off the jumpgates. Allowing jumpgates to spawn requires the anomalies. You also have the ability to build your own jumpgates.

Wait, couldn't I just delete the "Tet" part folder from the files? 

26 minutes ago, CookieBorg said:

Wait, couldn't I just delete the "Tet" part folder from the files? 

You could also do that. What I'd suggest is:

1) Turn off space anomalies temporarily.
2) Delete the Tet folder from SpaceAnomalies.
3) Restart KSP.
4) Turn space anomalies back on.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

You could also do that. What I'd suggest is:

1) Turn off space anomalies temporarily.
2) Delete the Tet folder from SpaceAnomalies.
3) Restart KSP.
4) Turn space anomalies back on.

Solid advice, thanks! Nothing against your excellent work on this mod. My ships are already cruising around with far-future fusion drives, so abandoned alien jump gates are exactly what I need  to rip off the entire plot of...

(spoiler warning)

Spoiler

The Expanse.

Edited by CookieBorg

• 2 weeks later...

Are you supposed to be able to select a destination for discovered (randomly-spawned) jump gates?  I'm just testing some stuff out and using the cheat-rendezvous tool, and I've never been able to get the destination selection to pop up.

ok, so the destination selection button only appears if there are at least 2 available destinations.

Also, on the latest version in 1.12 I teleported near a wormhole and it didn't seem to work properly...I just moved through the surface until hitting something solid inside.

On further investigation I'm running a frankenbuild of galaxies unbound, and the wormhole seems to be specifically set up for a specific destination that I didn't currently have loaded.

New issue: is there supposed to be a constant effect when the gate is connected to something?  I’m pretty sure I saw that in previous versions but I don’t see it now.  There is an effect that plays when you change the destination, but then it ends and there’s nothing.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 8/11/2021 at 12:54 AM, CookieBorg said:

Is there any easy way to configure it so that only the jump gates spawn (no tetrahedrons)?

I'd love to slowly discover a gate network but I'm not interested in accidentally filling out the tech tree along the way.

You can make a MM patch that removes them:

!SPACE_ANOMALY[tetrahedon] {}

(note tetrahedron is spelled wrong in blueshift)

Edited by JonnyOThan

15 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Are you supposed to be able to select a destination for discovered (randomly-spawned) jump gates?  I'm just testing some stuff out and using the cheat-rendezvous tool, and I've never been able to get the destination selection to pop up.

ok, so the destination selection button only appears if there are at least 2 available destinations.

Also, on the latest version in 1.12 I teleported near a wormhole and it didn't seem to work properly...I just moved through the surface until hitting something solid inside.

On further investigation I'm running a frankenbuild of galaxies unbound, and the wormhole seems to be specifically set up for a specific destination that I didn't currently have loaded.

New issue: is there supposed to be a constant effect when the gate is connected to something?  I’m pretty sure I saw that in previous versions but I don’t see it now.  There is an effect that plays when you change the destination, but then it ends and there’s nothing.

The gate's effects should only show up when you select a destination, or when you only have two jumpgates.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a guide on how to use the warp cores, gravitic generators, and warp coils? The description of the gravitic generators implies they can be used without warp cores, but looking at the actual part info they lack the "engine" module that the warp cores have.

2 hours ago, Starseeker said:

Is there a guide on how to use the warp cores, gravitic generators, and warp coils? The description of the gravitic generators implies they can be used without warp cores, but looking at the actual part info they lack the "engine" module that the warp cores have.

Have you seen the wiki? The way it works, warp engines make the ship go, warp coils make the ship go fast, and gravimetric generators give you the power to energize the warp coils.

The generators can be used without the warp coils and engines; they're intended to power the jump engine that I'm planning on.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you seen the wiki? The way it works, warp engines make the ship go, warp coils make the ship go fast, and gravimetric generators give you the power to energize the warp coils.

The generators can be used without the warp coils and engines; they're intended to power the jump engine that I'm planning on.

I took a look at that, yeah, but it seems to be more for explaining the part modules than the actual parts themselves - at least, from what I understood. My question was more of "can the gravimetric generator parts be used in place of warp cores?"

Edited by Starseeker

12 hours ago, Starseeker said:

I took a look at that, yeah, but it seems to be more for explaining the part modules than the actual parts themselves - at least, from what I understood. My question was more of "can the gravimetric generator parts be used in place of warp cores?"

Gravimetic generators are standalone and also a feature of the warp core. If the warp core's own generator is not enough to meet the warp capacity needs of the warp coils, then you add some standalone generators. You must have at lease one warp core on the ship in order to warp.

Before Blueshift, the gravitic generators had, and still have, another purpose. That is to power the gravitic engines which are great for anti-gravity and sub-light main propulsion.

1 hour ago, Dobelong said:

That being said I've accidentally drained all my graviolium in long term time warp by forgetting to turn off reactor power at least 20 times now :confused:

Lol! :D I actually didn't think this could be done. If it helps, some WBI things that can't be action grouped while in the VAB can still be action-grouped in-flight, so check the in-flight action group editor and launch a rescue mission.

49 minutes ago, modus said:

Welcome to the club:cool:

For the warp cores, engines, and gravitic generators, you could try editing the config files so that, for GravityWaves, you set  DumpExcess = false. See if that helps any. If it does then I'll fix that in the next release.

• 3 weeks later...

What is Lqd Deuterium and why does the drive need a resource that doesn't exist? I found a YouTube video on these warp drives explaining the warp drives explaining how to power them assuming you don't have FFT, because it would be too much effort to elaborate on that. Thanks, lazy tutorial channel - I can only assume it has something to do with the reactors, very lost here.

Edit: found the fusion tanks - was expecting everything to either be in cryogenic or multipurpose tanks.

Edited by Bej Kerman

7 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

What is Lqd Deuterium and why does the drive need a resource that doesn't exist? I found a YouTube video on these warp drives explaining the warp drives explaining how to power them assuming you don't have FFT, because it would be too much effort to elaborate on that. Thanks, lazy tutorial channel - I can only assume it has something to do with the reactors, very lost here.

Edit: found the fusion tanks - was expecting everything to either be in cryogenic or multipurpose tanks.

LqdDeuterium is from Community Resource Pack. If you use FFT you'll also need CRP.

Meanwhile, Blueshift 1.6.0 is now available:

Changes

- Added new GR-50S Spherical Graviolium Tank. This is a 5m-diameter tank that holds Graviolium.
- Added support for EVA Repairs, if installed. You can find the mini-mod here.
- Removed built-in part failure functionality in favor of EVA Repairs.
- Fixed issue where drills were not harvesting graviolium on planetary surfaces that had the resource.
- Fixed issue where blue glowing sections weren't animating.

Ok so I got the mod installed and everything, however as I am trying to warp I am getting an error saying "Not enough power for FTL". I have the Graviolium tank and Fusion reactor, and yet I still get a: "not enough power for FTL" thing. Here is a screenshot of the craft I am using, am I doing something wrong?
Also staging the craft, like pressing space causes my entire game to crash.
9rfZMKt.png

Edited by Savitar
Forgot screenshot

@Savitar I get the impression that your ship is short on gravitic displacement generators. These are very different from fusion reactors. These consume Graviolium and produce GravityWaves which is what the warp drive runs on. If GravityWaves production is insufficient to get the ship going then the warp drive considers itself powerless and won't even try. These generators come standalone and as a component of "Warp sustainers" and warp cores/ warp engines themselves. Feel free to add some and maybe a few warp coil/nacelle pieces.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Savitar I get the impression that your ship is short on gravitic displacement generators. These are very different from fusion reactors. These consume Graviolium and produce GravityWaves which is what the warp drive runs on. If GravityWaves production is insufficient to get the ship going then the warp drive considers itself powerless and won't even try. These generators come standalone and as a component of "Warp sustainers" and warp cores/ warp engines themselves. Feel free to add some and maybe a few warp coil/nacelle pieces.

Alright! Unfortunately I tested it out even added in warp sustenance as well as 2 gravitic displacement generators(Yes I tried one) and I got the same error, needs more power. Idk if I am doing this right but here is a screenshot of my improved craft with the gravity generators, even added in some warp coils and I still got the same error. I am also noticing some crashing when I stage, maybe that has something to do with it?
Ok so update: I was able to get the warp coils to work properly, however that drive specifically is giving me mega trouble
LAiVrnC.png

Edited by Savitar

Do you have to mine Graviolium or can you fill it up right away from the start of a vessel from the SPH/VAB (interessting for Warp-capable-SSTOs...) at a certain cost? Are there also converters planned to generate graviolium out of other ressources (e.g. stuff from the NF/FF Mods or the community ressource pack?)

What are those fission pellets and electroplasma ressources for. They are not mentioned in the wiki?

And as i scanned through the configs of the mod, I saw you do something with the stock docking ports. What does it do? Does it interfere with the driftbug-fix-mod from gotmachine/JPLRepo?

Edited by Rakete