[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

Well heck.  Sorry to keep coming back like this.   I've got Blueshift installed and with it ClassicStockResources.  I've kind of sorted ouit the making of things like Equipment - but how does one store said Equipment.  Reconfiguring the Omni requires a certain amount of said Equipment.

And then the PreciousMetals and other things.  Is Pathfinder a pre-req also?  Is there a dependency chart around that I've missed?

I keep seeing KIS as needed.  Is it a pre-req?  I've got KAS (and like it a lot).

Thanks!

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
correct for new info I've found

@Ooglak Kerman If you have Wild Blue Tools (and you should), you'll have access to the Buckboards which are KIS type boxes with OmniStorage. If ever you're going to launch something that costs Equipment to reconfigure, be sure to bring some with you in the first place. Pathfinder is a must-have because it has several inflatable parts and the purpose of many of them is to be OmniStorage and attached on-site with KIS+KAS.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Ooglak Kerman If you have Wild Blue Tools (and you should), you'll have access to the Buckboards which are KIS type boxes with OmniStorage. If ever you're going to launch something that costs Equipment to reconfigure, be sure to bring some with you in the first place. Pathfinder is a must-have because it has several inflatable parts and the purpose of many of them is to be OmniStorage and attached on-site with KIS+KAS.

What does OmniStorage do? It doesn't seem to do anything for me. If I click on the button that says "Omni" nothing happens. Sometimes there isn't even a console error. Does it have any dependencies? I might be missing one. I have WildBlueTools, Kerbal Actuators, and Classic Stock Resources already. **Disregard this, the problem was Far Future Technologies causing some funky stuff.**

Edited by namreK haidebeJ
Solved Problem

4 hours ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

What does OmniStorage do?

It's a fuel switch method. It lets you choose any and many resources to put into a tank at a given time. It even handles stock inventory capacity and KIS capacity, all at once.

4 hours ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

**Disregard this, the problem was Far Future Technologies causing some funky stuff.**

*Curiosity roves again*

On 12/30/2021 at 12:05 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Thank you for this clarification @JadeOfMaar.  The question remains though if KIS is a dependency or if it can be done without it.  I have KAS, but not KIS and am somewhat reticent to install KIS given that it hasn't been updated to 1.12.x.  Easy enough to test I suppose.

Another question is the acquisition and storage of things like PreciousMetals.  Is this another Pathfinder thing?

Thank you for your great work and good wishes for a great new year @Angel-125 and @JadeOfMaar

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Never mind on the storage. I see the buckboards can do that.

3 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

The question remains though if KIS is a dependency or if it can be done without it.  I have KAS, but not KIS and am somewhat reticent to install KIS given that it hasn't been updated to 1.12.x.  Easy enough to test I suppose.

KAS+KIS are still a dependency, but ceased to be a hard one since stock inventory and stock EVA Construction happened. KIS works just fine in 1.12.x.

Happy New Year to you as well!

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

KAS+KIS are still a dependency, but ceased to be a hard one since stock inventory and stock EVA Construction happened. KIS works just fine in 1.12.x.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Is Pathfinder required to be able to mine things like PreciousMetals?  I've got a drill rig sitting on top of them, but all it will do is to mine Ore (Graviolium being absent)

(Catching up on the conversation...)

Blueshift adds Graviolium extractors to the stock drills via the Blueshift/Patches/StockParts.cfg Module Manager patch. By itself, the Blueshift mod doesn't have or use resources for PreciousMetals. As such, the parts in Blueshift store Graviolium exclusively (in the graviolium tanks), or Graviolium and Fusion Pellets (in the FTL propellant tanks). When you add  Wild Blue Tools, those parts switch to supporting Omni Storage, which lets you configure the tanks to hold any resources.

Wild Blue Tools also defines the Equipment resource, which is required for various configurations. When you use Classic Stock Resources, you get things like Precious Metals, and when you add Pathfinder, the stock drills gain the ability to harvest all resources in the biome, and lose their heat generation function (because stock heating causes issues- especially if you leave drills running and come back to the vessel after several days).

Technically, Wild Blue Tools has the universal resource mining functionality in the form of WBIModuleResourceHarvester and WBIGoldStrikeDrill, so I could move the drill patch from Pathfinder to Wild Blue Tools. But I've left that patch in Pathfinder since not everyone who uses Wild Blue Tools wants the universal drill functionality.

What I should probably do is support B9PartSwitch in Blueshift- something I'm doing in Sandcastle. Below is from Sandcastle, but I could update the Blueshift storage parts to work similarly:

Spoiler
@PART[rocketPartsContainerMid]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!WildBlueTools]
{
	@title = #LOC_SANDCASTLE_rocketPartsContainerMidELTitle
	@description = #LOC_SANDCASTLE_rocketPartsContainerMidELDesc
	!RESOURCE[RocketParts]{}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = fuelSwitch
		baseVolume = 8000
		switcherDescription = Tank Type

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = rocketParts
			primaryColor = #d3d3d3
			secondaryColor = #d3d3d3
			title = #EL_RocketParts_displayName
			tankType = scRocketParts
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = metal
			primaryColor = #d3d3d3
			secondaryColor = #000000
			title = #EL_Metal_displayName
			tankType = scMetal
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = scrapMetal
			primaryColor = #d3d3d3
			secondaryColor = #ffffff
			title = #EL_ScrapMetal_displayName
			tankType = scScrapMetal
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = metalOre
			primaryColor = #caa472
			secondaryColor = #caa472
			title = #EL_MetalOre_displayName
			tankType = scMetalOre
		}
	}
}

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	name = scRocketParts
	title = #EL_RocketParts_displayName

RESOURCE
	{
		name = RocketParts
		unitsPerVolume = 0.2
	}
}

For Omni Storage:

Spoiler

@PART[rocketPartsContainerMid]:NEEDS[WildBlueTools]
{
    @title = #LOC_SANDCASTLE_rocketPartsContainerMidELTitle
    @description = #LOC_SANDCASTLE_rocketPartsContainerMidELDesc

MODULE
    {
        name = WBIOmniStorage

//In liters, how much can the part store.
        storageVolume = 8000

//Skill required to reconfigure the container.
        reconfigureSkill = ConverterSkill

//Minimum rank to reconfigure the container.
        reconfigureRank = 1

//Resource required to reconfigure the container.
        requiredResource = Equipment

//Amount of the required resource to reconfigure the container.
        requiredAmount = 0

//Blacklisted resources that can't be added to the container.
        //Separate by semicolon.
        resourceBlacklist = GeoEnergy;ElectroPlasma;CoreHeat;Atmosphere;CompressedAtmosphere;LabTime;ExposureTime;ScopeTime;SolarReports;SimulatorTime;GravityWaves;IntakeAir;StaticCharge;EVA Propellant;Plants;CoreSamples;MJPropellant;SOCSFuel
    }
}

Finally, if desired, you can remove the resource requirements check when you reconfigure a part. To do that you just uncheck the option in the Difficulties menu:

hHeNNqV.png

NOTE: The above only applies if you have Wild Blue Tools installed.

Thanks for weighing in @Angel-125  Man, so much to wrap my head around.  I was pretty stuck on being able to extract and store useful stuff to do things like printing ResearchKits.  Nearly there now.

I captured my first asteroid last night - excessive woe!  No graviolium detected.  But this brings me to my question of the day.

WRT Exoatmospheric graviolium distribution.  What is MaxAltitude and MinAltitude?  Planetary radius sort of doesn't make sense.  Or is it what you define as "SMA"?    I had said the it was't finding any, but thanks to the efficiencies of hyperedit (use the expensive and accurate targeting computer, Luke) I've found it.

Thanks

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

I've found graviolium to be at the greatest concentration at <redacted> km in Kerbin orbit and tends to be more concentrated in the <redacted> regions of the belt.  :) 
Acquisition is painfully slow, but I anticipate a small fleet at <redacted> km orbit.  Noice!  My graviolium industry is bootstrapped.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

@Angel-125 I'm looking at your announcement of Blueshift from last Feb where you indicated that the stock size 2 ISRU would make fusion pellets from ore unless WildBlueTools & FFT is installed.  Has that changed?  I'm not sure how to read this.

@PART[ISRU]:NEEDS[!WildBlueTools&!FarFutureTechnologies]

I have Blueshift, Pathfinder, WildBlue Tools, KFS installed - but not FFT and the ISRU will only make the normal things plus Propellium - but no option for Fusion Pellets.

The Micro ISRU will - but needs the constituents - Ore, Water, Minerite, Hexagen.  Gonna need them pellets and would much rather make than buy out of the VAB and lift them up.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

2 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 I'm looking at your announcement of Blueshift from last Feb where you indicated that the stock size 2 ISRU would make fusion pellets from ore unless WildBlueTools & FFT is installed.  Has that changed?  I'm not sure how to read this.

@PART[ISRU]:NEEDS[!WildBlueTools&!FarFutureTechnologies]

I have Blueshift, Pathfinder, WildBlue Tools, KFS installed - but not FFT and the ISRU will only make the normal things plus Propellium - but no option for Fusion Pellets.

The Micro ISRU will - but needs the constituents - Ore, Water, Minerite, Hexagen.  Gonna need them pellets and would much rather make than buy out of the VAB and lift them up.

That line should be @PART[]ISRU]:NEEDS[!WildBlueTools,!FarFutureTechnologies]

39 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That line should be @PART[]ISRU]:NEEDS[!WildBlueTools,!FarFutureTechnologies]

what I posted is  what came with:

"VERSION":
    {
	"MAJOR":1,
	"MINOR":6,
	"PATCH":2,
	"BUILD":0
    },

what is the boolean logic for that?  Is the comma "," a boolean OR - and would provide functionality if either was installed but not both? 

Heh.. I swore I wouldn't delve into the API when I started this and yet here I am.  Hold mah beer.  Making the change.

7 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

what is the boolean logic for that?  Is the comma "," a boolean OR - and would provide functionality if either was installed but not both? 

Comma (or & ) is AND, Exclamation point is NOT. Pipe character "|" is OR.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I would argue to remove the Blueshift requirement that WBT not be installed for having the ISRU produce FusionPellets.  Agree about FFT though.

My personal desire is to be able to warp around the system at will and to be able to harvest/produce the necessary Graviolium and FusionPellets required.

The Stardust collector kind of sits at the middle of all this.  It's right useful for mid-game Graviolium acquisition and for a robust Graviolium industry, but comes with KFS - which brings in WBT.  At this point now, resource dependencies for FusionPellets are getting out of hand.

If you'd like to dash about the system and be self-sufficient with the gas to do it and possibly go interstellar, install Blueshift and KFS
If you're preference is juggling a complex set of resource dependencies, install Blueshift, KFS and FFT (and probably Pathfinder)

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Is this supposed to take hours to download?

From Github? Then they're responsible for slow speed and sometimes this happens, could be a DDoS, could be a DNS issue, like as normal nowadays. Or a server room employee slave stumbled upon a cable jack.
Now, 12 hours after your post, I downloaded with max. speed (250 Mbit/s in my case) without an issue.

Edit:

And you know what? Sometimes stopping a slow download and restarting it fixes the issue.

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'm curious how it is that Unknown Space Objects are suppose to appear.  The sandbox save that I have is getting plenty of them showing up, but my main career mode game is seeing none at all.

Allow Space Anomalies is checked in the settings - as is Allow Jumpgates

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

1 hour ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I'm curious how it is that Unknown Space Objects are suppose to appear.  The sandbox save that I have is getting plenty of them showing up, but my main career mode game is seeing none at all.

Allow Space Anomalies is checked in the settings - as is Allow Jumpgates

You don't just magically get space anomalies. They appear at random, and I've verified that they're working in KSP 1.12.x- I have several in my own career game.

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You don't just magically get space anomalies. They appear at random, and I've verified that they're working in KSP 1.12.x- I have several in my own career game.

@Angel-125 I'm sorry - my question was poorly phrased.  Will Space Anomalies appear in the Space Objects tab of the tracking center or in the Unknown tab and then have to be tracked? 

There are none in the vicinity of Kerbin - though the game does know of at least 3 out there somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 I'm sorry - my question was poorly phrased.  Will Space Anomalies appear in the Space Objects tab of the tracking center or in the Unknown tab and then have to be tracked? 

There are none in the vicinity of Kerbin - though the game does know of at least 3 out there somewhere.

They are created as a Space Object.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, Jhorriga said:

Doesn't seem like the wormhole does anything for me, I just approach it and nothing happens, instead bumping into the solid cube inside. I'm running galaxies unbound if that helps.

I recently tested the jumpgates and was able to port around the system. I did notice that the "puddle" effect isn't showing up but I believe that's because I don't have Waterfall installed.

4fHkTWM.png

Zt6EGjX.png

I have noticed that the buildable jumpgate turns into a pretzel and I'm investigating:

ZwkcVCR.png

I'm getting errors in the stock docking port module, and I don't know why.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I have noticed that the buildable jumpgate turns into a pretzel and I'm investigating:

ZwkcVCR.png

Get a bunch of screenshots of THAT - sounds like part of the plot of a dozen SF movies, and that's ripe for inclusion into one of your mission log series. ;-)