[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

Does this only happen when you warp to another system? Can you warp around in the Kerbol system (from Kerbin to Jool for example), or in another system?

I haven't really looked in detail at your logs, but it looks like Blueshift has trouble recognizing in which system you are or what the last planet is. I had this too when I started using MPE.

(I would recommend not using the Steamdirectory for your modded installs)

It only happens when I leave kerbol sphere of influence, i can warp around in the stock system all I want

I haven't tried warping around in another system, but I will do that now and report back

does using my steam install directory affect performance or might even be causing this freeze? I'm not actually launching the game through steam

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered this mod along with Impulse party and GU. Figured I’d spice things up and go interstellar. After some trial and error and many looks through the various forum pages, I think I have the hang of things. As a proof of concept, I decided to make this cool ship loosely based on an obscure background ship from Star Trek. I think it came out pretty neat. Thanks for making this great mod.tParxgG.png

hmoJXRx.png

9UqjvTA.png

HTO31yp.png

6 hours ago, CSRobot said:

I just discovered this mod along with Impulse party and GU. Figured I’d spice things up and go interstellar. After some trial and error and many looks through the various forum pages, I think I have the hang of things. As a proof of concept, I decided to make this cool ship loosely based on an obscure background ship from Star Trek. I think it came out pretty neat. Thanks for making this great mod.

Very nice ship. She deserve to be named.

Ah a fellow person of culture I see. Yes in that universe it is indeed the XCV-330 Enterprise as here: 

iEz1CDZ.jpg

Though in my playthrough the ship is designated the SV-018 Pathfinder. Once I have all the EVE configs set up I plan on posting a mission report about the voyages of the Pathfinder and other ships of the United Kerbin Interstellar Fleet. Until then here are a few more beauty shots from my preliminary testing. 

hc7vnIg.png

3YNd2bC.png

KgtHSrV.png

8DeJvds.png

On 12/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, CSRobot said:

8DeJvds.png

I thought the ship alone was epic but I'm fully mindblown at this screenshot -- the involvement of a very large and very, very useful-looking station. :o

I just realized though that you have a fission reactor feeding a fusion engine. 9.5 out of 10. :D

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 12/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, orangecat1248 said:

I was looking through the earlier posts, and there was mention of 1.25M warp parts and a jump drive. Is that still planned, or has that been dumped? I think it would be great if we could get those, but if not there are other mods.

I didn’t have plans for 1.25m parts that I recall, but @JadeOfMaar’s dev thread has some, I think. I remember thinking that mk2 would be the smallest form factor for warp. I did have plans for a jump engine but that won’t happen until- well, not sure. I am pretty burned out and am trying to finish Sandcastle right now. After that I might be taking a long modding break until KSP 2. The good news is that Blueshift has a lot of warp engine parts. Originally it was supposed to be 2 or 3 per engine type, so now builders have a wide variety to choose from. :)

@Angel-125,I have a few other things I would like to mention:

Bug:

the action groups for blueshift modules can't be set in the editor, but they can in flight. KFS's part modules work fine.

Suggestion:

Instead of costing a certain amount of graviolium to circularizer directly proportional to vessel mass, use:

delta-v for circularization manuver at current altitude(look at how MJ does it)

times graviolium and fusionpellets to warp at 1c for 1 second (changable w/ difficulty)

If that's too much, maybe at least use the same ratio of graviolium to fusionpellets as normal warp operation? that will probably be easy enough for me to MM it myself.

Blueshift's reactors are OP, they produce more power than the reactors in far future tech, while being much smaller.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the missing explodium definition in dsev is a thing, I copied the definiton over from classic stock and it worked fine.  for the KFS defintions, maybe just use fusionpellets only, inculde its resource defintion, and remove the hydroscoop?

for the KFS gravtic engines, I'd like there to be a "vertical" thrust mode that is 90 degrees pitch up from the control point, to allow flight like a helicopter or one of Cupcake's dropships.

Last thing: Is WBIModuleCOMThrust defined in wild blue tools, or in KFS?

Edited by orangecat1248
realized I had more stuff to say

2 hours ago, orangecat1248 said:

Blueshift's reactors are OP, they produce more power than the reactors in far future tech, while being much smaller.

I don't think so? This is their EC outputs as read from their part configs. I don't use FFT so do let me know if I'm wrong. Additionally, the Blueshift reactors are hidden and unselectable when FFT is installed.

r8I6z6c.png

for the KFS gravtic engines, I'd like there to be a "vertical" thrust mode that is 90 degrees pitch up from the control point, to allow flight like a helicopter or one of Cupcake's dropships.

That is already a thing. In the flight ops panel (the black helicopter icon in the toolbar) select VTOL (from the thrust direction options) and have HOVR turned off.

XZEQbnN.png

Last thing: Is WBIModuleCOMThrust defined in wild blue tools, or in KFS?

Assume that it's in KFS as otherwise doesn't make sense and could count as bloat to the shared plugin, WBT.

@DaBakonAder, I think it's 1.5 planet radii, from the center.

@JadeOfMaar, sorry, I must have misread the config files. They still seem really OP though. just slap one on your base and never worry about power again!

@Angel-125, I looked through the config files, and it doesn't look like its possible to have 2 circularization resources. maybe use GravityWaves?

Edited by orangecat1248

1 hour ago, orangecat1248 said:

They still seem really OP though. just slap one on your base and never worry about power again!

This is exactly why we want fusion power, and compact fusion power IRL. :)Your landed base may not be complex enough to make adequate use of it then, but other players will beg to differ. Or perhaps they seem OP because they're not as complex to operate as FFT ones, or that they fit better than FFT into a base built with stockalike parts.

1 hour ago, orangecat1248 said:

circularization resources

GravityWaves is a transient resource (representing a force exerted and existing for only a moment) and is something that (by function) should always be full for the instant it's needed, and should be empty when it's no longer needed. For the same reason, you can't tank or tax the moment of combustion in a car engine for this purpose. You tax the gasoline... So it only makes sense to tax Graviolium for the auto-circularization.

3 hours ago, DaBakonAder said:

what's the minimum warping altitude for each planet?

1x body radius, from sea level

On 11/29/2021 at 1:42 AM, CSRobot said:

hmoJXRx.png

I should've thought to ask sooner since you're using an Impulse Party engine. What's the TWR (assuming LKO) and dV like?

13 minutes ago, orangecat1248 said:

@JadeOfMaar, what I meant was to use fusionpellets to circularize also - otherwise, how would the graviolium be electrically charged without power?

Oh, that. Angel's not going to make that his concern. Only Graviolium is important because it's meant to be super-rare and can't be synthesized. You must mine it (and as much as possible, avoid cheating your tanks full while in the VAB-- launch from orbit and fill your tanks from a Graviolium depot). ElectricCharge or whatever you choose to burn to produce ElectricCharge, can be any and many things, and are all too easily refilled/ can be virtually infinite so these are not worth the effort to code the mod to try to do math on.

On 12/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

That is already a thing. In the flight ops panel (the black helicopter icon in the toolbar) select VTOL (from the thrust direction options) and have HOVR turned off.

XZEQbnN.png

Assume that it's in KFS as otherwise doesn't make sense and could count as bloat to the shared plugin, WBT.

The current VTOL mode just pushes away from the center of the planet. If I tilt forward, I want to accelerate forward because the thrust vector is tilted forward.

The current VTOL mode just pushes away from the center of the planet. If I tilt forward, I want to accelerate forward because the thrust vector is tilted forward.

Ah. You were that specific. In that case, the way it goes is you do FWD thrust with HOVR on and you adjust your vertical speed by the keybinds highlighted in the window (Page Down/Up or Delete --not in the numpad). But there isn't a means for you to actually do diagonal thrust and the "pitched over like a heli" thing if that's what you're looking for. (That's just going to make you suffer from drag if you could do that anyway)