[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

On 9/25/2021 at 9:37 PM, Rakete said:

Do you have to mine Graviolium or can you fill it up right away from the start of a vessel from the SPH/VAB (interessting for Warp-capable-SSTOs...) at a certain cost? Are there also converters planned to generate graviolium out of other ressources (e.g. stuff from the NF/FF Mods or the community ressource pack?)

What are those fission pellets and electroplasma ressources for. They are not mentioned in the wiki?

And as i scanned through the configs of the mod, I saw you do something with the stock docking ports. What does it do? Does it interfere with the driftbug-fix-mod from gotmachine/JPLRepo?

You can put them in in the VAB/SPH, I believe you can collect them from space as well but I'm not entirely sure

Was the Maximum Warp speed of Interplanetary Speed decreased? Last time I flew to another Star i had about 2Mio. c. Now I'm getting 33k. And well, since you can't time warp with Blueshift, it would take days i guess to get to that star/planet.

1XdcFgZ.png

Edited by PalowPower

On 10/4/2021 at 2:41 AM, Terminator Shock said:

You can put them in in the VAB/SPH, I believe you can collect them from space as well but I'm not entirely sure

Graviolium is best found in asteroids; secondarily found in exo resource bands around some planets; finally, at the least, barely in the surface of some unlikely planets. Ideally, it's best found at planets around certain stars in other planet mods.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, PalowPower said:

Was the Maximum Warp speed of Interplanetary Speed decreased? Last time I flew to another Star i had about 2Mio. c. Now I'm getting 33k. And well, since you can't time warp with Blueshift, it would take days i guess to get to that star/planet.

1XdcFgZ.png

Interplanetary speed might have been nerfed as part of Angel's troubleshooting someone else's reent issue, but also, depending on the planet pack you have installed, Blueshift may have trouble deciding when Interplanetary stops and Interstellar begins.

Side note: I've seen quite a few instances of people reporting that it's a bad idea to timewarp while using a warp drive mod. KSP already has quite a handful with how much your ship is moving under normal physics time. Physics warp makes physics calculation unreliable and unstable.

If there is another assembled astrium porta anywhere else a new arbitrium part launched - just the part -  has its waterfall effects activated. I don't think that's expected, but I should state that the blueshift version is from march. I haven't updated anything since i am still in. 1.11.xx. Is this something that was fixed later?  should i be able to 'deactiivate' those effects? hack the waterfall configs? Anyway --- any help would be appreciated... I will try later versions just in case and hopefully they work for 1.11

I noticed something similar the other day (latest version of both ksp and blueshift) when I was approaching a warpship with a non-warpship. The warp parts started glowing when I throttled up, eventhough they were on a ship I wasn't even controlling.

Not a huge gamebreaker for me but maybe a little weird :sticktongue:

Question, the resource definition for graviolum in the Kerbin magnetosphere is as follows:

Spoiler

{
    ResourceName = Graviolium
    ResourceType = 3
    PlanetName = Kerbin
    Tag = KerbinGrav3
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = 0.01
        MaxAbundance = 0.02
        MinAltitude = 0.0234
        MaxAltitude = 2
        MinRange = 0.5
        MaxRange = 0.5
        Variance = 0
    }
}

Which orbit height do i need to get a ship with a advanced particle collector from USI to grab those shiny particles of graviolum. Is it 234km to 2000km?

edit: apparently it only works for karbonite and karborundum. So - what part to use to collect Graviolum particles with ResourceType = 3 then?

Edited by g_BonE

On 10/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, modus said:

I noticed something similar the other day (latest version of both ksp and blueshift) when I was approaching a warpship with a non-warpship. The warp parts started glowing when I throttled up, eventhough they were on a ship I wasn't even controlling.

Not a huge gamebreaker for me but maybe a little weird :sticktongue:

I haven't figured out why that happens yet, but it might be because the warp coils don't realize that they aren't the active vessel.

13 hours ago, g_BonE said:

Question, the resource definition for graviolum in the Kerbin magnetosphere is as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    ResourceType = 3
    PlanetName = Kerbin
    Tag = KerbinGrav3
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = 0.01
        MaxAbundance = 0.02
        MinAltitude = 0.0234
        MaxAltitude = 2
        MinRange = 0.5
        MaxRange = 0.5
        Variance = 0
    }
}

Which orbit height do i need to get a ship with a advanced particle collector from USI to grab those shiny particles of graviolum. Is it 234km to 2000km?

edit: apparently it only works for karbonite and karborundum. So - what part to use to collect Graviolum particles with ResourceType = 3 then?

I haven't tried Blueshift with USI parts. For graviolium, you'd need the Stardust Graviolium Collector, but that is found in Kerbal Flying Saucers. For Blueshift, you can mine the asteroids for Graviolium- and Dres.

Thanks for the reply, its just that on both Eve and Dres the abundance of Gravoilum is abysmal...

Spoiler

//Unless otherwise noted, all planets don't have graviolium that can be mined from the surface, ocean, or atmosphere.
//Why Dres? because nobody ever goes there.
PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[!KFS]
{
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Dres

Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = .001
        MaxAbundance = .01
        Variance = 50
        Dispersal = 3
    }
}

//Eve is just a PITA, so there's some reward for going there.
PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[!KFS]
{
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Eve

Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = .001
        MaxAbundance = .01
        Variance = 50
        Dispersal = 3
    }
}

so i think finding a roid with it might be the only option for now.

Hello @Angel-125 - Blueshift seemed to be triggering NRE spam when loading a save file in KSP JNSQ. It doesn't seem to happen every time, I guess it depends on where the anomaly is generated.

It basically repeats this about 11000 times. Complete log available on request. I checked my persistent.sfs file and it told me that "Vessel UNK-RSH-234" was one of the tetrahedron anomalies.

[WRN 19:29:35.860] [F: 396668]: Vessel UNK-RSH-234 crashed through terrain on Kerbin.
[EXC 19:29:35.861] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.GetVesselCrew () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.MurderCrew () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.CheckKill () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <ca304b2bfeb74072be7896fda2fe229a>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.FixedUpdate () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 19:29:35.863] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.UpdateCaches () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.FixedUpdate () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

18 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hello @Angel-125 - Blueshift seemed to be triggering NRE spam when loading a save file in KSP JNSQ. It doesn't seem to happen every time, I guess it depends on where the anomaly is generated.

It basically repeats this about 11000 times. Complete log available on request. I checked my persistent.sfs file and it told me that "Vessel UNK-RSH-234" was one of the tetrahedron anomalies.

[WRN 19:29:35.860] [F: 396668]: Vessel UNK-RSH-234 crashed through terrain on Kerbin.
[EXC 19:29:35.861] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.GetVesselCrew () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.MurderCrew () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.CheckKill () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) (at <ca304b2bfeb74072be7896fda2fe229a>:0)
	VesselPrecalculate.FixedUpdate () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
[EXC 19:29:35.863] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.UpdateCaches () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
	Vessel.FixedUpdate () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)

Not sure what is going on here, did you crash a space anomaly into Kerbin?

I didn't crash a space anomaly into Kerbin either, but space anomalies or something else from Blueshift may be crashing my KSP :)

I posted the report and logs over at Principia's Github issue tracker as the issue only happens when Blueshift and Principia are installed together and the actual error reported is from Principia.

I'm having an issue with what I think is this mod and GU.

Basically, when I use a warp drive to travel to another star system, no matter which one, on SOI change my game will freeze and I will have to kill it. This happens no matter what star system from GU I travel to
The weird part is that when I take that same vessel and just use cheats to put myself directly in orbit of the star system, it doesnt crash, which leads me to believe the error must be caused by the act of travelling there.

I have narrowed down my entire modlist down to 5 mods to try and find the issue, yet it still persists so I'm hoping that you may be able to look into it

MODLIST:

ModuleManager 4.2.1
Kopernicus 1.12.1-60
ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0 (dependency of Kopernicus)
Blueshift 1.6.2
Galaxies Unbound 1.1 with all optional systems

Reproduction of Freeze:

1. Build a simple craft capable of warping (in my case a command pod with a warp fuel tank and a prefab warp engine)

2. Launch/use cheats to put vessel into orbit of kerbin

3. Use warp to travel to any system, for testing I used Kerman's Star

4. Shortly after reaching Kerman's Star's SOI, the game locks up and stops responding, forcing me to close it

Alternate Reproduction (no Freeze):

1. Build a simple craft capable of warping (in my case a command pod with a warp fuel tank and a prefab warp engine)

2. Launch/use cheats to put vessel into orbit of kerbin

3. Use Cheats to put vessel into orbit of any system, for testing I used Kerman's Star

4. Game will not freeze and work fine

System Specs:

32GB RAM, GTX 1050Ti (4GB) GPU, Ryzen 5 3600X CPU

I have included my player.log file of both Reproduction approaches, Player_warp.log being the procedure in the "Reproduction of Freeze" section and Player_cheat.log being the procedure in the "Alternate Reproduction (no Freeze)" section.

Logs (sadly no DL as I can't figue out dropbox)